Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-14-2009, 03:05 PM   #1
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Lets hear from V6 owners good? Bad?

Thought I'd start a thread on actual experience now that you have your 3.6.

Is it all you expected and then some confirming Ward's ten best list?

Use any oil? Leaks? noises? Did you have to bring it back? Etc Etc.?
Old 06-14-2009, 03:36 PM   #2
kutch720

Drives: Camaro 1LT RS
I have had mine for a few weeks now and love it. I would say that the engine seems to make alot of noise. I believe that is due to the direct injection. I have to take it in tomorrow to have a paint issue addressed. Other than that I am very pleased with my purchase. Power is more than enough for me. I can light em up when I want and just enjoy the performance. The looks well I don't need to say anything about that. I almost feel like a rock star with this car, soooooo many times people coming up and wanting to see the car. I give it a 9 out of a 10, Just because the paint issue.
kutch720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:44 PM   #3
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Over 1k miles now and couldn't be happier. Thought I may regret not getting the V8 but the 6 holds it's own at a more economical price. No issues.
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 04:22 PM   #4
Sharpe62

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Black/Black
The 2LT is by far the best choice out of all of them for so many reasons, I don't have any flaws with mine
Sharpe62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 04:29 PM   #5
DCJ

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutch720 View Post
I have had mine for a few weeks now and love it. I would say that the engine seems to make alot of noise. I believe that is due to the direct injection. I have to take it in tomorrow to have a paint issue addressed. Other than that I am very pleased with my purchase. Power is more than enough for me. I can light em up when I want and just enjoy the performance. The looks well I don't need to say anything about that. I almost feel like a rock star with this car, soooooo many times people coming up and wanting to see the car. I give it a 9 out of a 10, Just because the paint issue.
Man I hate to hear about your paint issue. Do you mind if I ask what the issue is? What part of the body.... the Bumper? Is it a clear coat issue?

Thanks,

Don
Old 06-14-2009, 07:35 PM   #6
kutch720

Drives: Camaro 1LT RS
I noticed the paint was peeling in the seam connecting to the quarter panel. I am heading to the dealership tomorrow and hopefully meeting with a GM rep. I heard on here that Chevy had a problem with the Malibu. That the fitting of the bumper was off just enough to mess with the paint. I am guessing they are going to pull my bumper off and repaint it all. Kinda worried about that. Here is a pic. Kinda hard to see but look at the crease. Not the actual paint. You will see where it has peeled away.
kutch720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:50 PM   #7
Bull

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS/IBM/Beige
Love my 2LT. Picked her up in MI and drove 1000 miles to OK...ran great, hundreds of gawkers, flawless performance. Getting 25 MPG right now but expecting it to go up once the engine is broke in. Power is there when I want it, crusing on the highway is easy. I've never driven a 6 speed manual and that has taken getting used to. Kept slipping in to 4th instead of 6th. The only issue I have is a little orange peel, but nothing major...also learned I need a heck of a lot more practice detailing a car. Love the contrast of the beige interior with the black. Got the 2LT 'cause of the bells and whistles...love the infotainment center and glad I didn't get the sunroof (just my preference). Going to take it in to the dealer to have the oil checked/changed after the long trip but as of right now, no issues what so ever.
Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:02 PM   #8
dadream

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS IOM
I've had my 2LT IOM with the RS package for almost two weeks and I love it. There's nothing I would change about it, it looks great inside and out. Still can't believe I actually have it !!! I've had no issues with it at all.
dadream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:10 PM   #9
JaminJimbo

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT RS
My wife loves hers. 500 miles and no problems. Seems like there is lots of brake dust (especially on the rear).
Old 06-14-2009, 09:18 PM   #10
Rockytophummer

Drives: 2006 Hummer H2 2010 2SS Camaro
so how goods the gas mileage in the v6? I test drove the v6 and they seemed to have alot of power especially for v6! The one i test drove I fell in love. Went back to dealership and got lucky someone had ordered a 2SS Inferno orange and turned it down. So I got lucky and havent had to wait forever. Suposed to pick it up tomorrow. They were fixing a seatbelt /airbag sensor. there flying in rep to fix it. But if I hadnt got the 2SS i would have been happy with the v6 i drove.
Rockytophummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:25 PM   #11
Bull

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS/IBM/Beige
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockytophummer View Post
so how goods the gas mileage in the v6? I test drove the v6 and they seemed to have alot of power especially for v6! The one i test drove I fell in love. Went back to dealership and got lucky someone had ordered a 2SS Inferno orange and turned it down. So I got lucky and havent had to wait forever. Suposed to pick it up tomorrow. They were fixing a seatbelt /airbag sensor. there flying in rep to fix it. But if I hadnt got the 2SS i would have been happy with the v6 i drove.
Picked up my car in MI with 11 miles on her. Drove 1080 miles to OK and used a little over 40 gallons...equates to 27 MPG. Drove mainly highway but did go off the beaten path when I found some towns to show her off. Figure once the engine is broken in the MPG will improve, mind you with regular fuel and not Premium.
Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:26 PM   #12
SJPDLT

Drives: 2010 LTRS / 2007 FLHX
Just picked mine up last Friday............couldn't be more stoked, the V6 has enough power for me, and I'm diggin the manual 6 speed. So far I could not be more happy with mine. 1LTRS
SJPDLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:35 PM   #13
Suskam

Drives: '11 Camaro/ '02 Grand Prix
I love everything about this car. I can't find any faults. The V6 has plenty of power for me, and I don't have any V8 envy.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:07 PM   #14
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS

Drives: 10 VR 2LT/RS Camaro, 06 Harley
This car is awesome! Plenty of power, and the smoothness of the ride surprises everyone. My MPG has not been very good - maybe 16mpg - but that's because my husband won't stay out of it the times I've let him drive. Oh yeah, and my brother got a good burnout out of it today too. Haven't had much chance to really test it out on the highway, but what little I have, it uses so little power in 6th gear I'm confident it will get the 29mpg it's supposed to or better. I'm really enjoying the manual shift too, a lot of fun. The only issue I've had is with the stereo wanting to index my flash drive about every other time I start the car, but that is well documented here for both 2LT and 2SS, and not worth taking back to the dealer.

Everyone who's ridden in my Camaro has been very impressed with the quality of the interior, how quiet it is inside, and the cool electronics (stereo, ABL, etc.). I have zero complaints!