Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-08-2020, 06:28 PM   #1
Att3mpt

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2015 2SS RS
playing through Spotify while plugged?

Hi everyone, whenever I play music through bluetooth it works with spotify, but once I plug my phone into a charger it forces it into "iPod" mode and shows "no music found". I am then unable to continue to listen on Bluetooth when charging.

Is this a common problem? and How can i solve it?

thank you!
Att3mpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 06:39 PM   #2
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Att3mpt View Post
Hi everyone, whenever I play music through bluetooth it works with spotify, but once I plug my phone into a charger it forces it into "iPod" mode and shows "no music found". I am then unable to continue to listen on Bluetooth when charging.
Instead of plugging the charge cord into the car USB port to charge ...I plug it into the cigarette lighter outlet to get the charge power. This prevents the car from trying to pull data via USB port and only pulls the data via Bluetooth. Which eliminates the annoying no music found message.
2014 2SS/RS, Z28 CAI and High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 5.1:1 Ratio Short-Throw Shifter, ZL1 Pedals, ZL1 splash guards, NPP Dual-mode quad tip exhaust, Z28 strut tower brace, Camaro LED Cup-holders with footwell Lighting option, Leather visors, and Leather E-brake boot. Chevy dealer sponsored 67 retro SS nose stripe package.
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 01:29 PM   #3
Att3mpt

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2015 2SS RS
Thank you!
Att3mpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 06:57 AM   #4
2010sgm

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
just use a cigarette lighter plug and not the usb you it will work like a charm. i keep my phone in center console while charging and streaming bluetooth.
Old 05-01-2023, 07:57 AM   #5
ailinmeter
Account Suspended

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
I had a similar issue with Spotify and my phone when it came to charging and Bluetooth. But I recently discovered some hidden gems about Spotify that might help you out! I found this website streamingfamous.com that, has some great tips and tricks for getting the most out of your Spotify experience.
As for your issue, I found that instead of plugging the charge cord into the car USB port to charge, I plug it into the cigarette lighter outlet to get the charge power. This prevents the car from trying to pull data via a USB port and only pulls the data via Bluetooth. Which eliminates the annoying "no music found" message.

Last edited by ailinmeter; 05-04-2023 at 09:05 AM.
ailinmeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 08:38 PM   #6
AlexForsyth1

Drives: BMW
I totally get your frustration with charging. It's like, "Why you gotta switch to 'iPod' mode, phone?" I've been there too.It's not super common, but it happens to a few of us. The solution might be a bit of a workaround. Try putting your phone in "Do Not Disturb" mode before plugging it in. This can sometimes prevent the switch to "iPod" mode and let you keep jamming on Bluetooth while charging.And hey, if you're still looking for solutions, here's a random thought: have you ever considered boosting your music's reach with Spotify plays? I found out that you can buy Spotify plays, which can be helpful.

Last edited by AlexForsyth1; 02-05-2024 at 03:47 AM.
AlexForsyth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 03:42 AM   #7
LondonCastillo

Drives: Camaro
Does someone know what Spotify plays can give you?
LondonCastillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 04:02 AM   #8
LondonCastillo

Drives: Camaro
I've experienced a similar issue before. Try checking your phone's settings to see if there's an option to prioritize Bluetooth audio even when charging. Also, make sure your Bluetooth device is properly paired and that there are no interruptions in the connection. And by the way, a site where you buy Spotify plays could potentially boost your visibility, giving your music a wider audience!

Last edited by LondonCastillo; 02-12-2024 at 03:00 AM.
LondonCastillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 06:25 AM   #9
Carpetguy

Drives: 2011
I know on my Samsung it happens to me.As soon As i plug it in it will go to auto mode..I had to clear the data on the app
And redo the settings to allow phone calls and music
Carpetguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bluetooth, charger, infotainment, music, spotify