Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-14-2011, 02:22 PM   #309
jcamere94z28

Drives: None
I would wait on official press release from GM before we start to party... but that's just me.
jcamere94z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:28 PM   #310
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by micj82 View Post
i was pumped more than anbody for this car i wanted this car so bad it was unreal. thinking we had a new gm that was going to change and get the products that the people wanted out in a normal time frame. but there up to there old tricks there always last to the party freakin dodge for crying out loud!!! lol gets stuff out faster. and i'm sick of it that's all. not trying to give anybody a hard time. and what does not help is i'm not happy with my ss at all trans, paint, and fit and finish on my car have been a problem from day one. sorry it is what it is.
I understand your frustration, but I will ask you to try and understand the company on the macro level. I am still upset at the 1 Jan 2012 build date let alone the naming conflict. I was hoping for a Spring 2011 release, but it looks like that is out of the question. I was hoping that a fall 2011 release was final... At this rate, with a 1 Jan 2012 build date (not a public confirmation) the Z28/HPE may not even see daylight until summer 2012. I am a Ford fanatic, If the 2013 GT500/SVT Cobra has no competition, it will stay as it is and will not be pushed to excel without a rival.

Does GM refuses to stand toe to toe with the GT500/SVT Cobra? I don't know... If that isn't the case, I want to know why the top dog is being delayed... Don't be Floyd Mayweather, and don't tell me its because they want to make it "really good". Anyone who thinks GM engineers can't squeeze the lemon from a GM product in a short time is sadly mistaken.

There are strategic advantages to a 1 Jan '12 release and as I said before (and was chastised somewhat from some members) that GM is benchmarking the Z28/HPE off of the wrong GT500.
At this point, Ford could take a dump in a box, put wheels on it and mark it "Shelby" and it would sell out... for the 8th year straight... While GM restrains their "killer", Ford is killing it..

If it isn't the Z28, then you all were misinformed, mislead or believed something that was clearly stated to not be true from Scott himself. He never said it was a Z28, nobody did... does it really matter, what really matters is that it will not see production until 1 Jan 2012... and knowing Ford, do you really want GM to release the Z28/HPE blind and benchmarked from a 2010 GT500? I surely don't, but regardless of how I feel things should play out... I will try to decipher things on the macro level...
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:31 PM   #311
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
i was pumped more than anbody for this car i wanted this car so bad it was unreal. thinking we had a new gm that was going to change and get the products that the people wanted out in a normal time frame. but there up to there old tricks there always last to the party freakin dodge for crying out loud!!! lol gets stuff out faster. and i'm sick of it that's all. not trying to give anybody a hard time. and what does not help is i'm not happy with my ss at all trans, paint, and fit and finish on my car have been a problem from day one. sorry it is what it is. gotta real bad taste in my mouth from gm.
I don't see any "old tricks" from GM. What's wrong with them making the best car they can for us? If you want something rushed, unoriginal, looks the same as every other car out there, then this isn't the place. I'd rather it take longer to get right then get a pile. It's a shame that you've experienced what you have, but there are options. Don't take it out on us here though. This is NOT the place for it.

Quote:
why keep erasing my posts ? don't want to here the truth camaro5 ??? not cool
Because you continue to fail to communicate in a manor that doesn't involve name-calling or being rude.

Quote:
yep i will say it again dude gm said they were taking thier time with the camaros back in 2009 and wanted to get them just right. and what a mess that launch was lol so many cars with problems. what makes u think thats going to change with the z/28 everybody just keep on eating up all the hype and lies gm has not changed.
You've said it a hundred times. We get it. You don't like how long GM is taking. Now take your negativity and post somewhere else. Reading your posts not only wastes my time, it's going off topic. Conform or don't post.

That is all.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:42 PM   #312
IROCZJEFF

Drives: 69Z 70Z 85IROC-Z 911LE 97 SS
Sounds great but I got tired of waiting and bought a Z06. Congrats to all who are waiting to buy this beast! It should be the best Z28 ever built HP and TQ wise. I will have to wait for a used one to pop up.
IROCZJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:42 PM   #313
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
To buy the Z, or apply the difference to modifying an SS? That is the question. Hmmmm
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:49 PM   #314
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
"koolaide", "blinders", etc...

No one here knows with 100% accuracy the reasons for GM timing, if or if not there will be a new Camaro model, etc..

While everyone is excited, and we discuss the possibilities, speculate about GM's reasons for what they do, etc., take a breath before you hit that SUBMIT button and try and respect another persons thoughts before accusing them of "wearing blinders", "drinking the koolaide", "not wanting to see the truth" - their thoughts and opinions may be different than yours, but that doesn't make their thoughts, opinions, etc., any less important, right or wrong, etc., than yours.

Its simple - RESPECT.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:50 PM   #315
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
mic

take time to read over our form rules.
It's not about what you are saying it's about the way you are saying. Learn to post respectfully please.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:51 PM   #316
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
kinda excited. powerplant and suspension look good. hopefully it is a z28.
1 thing i will say tho, this "slight refresh" interior will be outdated come 2012. they must make the car looks as nice on the inside as it is on the outside.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:55 PM   #317
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmoked View Post
kinda excited. powerplant and suspension look good. hopefully it is a z28.
1 thing i will say tho, this "slight refresh" interior will be outdated come 2012. they must make the car looks as nice on the inside as it is on the outside.
I still think the interior looks GREAT! I really don't understand the comments, from the media specifically, regarding the interior. I like the steering wheel isn't shared; I like how the cluster doesn't look like every other cluster out there; I like the profile of the windows; I'm used to seeing my quarter panels consume much of the usable mirror reflection. It seems like it's only going to have highlights, though, which sound interesting. I just hope they can finish what they started with the ABL. I'd be nice to see some dual-zone A/C, though, because I run warmer than the wifey, lol.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 01-14-2011, 02:57 PM   #318
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
As was asked earlier, the dealers were at a huge meeting in Vegas over the last few days and just got first hand (minimal) info. That has not necessarily been communicated to their brethren back at the stores as of yet.

I'm sure more dealers will be posting more info as the next few days unfold.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:58 PM   #319
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post
As was asked earlier, the dealers were at a huge meeting in Vegas over the last few days and just got first hand (minimal) info. That has not necessarily been communicated to their brethren back at the stores as of yet.

I'm sure more dealers will be posting more info as the next few days unfold.
OOOoooohhhh... That makes sense. That makes my appreciate of Becky sharing the information even greater! Were you at the meeting?

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 01-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #320
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Actually, the steering wheel is the only thing I DON'T like about the Camaro. I found it very uncomfortable after long road trips (like driving 500 miles a day for 6 days, I was pretty sore in the paws)

Well and maybe some colored seat stitching or something, but otherwise, I think it's pretty snazzy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:02 PM   #321
micj82

Drives: 2011 white camaro ss
sorry everyone i am trying to be nice but this news really messes my plans up. all i did was voice that i was upset with a few things and some people got offended on here and started firing off on me but i geuss thats ok right ?
micj82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:03 PM   #322
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
sorry everyone i am trying to be nice but this news really messes my plans up. all i did was voice that i was upset with a few things and some people got offended on here and started firing off on me but i geuss thats ok right ?
It's all in the delivery. Let's everyone start over

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"

Tags
2012 camaro hp edition, 2012 camaro hp model, 2012 camaro z28, 2012 chevy camaro z28, 2012 z28, 2013 camaro hp edition, 2013 camaro hp model, 2013 z28, camaro hp edition, camaro hp edition model, camaro hp model, camaro z28, camaro z28 hp, camaro z28 hp edition, chevy camaro hp edition, cobra killer, hp edition model, new camaro z28, new z28, sexy beast coming soon, z28 forum, z28 forums