Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 02:50 PM   #379
I call it Vera

Drives: ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddenangels89 View Post
What will end up happening won't turn out pretty...

> Dealer locates a Used ZL1 that he can get you
> Insurance eventually pays you for the value of your totaled ZL1 (GEICO sucks with this from past experiences)
> Dealer sells you the Used ZL1 that he can locate
> Or you can buy it from another dealer and make the travel
> Your insurance will pay you for rental usage for its maximum allowance if selected
> You will need to pay any upfront expenses and wait for reimbursement
> you will take the driver to court and sue for what you paid out of pocket (so make sure you do not sign any documents with opposing insurance companies if/when the time comes indicating you are relinquishing them from any future suits - they do do this)
> you name the dealership in a separate lawsuit for not having a secure key drop box or warning that the key drop box is not secure.

As much as we'd love to see you walk away with a brand new ZL1, the reality is that insurance is to make you whole, not better; and this is why we carry insurance, is for unimaginable things like this happening.

Then we sue, and you will most likely win, but then you have to collect. that is the hard part. Collecting from the driver = near impossible. Collecting from the dealership if you win would be easier.

Good luck.
This ^

As much as I'd like to get a new car in this situation, I just don't see it happening.

AND, for the record . . . that $%@$#@^#$%&^%$& needs to be punished.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:49 PM   #380
Smokey jr.

Drives: 2011 inferno orange camaro
F UM...sue for fraudulent misrepresentation...
Old 12-27-2013, 04:08 PM   #381
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
This post is going on and on,there are people which i understand have not read the posting from the start,all that is going on now is a lot of people who don't really understand the law,and how every state is different keep talking about this and that,and how insurance will replace his car with a new one,or how the police can press charges,how they understand which insurance company is liable for it...etc etc... a..
the fact of the matter,is that there are some facts about this case that most of you do not know anything about..go back and pls read my posts on page 7...I have been in contact with the OP on many different occasions on this subject,as well as the dealer...a quick lesson for a few of you..a lawyer does not work for free....they charge up to 350hr or 45 % of the recovered amount plus all other court costs,and fees for meeting with court reporters which can cost up to 1500 per meeting with recording on video as well,and fees for a judge to mediate the meetings etc etc..so that 45% can be equal to 60% really fast...so say he gets a new car which the value is 60 the lawyer will want 25k easy depending on how the agreement is arranged.could be as low as 15k if its by the hour..even if its all done really fast say the lawyer only wants 10k..fine .the OP has to pay that,it takes a court order to get the charges picked up by the dealer....or the dealer agrees to pay that as well as paying for a new car..good luck with that...

So even if the OP gets a new ZL1 less the lawyers fees,he wont be able to a afford to purchase it,or even a used one..as silly as that sounds...i know a letter from a lawyer is cheap,but the dealer will start by passing it onto the insurance company,another thing some of you may not understand or know is that when you agree to take the payout to settle the lien on a wrecked car you also agree not to sue the insured as well.because the insurance acts as the lawyer,judge,& jury for all of it,unless you turn down the pay off for your lein,and then go to court for real...
The dealer has offered to cover the gap if there is any between the insurance pay out,and the price of a replacement 2012 ZL1 which under the law and any insurance guide line is all the OP is entitled to,no matter what some of you may think..if the op had been driving the car and he was hit and injured then ,yes he when be entitled to pain ,and suffering all of the things that gets someone the extra funds some of you seem to think he is owed.
Anyway by everyone continuing to bother or harass the dealer its just making it harder for the OP to get the extra help from the dealer that the dealer does not have to do,but is still willing to last i heared,even after everything that has gone on...

offering to send a few k for the motor is not helping,if you really want to help the op just send him the cash direct..as i posted before and the op as well under the states law the neither the op or the dealer can retain the ZL1 or can they purchase it back or sell anything from or off of it.That is the state law,it has to go to a salvage yard,and then and only then can parts be sold off of it..but the yard has to purchase it through a auction site..
none of this issue is as cut and dry as some of you guys seem to think it is...There are some issues that prevent the OP from hiring a lawyer,as they wont work for free,and its not my place to discuss his personal financial issues.. i wish both of them good luck,happy holidays..
Old 12-27-2013, 04:14 PM   #382
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Drives: Zoe the ZL1, 2012 Frontier
Ok, confirmation. It's real. I just saw it on the NBC10 news in Philadelphia. On their 6 PM broadcast they're going to have the story on it with the owner.

I'm gonna sit here and watch and report back.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:21 PM   #383
BigBoyBlue
Go NY Giants & NY Rangers

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Maybe some lawyer will do it pro bono in order to get some exposure.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:25 PM   #384
Candr3535

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Triple Black Vert M6 #5591
Channel10 news in Philly at 6 pm today is covering the story. Btw my uncle is the camera man. I just want all u people too put yourself in Mr. Hoopers shoes. I guarantee most of you want a new car. And to tell you the truth I would too. Especially the way I have taken care of it. Yes I have children and a wife and yes they are the most important thing to me but my ZL1 is also important to me. Just not as important to me as my FAMILY are....the dealership is just plain and simple liable for the incident regardless that the fact is they we're closed. They gave that criminal the keys to the dealership. Period. They are on the hook for it. Just my .02. Good luck Mr. Hooper. Most of us are behind you
Dyna-Tech Headers Ceramic Coated w/Super Flo Cats, JRE Custom Rough Idle Racing Cam Package and 125 RWHP Pulley Kit w/ 28% pulley, Custom Tune by Ted, ID850 injectors, JMS Fuel Booster, NGK Plugs, MSD Plug Wires, Roto-Fab CAI, Roto-Fab Big Gulp, Elite Catch Can, Mild to Wild, 90mm VMaxx Ported Throttle Body, Skip Shift Elim., D3 Coolant Resevoir, Separated Clutch Resevoir, and Fuzzy Red Dice..
Old 12-27-2013, 04:27 PM   #385
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Oil Guy View Post
Ok, confirmation. It's real. I just saw it on the NBC10 news in Philadelphia. On their 6 PM broadcast they're going to have the story on it with the owner.

Cool. They even have live streaming from their website, but sadly I'll miss it at 6pm.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:27 PM   #386
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candr3535 View Post
Channel10 news in Philly at 6 pm today is covering the story. Btw my uncle is the camera man. I just want all u people too put yourself in Mr. Hoopers shoes. I guarantee most of you want a new car. And to tell you the truth I would too. Especially the way I have taken care of it. Yes I have children and a wife and yes they are the most important thing to me but my ZL1 is also important to me. Just not as important to me as my FAMILY are....the dealership is just plain and simple liable for the incident regardless that the fact is they we're closed. They gave that criminal the keys to the dealership. Period. They are on the hook for it. Just my .02. Good luck Mr. Hooper. Most of us are behind you
Yup, look up two posts
Old 12-27-2013, 04:53 PM   #387
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
streaming now:
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...158473335.html
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:54 PM   #388
29er

Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Oil Guy View Post

Thanks for the tip! thanks for the internet!
Old 12-27-2013, 04:57 PM   #389
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Chevy isn't going to like this.

Probably airing in the next 5-10 minutes.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:13 PM   #390
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Airing NOW!
Old 12-27-2013, 05:18 PM   #391
frankzlt1

Drives: 1996 ss camaro #1762
Just saw the news reel.Good luck Mr Hooper with everything. Hope the dealer will do the right thing.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:20 PM   #392
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Yep, aside from saying it was a 2011, it was a nice little summation of the story and I like the fact that they couldn't get the actual owner on the phone and they had to talk to the owners son.

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1