Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-03-2024, 01:20 PM   #15
SS376

Drives: 2013 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by morepowerjoe View Post
Is it just me or are 5th gen prices down at the moment? Heck last year you couldn't even find a V8 for less than $20k with hardly under 100k miles. But that is a fantastic deal I would jump all over that.
I've noticed the same thing. Prices have definitely come back down although they still seem a bit higher than before all the supply chain stuff started.
SS376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 06:41 AM   #16
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saffir3 View Post
Within the next week i am going to buy a 2014, 1SS 1LE. It has 92,000 miles and its going for $17,000. Its in really good condition and it has all the 1LE things the strut tower brace, suede sterring wheel the 20" ZL1 rims. What do i need to know, is the price too much. Is it too much power for me. (I drive a v6 camaro)
So did you ever buy it?
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 04:01 AM   #17
TheBrightSide

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS coupe (MT)
Quote:
Originally Posted by morepowerjoe View Post
Is it just me or are 5th gen prices down at the moment? Heck last year you couldn't even find a V8 for less than $20k with hardly under 100k miles. But that is a fantastic deal I would jump all over that.
Yes, as a matter of fact, I regret buying a collector/garage queen of a 2010 2SS manual coupe. It had 18k miles when I bought it in the early June of 2023, for a bit under $25k listing price. It didn’t have the amenities that the 2012+ 2SS Camaro’s all came with, by default.

I recall seeing a lot of 2013+ 2SS manual (LS3) models that I wanted, especially an SS 1LE, which I still have a hard time finding, since they’re so indistinguishable from online listings (usually hidden under plain 14-15 Camaro SS’). I just mainly wanted the default MyLink carplay head unit, the rear backup/reverse camer.

Oh, and of course, I was interested in the ELECTRIC power steering setup. God, those 10-12 V8’s had absolutely shitty power steering pump designs. Genuine OEM (AC Delco) were the only other ones that didn’t have any issues usually, but would still be prone to burning up and breaking, from hooning the car/steering (usually near or at full lock mostly). I’ve had plenty of generic PS pumps that would whine, groan, make sounds and have other steering issues, even after properly installing and bleeding the PS fluid… Cardone was a step down from AC Delco, as was some remanufactured ones (which were as garbage as the generic, or faked as “OEM”).

I even see low mileage, garage queen collector 13+ Camaro V8 (SS, ZL1) convertibles going for as much as my 2010 2SS MT coupe was going for, some a bit more for obvious reasons like the early 2013 (pre-14) ZL1 convertibles. I actually thought those all came manual, but I guess ZL1’s didn’t come in manual for the convertible, up until the 6th gen (2016+) Camaro’s.

Hell, I almost want a 16-20 Camaro 1SS or LT1 with mild to moderate mileage. Idk how much more reliable they are considered to the LS-based V8 platforms of these 5th gens, but I know the newer gen LT V8 engines are a lot more complex to work on, with their more modern direct injection fueling, and intricate engineering of physical bolt-on parts around the engine bay and underside.
TheBrightSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 08:52 AM   #18
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
You can buy an aftermarket head unit that has Apple carplay and Android auto programed in. Changes the radio to all touch screen. Makes it way more modern.