Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-04-2016, 10:40 AM   #15
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Ah cool, thx for the tip.

Thx for the times Ted. Looking forward to having you tune the car soon.

I do have one question though. Do I need to have a crank case breather installed? If so, being that I already have the Elite set up, what are your recommendations?

Thx
Yes you should install my crank case breather kit.

I would like to see a picture of your Elite set up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMichael View Post
Definitely would like to see a write up on the BAP install! I'm just waiting on puling the trigger on the headers for the JRE 125, all of the other parts are in the box waiting to go.
I have wire diagram and the JMS comes with great instructions.

It is 3 wire hook up and plug in at the gas pedal.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 03:34 PM   #16
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMichael View Post
Definitely would like to see a write up on the BAP install! I'm just waiting on puling the trigger on the headers for the JRE 125, all of the other parts are in the box waiting to go.

LOL...you sound like me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Yes you should install my crank case breather kit.

I would like to see a picture of your Elite set up.

I have wire diagram and the JMS comes with great instructions.

It is 3 wire hook up and plug in at the gas pedal.

Ted.
My CC is in a unusual location.....
Attached Images

Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 03:47 PM   #17
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
Quote:
Just wondering how many have performed this self install with the JRE 125 rwhp kit and how long it took?

I'm trying to judge if I have enough time to do this before my next track event.

Thx
JRE is great, not sure if you've spoke with Ted from JRE but he is very helpful and will answer any questions as well.

Are you going with the remote tune? Please let us know how the install goes and how the extra power feels .

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 06:19 PM   #18
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlezone580 View Post
JRE is great, not sure if you've spoke with Ted from JRE but he is very helpful and will answer any questions as well.

Are you going with the remote tune? Please let us know how the install goes and how the extra power feels .
Thanks...will do.

Yes, I'll be doing the remote tune. I've spoken to Ted over the phone and have asked others about JRE and I fully trust him with my ZL1.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:43 PM   #19
Debo3883

Drives: 2014 Black ZL1 "Elvira"
I've been dragging my feet on ordering this kit and tackling the install too. I wonder if JRE will be doing installs at Camarofest this year...
Debo3883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 07:23 PM   #20
Candr3535

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Triple Black Vert M6 #5591
Hey Kaboom, Ted and crew are great guys. I've driven there 4 times in a year. Had them do all the work on my car. I totally trust Ted. Anytime I call always answers my call or returns my call quicklLy. I've called him numerous times, never a problem. btw I live 3 1/2 hours away with no traffic and 5 hours with traffic. Good luck
Dyna-Tech Headers Ceramic Coated w/Super Flo Cats, JRE Custom Rough Idle Racing Cam Package and 125 RWHP Pulley Kit w/ 28% pulley, Custom Tune by Ted, ID850 injectors, JMS Fuel Booster, NGK Plugs, MSD Plug Wires, Roto-Fab CAI, Roto-Fab Big Gulp, Elite Catch Can, Mild to Wild, 90mm VMaxx Ported Throttle Body, Skip Shift Elim., D3 Coolant Resevoir, Separated Clutch Resevoir, and Fuzzy Red Dice..
Candr3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 11:53 AM   #21
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candr3535 View Post
Hey Kaboom, Ted and crew are great guys. I've driven there 4 times in a year. Had them do all the work on my car. I totally trust Ted. Anytime I call always answers my call or returns my call quicklLy. I've called him numerous times, never a problem. btw I live 3 1/2 hours away with no traffic and 5 hours with traffic. Good luck
Awesome. Thanks for the info.

How much did the fuzy red dice cost? Lol
Old 04-11-2016, 07:10 AM   #22
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Ah cool, thx for the tip.

Thx for the times Ted. Looking forward to having you tune the car soon.

I do have one question though. Do I need to have a crank case breather installed? If so, being that I already have the Elite set up, what are your recommendations?

Thx
Our crankcase breather simply replaces the oil cap, and features a one way check valve so no un metered air enters the engine but crankcase pressure can escape.

A simple trim of the engine cover to clear the breather is required.
Attached Images

Old 04-11-2016, 07:12 AM   #23
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debo3883 View Post
I've been dragging my feet on ordering this kit and tackling the install too. I wonder if JRE will be doing installs at Camarofest this year...
Please feel free to call with any questions.

Thank you for your business.

Ted.
Old 04-12-2016, 04:47 PM   #24
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Ok,

Got one of these ordered up.

http://www.jreperformanceparts.com/2...-breather.html
Old 04-12-2016, 08:48 PM   #25
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Been using for about a year..
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 03:22 PM   #26
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMEnow View Post
Been using for about a year..
Nice, Thank you for your business.

Ted.
Old 05-02-2016, 05:12 PM   #27
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Well I finally started this install today.....

Here what I have done so far:

18% Crank Pulley DONE
ATI Balancer (already installed)
Metco 50mm Idler Pulley DONE
Roto-Fab Carbon Fiber Dipped Air Intake System (already installed)
ID-850 Injectors
Stainless Power Headers w/ Ceramic coating)
SCT 3400 (Stock tune sent to Ted @ JRE)
TR7IX Spark Plugs
JMS Fuel Pump Voltage Booster (This is the one I'm worried about most..)
Moroso ZL1 Catch Can (I have an elite already installed)
Bo White TB 87mm with stage 2 half shaft mod. DONE
Metco crank case breather
Lingenfelter 174 Degree Thermostat

So I'm left with the injectors, Headers & cats and fuel pump booster as the main things. The breather and thermostat should be easy items at the end.

Been looking at the service manual...thank god I bought these...to see how the fuel injectors are replaced. Looks like a lot of pluming has to be removed to get the injector rail out....fun fun...

The headers seem straight forward....service manual says to remove steering knuckle? Can't these headers just be removed from the bottom of the engine bay?
Old 05-03-2016, 03:50 PM   #28
NVERL8TE

Drives: 1967 Camaro BBC, 2014 Camaro ZL1
I just did 1 7/8 headers and didn't remove anything other than the oil dipstick. Installed from the bottom with lots of room to spare.
Don't worry about the injectors, pretty easy to do. I unhooked the coils and moved all the wiring out of the way so there was lots of room.
NVERL8TE is offline   Reply With Quote