Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 05-17-2010, 03:07 PM   #1
kbui

Drives: 85 Vette, 07 Escalade ESV, 03 GMC,
LT header and muffler delete

A few of us in CenTex had a dyno day 3 days ago. Our observations are as follow: CAI and catback exhaust didn't do much in terms of +HP. A few of the catbacks sounded very nice; Borla was probably the nicest. Muffler delete was also a lot nicer than what have been told by a lot of people. The biggest gain was the LTs. So this is a scenario I would like to see if anyone have done:

1) LT header with hi-flo cats + resonated X-pipe and muffler delete. Removing the stock mufflers and resonators (L99's is huge) but put back in the resonated X-pipe. Would this bring down the sound level to a reasonable level (more in line with muffler delete?).

2) Putting the 3.45 (LS3) gears in the L99 to pick up about 5-6% more TQ and still retain the warranty?

ADM Performance installed and tuned: Maggie, Stainless Works Power LTs, ADM race cai, ADM ZL1 scoop
Whiteside Customs Super Street 2 Package w/ coilovers
BC Racing Coilovers and lowered, Whiteline Bushings & Swaybars
MBRP catback exhaust, ZL1 bumper conversion, Drake billet shifter, Hurst paddles, NLP rear spoiler, OEM GFX, Vis Racing hood, ASA GT5 wheels
kbui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:17 PM   #2
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I just had the Dynatech LT's, Dynatech high flow cats and the Corsa LS3 exhaust system installed on my L99 and it is absolutely awesome
Old 05-17-2010, 07:42 PM   #3
RuffEL
Semper Fi! Do or DIE!

Drives: '10 camaro 1SS, '02 silverado 1500
getting doug thorley long tubes and a borla attack cat-back with dynatech hi flo cats too....will have them installed once i get them in a week or so...will keep ya posted (gonna do a stock dyno and after install one too)
RuffEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:15 PM   #4
wbt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T;2011 Mustang GT
I like Sam's ARH setup. Good quality and nice sound.

In my opinion I would look at the Texas Speed system. I think you would be happy with it.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:02 AM   #5
kbui

Drives: 85 Vette, 07 Escalade ESV, 03 GMC,
WBT:
I was thinking about the same thing. I saw the TSP system and it was TSP headers + cats +xpipe + 3" Magflo all the way back. I am not going to be showing my car and I do not drive it much in the rain/bad weather so SS409 is perfectly fine with me.

They also have a headers+cats without the Magflo cat-back for under $1000? I think I saw this somewhere? not on their web site though. I am thinking this setup connecting to the stock cat back with or without a muffler delete might be a very cost effective solution???

Anyone else have an opinion on this?

ADM Performance installed and tuned: Maggie, Stainless Works Power LTs, ADM race cai, ADM ZL1 scoop
Whiteside Customs Super Street 2 Package w/ coilovers
BC Racing Coilovers and lowered, Whiteline Bushings & Swaybars
MBRP catback exhaust, ZL1 bumper conversion, Drake billet shifter, Hurst paddles, NLP rear spoiler, OEM GFX, Vis Racing hood, ASA GT5 wheels
kbui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:41 PM   #6
Bewenched

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Bewenched Send a message via MSN to Bewenched
I have long tube headers with high-flow cats, x-pipe and muffler delete on my L99 and love it!
Bewenched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:39 PM   #7
crussell83
SS Gimp

Drives: 2ss SS/RS IBM
Send a message via AIM to crussell83
im partial to Kooks....right now i just have the Borla Stinger catbacks but within the month will be getting the Kooks LTs and X-pipe...
i had Kooks 1 7/8" LTS-3 inch x-pipe-Borla stingers on my Vette...sounded amazing and had very good gains
gonna do the same setup on the camaro and see how it goes
crussell83 is offline   Reply With Quote