Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 07-02-2013, 09:23 AM   #8611
mrmertz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodih View Post
Time for another gathering, and time to show off some folk's new cars! This month's meeting will be 11 July on the East side, at Rancho Rustica, 8270 S Houghton Rd, Southwest corner of Houghton and Rita Rd. Dinner at 6PM, car talk at 7. Please PM or email me if you plan to attend.
Deb and I will be in Prescott so can't make it. The July 4th event is out as well at TCC since I just sealed a portion of our driveway so the ZL is trapped inside until Friday. Ugh.

Count us in for everything else though, especially the Mystery cruises and the Mount Lemmon runs!

Have a fun 4th all and be safe.
mrmertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #8612
REIGHARD55

Drives: 2018 Hot Wheels 50th anniversary ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnaz View Post
Here is alittle more information from Gilbert with Sonoran Muscle Cars and their July 4th event:

"Hello Everyone!

The tragic loss of 19 firefighters have touched all of us. I would like to announce that there will be a tribute to our fallen heroes. Old Pueblo Vintage Fire Brigade has graciously accepted my invitation to bring a couple of their vintage fire trucks to the show. I will read the names of the fallen firefighters. With each name, the bell will ring in their honor. Please come out and show your support and pay tribute to Arizona's Bravest."
Anybody planning to attend?
REIGHARD55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:27 PM   #8613
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by REIGHARD55 View Post
Anybody planning to attend?
I can't make it. We have the whole famn damily together every year on the 4th.

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #8614
40years

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS Hyper Blue Met.
We won't make it. Flying to Baltimore at zero, zero dark thirty Friday morning. See you all when we get back on the 12th. Have a great 4th!!!
Old 07-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #8615
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Any chance we could organize something with firehouse subs again after the incident involving the 19 firemen?
Old 07-03-2013, 12:11 PM   #8616
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 HBM
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
Quote:
I noticed today, the drivers side Headlight inside HD Lens has two big greasy finger print smudges. The Passenger Side Headlight inside HD Lens has an object stuck to it. I know these are sealed Headlights, so it must of came off the line like this. I attached a picture of the passenger side showing the object. It is really weird both lights are dirty.
Turns out this was a crack in the HID len, weird. Ziv at Watson is replacing both lights, they are good to work with.
2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1 A10/CF Hood Insert/PDR/NAV MODS: Rotofab CAI/V-MAX CNC Ported Throttle Body/Clear Bra/LED Reverse Light/Rock Guards/Lift Pads/Darkened Tail Lights/Ghost-Tinted LED Side Markers/Darkened 3rd Brake Light
FLYNNZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:33 PM   #8617
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Quote:
Turns out this was a crack in the HID len, weird. Ziv at Watson is replacing both lights, they are good to work with.
Will you be able to get your Headlight Armor off the old ones? I haven't tried removing them yet. I would think you can get them off and re-use them.

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #8618
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodih View Post
Will you be able to get your Headlight Armor off the old ones? I haven't tried removing them yet. I would think you can get them off and re-use them.
Probably not, Ziv told me he could make it up by giving me the side Camaro letters so I could paint them black, or install a Heritage grill, I would need to buy the grill. I am on the fence about the grill, and if I get one, if it should be black or IOM.......
2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1 A10/CF Hood Insert/PDR/NAV MODS: Rotofab CAI/V-MAX CNC Ported Throttle Body/Clear Bra/LED Reverse Light/Rock Guards/Lift Pads/Darkened Tail Lights/Ghost-Tinted LED Side Markers/Darkened 3rd Brake Light
Old 07-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #8619
mrmertz

Okay, I'm about ready to throw this whole K&N piece of $&#% in the garbage. How in the world do they expect you to take a thick metal reinforced insulating trim and get it to fit snug around all of these 90 degree turns on this blasted heat shield?

Absolutely a waste of my time. I should just send it back. Plus upon taking the stock air cleaner off one of the metal grommets popped off its mount and went God nows where into the depths of the engine compartment.

I should have never bought this car. Waste of money.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #8620
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmertz View Post
Okay, I'm about ready to throw this whole K&N piece of $&#% in the garbage. How in the world do they expect you to take a thick metal reinforced insulating trim and get it to fit snug around all of these 90 degree turns on this blasted heat shield?

Absolutely a waste of my time. I should just send it back. Plus upon taking the stock air cleaner off one of the metal grommets popped off its mount and went God nows where into the depths of the engine compartment.

I should have never bought this car. Waste of money.
PM'ed Hang in there buddy
Old 07-03-2013, 09:08 PM   #8621
mrmertz

I'm going to send this thing back. I'm done. Now I have to find the friggin metal grommet.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:11 PM   #8622
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmertz View Post
I'm going to send this thing back. I'm done. Now I have to find the friggin metal grommet.
There's a easy trick to putting the trim on, heat it up with a hair dryer. If you need help, give me a call.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:15 PM   #8623
mrmertz

Quote:
There's a easy trick to putting the trim on, heat it up with a hair dryer. If you need help, give me a call.
Thanks Sean! Will do. Have a good 4th with all the company!
Old 07-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #8624
40years

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS Hyper Blue Met.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA
Everybody have a safe and enjoyable 4th of July.