Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 06-24-2014, 08:08 PM   #1
trodecke

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS CRT
My family in a Z/28

Actually, we're with a couple of Z/28s. While driving home I heard on the radio that one of the local Chevrolet dealers (David Stanley) had not one but two 2014 Z/28s available. I picked up my youngest son and made a beeline to the dealership. We couldn't get in the red one as it was already sold. This may be the salesman talking but he said the selling price was north of $90k, not because it was loaded with extras but because the demand is that high. In full disclosure here I did let him know that there was no way I'd be able to buy one so he had no reason to upsell me. Anyways, I'm a happy guy right now. About the only thing that would make me happier would be if I could afford one.

BTW - After checking out the Z/28 one of the Corvette salesmen came over and tried to convince me the 2014 Z51 was a better buy for me. He said the suspension in the Z/28 was too tight and wasn't comfortable to drive on the street. I thanked him for his time, said the 'Vette was a nice car, but that I had always been particular to the Camaro.
Attached Images

trodecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:36 PM   #2
oklapike

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary SS Coupe
Which David Stanley, the one in OKC proper, or the one down in Norman? From your photos it looks like the one in OKC. David Stanley asking $90k+ for a Z/28 surprises me not in least. I'll never understand why Marc Heitz sold his dealership to those guys when he retired.
oklapike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:52 PM   #3
trodecke

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS CRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by oklapike View Post
the one in OKC proper

This one. Also that makes something else a little clearer. I got my letter regarding the Owner Care for my Camaro but the card mentioned Mark Heitz.

trodecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:55 AM   #4
thkfast

Drives: '14 Red 2SS/RS/LS3
Hudiburg Chevrolet in Midwest City had a pre-sold white Z/28 closed off in a glass room earlier this month. A couple of friends and I were let in to check it out and within 5 minutes some manager guy told the salesman to get us outta there. Oh my.

thkfast is offline   Reply With Quote