Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Sponsors Camaro Builds / Project Cars

Old 11-05-2013, 05:49 PM   #1
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Ask Gretchen.

Forced Induction for sure and a little noz probably wouldn't hurt. You're going to need all you can get and them some and hope they are indeed stock.

Should be a lot of fun trying.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:57 PM   #2
45thCAMARO 2SS/RS
xquest91x

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS/RS
Y didn't u just buy a v8?
H/C + Bolt-ons + Tune •485RWHP/435RWTQ•
Full BMR Stage 2&3 Suspension
3.91 1LE Gear Diff Swap
MGW Short Throw Shifter
45thCAMARO 2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:52 PM   #3
jackscf16

Drives: 2011 camaro ss procharged, headers
45thAnniversary2SS, do you have any ballpark numbers, and turbo right. very little info on v6 camaros
jackscf16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #4
jackscf16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thCAMARO 2SS/RS View Post
Y didn't u just buy a v8?
is this the best starting point, and can you post a link to price these parts out, for the rs
Old 11-05-2013, 07:17 PM   #5
HP Turbine
Boosted

Drives: 2012 1LT RS... with snails
If you have an LFX than twin turbo.

IPS Twin Turbos, Corsa Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body. 461 rwhp 443 rwtq!! *Cameron Hass.ani*
HP Turbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:18 PM   #6
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
You can't,
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #7
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
You can't,
You can't what? Beat a 5.0 Mustang, with the right kind of money You can.
I would Give an Mustang a hell of a Run with my Fiat Spyder. ABARTH Parts in A 2.0L, Red light to Red light I was hard to beat.

The only thing that beats cubic inches is Cubic MONEY
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:29 PM   #8
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
You can beat a 5.0...but you have an LLT which makes it harder to do. It won't be easy. (mostly because of a lack of tuning options) The 2012 and up models have an LFX engine...pretty close to the LLT but with some updates and better tuning options and thus more options for power. A twin turbo on the LFX could woop a 5.0 for sure.

But you have an LLT. Because of that you only have two options.

1) Nitrous. There are a couple LLTs that have gone well into the 12s and even one that has gone into the high 11s at the quarter mile with a what I think was a 100 - 120 shot, a couple minor bolt ons (intake/exhaust) and Drag Radials on the rear, skinnies on the front. You'd have an great chance on wooping up on a stock 5.0 with that setup.

2) IPF supercharger. This is the only real option for forced induction on the LLT. You'll get somewhere between 425 to 475 crank horsepower depending on your other mods with this kit. It screams up top and you'd likely be able to run with or pull away from a stock 5.0 from a roll. The problem is that it doesn't make a lot of power in the lower part of the rpms, so if you went from a dig the 5.0 would still likely get you. Of course, again if you had sticky tires and such that makes a big difference. We've seen a V6 run as low as a 12.8 with just this kit installed an not much else but you should expect mid to low 13 second for an average run with this kit.

So there you have it. Thats your options.....or just get a V8 but even then thats no guarantee you'll beat the 5.0. You'll need mods to guarantee it...if well if the 5.0 is not stock then all bets go out the window.

Last edited by KMPrenger; 11-06-2013 at 11:24 AM.
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:43 AM   #9
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
If the 5.0 isn't stock or close to stock, two words for you... good luck.

If it is stock, it's still going to be hard to do mostly because you have a manual. Manual and big power tend to break things so chances are you'd have to either replace axles or hope they don't break if you spray from the line. If you go SC, you'll have to drive the hell out of your car if you want to win from a dig. The SC doesn't make a lot of low end torque so he'll get you out of the hole. At that point, your just praying that you have enough top end to beat him.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #10
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
If the 5.0 isn't stock or close to stock, two words for you... good luck.

If it is stock, it's still going to be hard to do mostly because you have a manual. Manual and big power tend to break things so chances are you'd have to either replace axles or hope they don't break if you spray from the line. If you go SC, you'll have to drive the hell out of your car if you want to win from a dig. The SC doesn't make a lot of low end torque so he'll get you out of the hole. At that point, your just praying that you have enough top end to beat him.
Agree. The manual doesn't seem to want to hold up to nitrous or forced induction for long before you have to replace it. Yes...he would have to drive like a pro to pull off the win...unless of course the other guy can't drive at all either.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:50 PM   #11
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
And hope he was never on a track
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:09 AM   #12
jackscf16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
You can beat a 5.0...but you have an LLT which makes it harder to do. It won't be easy. (mostly because of a lack of tuning options) The 2012 and up models have an LFX engine...pretty close to the LLT but with some updates and better tuning options and thus more options for power. A twin turbo on the LFX could woop a 5.0 for sure.

But you have an LLT. Because of that you only have two options.

1) Nitrous. There are a couple LLTs that have gone well into the 12s and even one that has gone into the high 11s at the quarter mile with a what I think was a 100 - 120 shot, a couple minor bolt ons (intake/exhaust) and Drag Radials on the rear, skinnies on the front. You'd have an great chance on wooping up on a stock 5.0 with that setup.

2) IPF supercharger. This is the only real option for forced induction on the LLT. You'll get somewhere between 425 to 475 crank horsepower depending on your other mods with this kit. It screams up top and you'd likely be able to run with or pull away from a stock 5.0 from a roll. The problem is that it doesn't make a lot of power in the lower part of the rpms, so if you went from a dig the 5.0 would still likely get you. Of course, again if you had sticky tires and such that makes a big difference. We've seen a V6 run as low as a 12.8 with just this kit installed an not much else but you should expect mid to low 13 second for an average run with this kit.

So there you have it. Thats your options.....or just get a V8 but even then thats no guarantee you'll beat the 5.0. You'll need mods to guarantee it...if well if the 5.0 is not stock then all bets go out the window.

Thanks I will go talk to the local Car shops like "RMCR" and ask about tuning since that seems to be a real issue. Based on what he says I will know which route to go. 1 more question was that NAS wet or dry shot. huge difference in set up.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #13
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
beating a 5.0 can be done, I have done it. But it really comes down to the driver. I have the IPF and can do it, but I am heavily modded as well. Hell, I've even beat a ZL1. but driver error was in play, but a win is a win....
Old 11-21-2013, 08:55 PM   #14
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
I heard that! Congrats on the wins! I beat me a ZL1 too but it was bracket racing & he was dumb & broke out. Still.................a win is a win! I have had fun beating a few GT Mustangs along the way too - heads up racing!

Good luck OP.

Last edited by RubyCamaro; 11-22-2013 at 10:16 AM.
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote