Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-02-2012, 04:44 PM   #15
bhall82
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos30 View Post
hahaha bro I WISH i had this problem. Mines not fast enough to get it to spin that much at all.

That means you aren't trying hard enough

I may know a guy or 2 that could help you out if need be
bhall82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:52 PM   #16
nikos30
HT5 EastSide

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhall82 View Post
That means you aren't trying hard enough

I may know a guy or 2 that could help you out if need be
lol I mean i know how to, but its not like i have to be careful when im driving to not spin.

but if u kno a guy that can get me stuff for free, like the zl1, then yea...let me get his number
Old 04-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #17
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
I am at pretty much the identical power level as the OP but use the Maggie system, I have some decent suspension upgrades but not total suspension upgraded. Need to get some toe links installed.

If I mash the throttle (315s on the rear with 11" wheels), in 1, 2 or 3rd gear(depending on speed), I can break it loose dramatically and it can be easy to loose control especially if you do this as you are rounding a turn.

That said, if you go 1/2 throttle until you get some momentum going and then as mentioned gradually get on the throttle more progressively you can feel the car hook and then really launch hard.

If your in 1 or 2 gear and under 25 mph, your going to smoke em no matter what you do if you mash the throttle.

Get some good rubber and even more importantly, lean just how hard you can go at that throttle. Once you get the feel for your car, you will be able to use the throttle progressively to get you moving as quickly as your tires will allow.

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:22 PM   #18
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

Drives: TT/SS
Might be an alignment issue. 530 really isn't that much especially to spin 3rd gear 315's. Unless maybe if it's 30 outside, but even still doubtful.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:47 PM   #19
Luvpilot

Drives: GM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPredator View Post
Might be an alignment issue. 530 really isn't that much especially to spin 3rd gear 315's. Unless maybe if it's 30 outside, but even still doubtful.
This.

I'm at 560 w/Maggie on 275's.

Full suspension upgrades.

I can break them loose at 40-50 in 2nd.

3rd? No chance.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:50 AM   #20
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhall82 View Post
Contact Pete over at Pedders to get hooked up with rear cradle bushings, differential bushings, and toe rods. They will help more than anything. Also quite a bit cheaper than buying wheels and tires as some have advised.
These parts will not help him gain traction at all. A set of tires will do more than anything else for him. Now once he gets a set of tires that will hold the power he has he may need some other suspension parts but the issue he is cuurently having is more tire related than anything else.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:30 AM   #21
bhall82
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
These parts will not help him gain traction at all. A set of tires will do more than anything else for him. Now once he gets a set of tires that will hold the power he has he may need some other suspension parts but the issue he is cuurently having is more tire related than anything else.

Agreed. i went back and re-read. A set of 11" wide wheels and 305's or 315's would do the trick
bhall82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:26 PM   #22
InvaderMoose

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM
So you're telling me that just a change of tire will make that big of a difference? 315 nitto nt05's will change everything?

Engine/Appearance: 530 RWHP
Whipple supercharger, Full JBA Exhaust, Ported TB, Cold Air Inductions & ADM Scoop /Complete new paint, 20" Forgestar F14s, Sinister hood, SLP Spoiler, AAC Halos, P13W Fogs
InvaderMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:37 PM   #23
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvaderMoose View Post
So you're telling me that just a change of tire will make that big of a difference? 315 nitto nt05's will change everything?
No one thing will change 'everything'.

I mean, you can put some racing slicks on it. But that's not reasonable for street driving.

But, assuming your alignment is flat, and you aren't running too wide of tire on the rear for your rims, then yes, a tire can make the difference. Then other factors like suspension components.

Dude..... you have a top mount blower. You're NOT going to get perfect traction.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:54 PM   #24
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
I think what we're all driving at here is that there can be some definite improvements with an upgraded suspension package, but at the end of the day you're driving a large displacement supercharged RWD Vehicle. For best performance you're going to need a large contact patch with really sticky rubber to keep everything under control, and even then it is probably going to require some finesse with the gas pedal to get the car moving quickly without wheel spin.

We can talk about how to get the most out of your suspension and how our parts can help eliminate wheel hop and promote traction, but ultimately if you're first limitation is the amount of grip the car can generate you should look at increasing the amount of mechanical grip with either tire size or grippier tire compound.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:02 PM   #25
JMAC2011
MONGOOSE

Drives: 2011 SS Camaro M6
All the suspension upgrades I did to my car have made the car equally as much fun to drive as all the power uprgrades that I have done. Try not to look at suspension mods as just solving a problem that is bothering you... look at it as making the car more fun and easier to drive. I got all my suspension parts from Pfadt and I must say that their product quality and level of service has been nothing but the highest level. If you can afford it go, with their Stage 1 drag racing kit or their Stage 3 Performance kit depending on your taste. Both of those should solve many problems and make the car more fun to drive. If you get stickier tires and don't do suspension mods at the same time you might amplify your problem. You could end up with servere wheel hop and broken axles. I would do suspension mods and tires at the same time. Get some stickier tires like NT05R or NT555R... The R compound will be a night and day difference. Gotta pay to play! The supercharger you put on wasn't cheap... neither are the necessary mods to tame the beast correctly for purposes of safety and fun!
ARH 1-7/8" Headers and complete exhaust - NO cats!
Varraram CAI - Vmax throttle body, ATI 10% underdrive pulley
RPS Street Twin - MGW Shifter
3.91 gears + DSS 1000hp axles
PFADT - Stage 4 Camaro Road Racing Kit - 8" springs 325# and 600# - ZL Spec Sway bars - Strut Tower Brace - Camber plates.
CTSV front calipers - Hawk DTC 30 pads
Street: Forgestar F14 20x9 and 20x11, 275/315 Nitto Invo's, Track: TOYO R888 285/35/20 on 4 corners

Last edited by JMAC2011; 04-03-2012 at 09:16 PM.
JMAC2011 is offline   Reply With Quote