Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-11-2014, 01:39 PM   #29
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Old 06-11-2014, 02:15 PM   #30
trcsr

Drives: 2018 2LT/RS Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddoggyusa View Post

Good one!!
trcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:38 PM   #31
trcsr

Drives: 2018 2LT/RS Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowyCamaro View Post
I like this one.

I've always thought of adding metal contacts to the backside of the door handles that would be electrified once you lock the car (like at the same level as a taser). Everyone checks to see if its open first, then BAM! on the floor twitching.

Except for when your friend / wife / child tries to open the locked door
A friend of mine back in the 70's sis a similar thing with a spark plug connected to the metal frame under the drivers seat with a switch to turn the distributor output to a separate coil. This worked fine until one time his wife forgot to turn it off before she tried to start the car. The system was removed shortly thereafter.
trcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:07 PM   #32
LunarEclipse

Drives: 2013SS IOM LS3
lol you guiz!

anyways went and spoke to a car alarm place, prolly gonna get a Viper (hah i have both now!) alarm and he suggested a tilt sensor and a glass sensor instead of the proximity sensor.

He says he gets a lot of people not happy with the prox. sensor cause it goes off when people are trying to get into their cars that are parked next to the car.

hmmm I also really do want a vocal alarm add-on but thats like $250 more apparently.

Glass + tilt sensor 2-way it is! question is, half mile or mile range? hmmm
Old 06-11-2014, 08:29 PM   #33
BlueStreakHouTX

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS RS IOM
Voice of experience here: If your alarm goes off, and you have half mile range, you cant get to the car before the criminals strip it. Yeah I live in NW Houston.... used to be a good area. Not so much anymore. My car is never parked where I cant see it direct line of sight. And I dont drive it to work.
BlueStreakHouTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:21 PM   #34
dial666

Drives: 2012 camaro ss 6 speed
google g1w dashcam for 60 bucks you can just catch the person and get your satisfaction ,maybe the damage on your car payed for and i personally would make him dig in his pocket for the 60 bucks for the dashcam too. thats b4 i kick his ass
dial666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:02 PM   #35
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS LS3 VR
Send a message via AIM to AdamEL
Man, that truly sucks. I bought a cheap car to daily drive so I could stop taking my SS to work. Best money I've ever spent... Well, other than the money I spent on the SS, of course.
AdamEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:02 AM   #36
LunarEclipse

Drives: 2013SS IOM LS3
welp, just got an update from a good dent removal place. A-pillar work like mine has to be done at a body shop, and they'll also replace trim. Gonna go in for a quote and see what the damage is. Depending on that I'll go through insurance or not.

gonna look into that dashcam and also prolly gonna fork for a Viper alarm+tilt+glass sensor... and a small "vehicle is protected by..." sticker on the window hah
Old 06-12-2014, 03:33 PM   #37
Batmanntexas

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS (2SS)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunarEclipse View Post
welp, just got an update from a good dent removal place. A-pillar work like mine has to be done at a body shop, and they'll also replace trim. Gonna go in for a quote and see what the damage is. Depending on that I'll go through insurance or not.

gonna look into that dashcam and also prolly gonna fork for a Viper alarm+tilt+glass sensor... and a small "vehicle is protected by..." sticker on the window hah
In reference to the above, I am assuming the alarm comes with a "shock" sensor as well? The tilt sensor functions if the car is raised up, as if being towed or with a jack; glass break sensor's, if truly a glass break sensor, will only function if glass is broken (it works off audible frequencies). The "shock" sensor is the one sensor that can be tuned to make it sensitive enough so that if somebody were to thump the glass with their finger, it would trigger the alarm.
Some of the new alarms utilize SST, spread spectrum technology, and have achieved over a mile in signal transmissible range.

Personally, I'd like to come sleep in the back seat and catch the low life red-handed, administer some Judge Glock justice on the spot.....

COTW 9/8/14
Batmanntexas is offline   Reply With Quote