Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 09-22-2013, 07:04 PM   #1
MrTeacher

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Need help installing rear Showstopper side markers

Hello all, I know that installing LED side markers has been a popular mod, which I decided to also do to my car. I ordered Showstopper side markers for my 2010 2LT/RS, anxious to have them on my car along with the other work I got done on her this summer (huge thanks to Mike at Haddad Motorsports). Well, after they arrived, it was easy enough to follow the given directions to pop out the front lights and pop in the new LED ones. The back ones though, are a different story. The directions say to get my arm/hand up inside the rear bumper and pinch the tabs with my fingers to pop them out, but I can't get my arm up past my elbow, and I still have 5-6 inches to go. I'm not a big guy, don't have large arms, but there's no way I could get my hand to the tabs. I'm so frustrated!

What have those of who have LED side marker lights done to get the rear lights popped out? Is there a way to loosen the bumper to give me more room? I'm also a bit limited in that I'm trying to do this while laying on my back on the floor of the garage at my apartment complex... should that matter? Please help! Thanks.
MrTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:28 PM   #2
boltfan1
Boltfan

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS M6
Follow this link to youtube, it should help you out.

Old 09-22-2013, 07:58 PM   #3
MrTeacher

got it... I had actually unscrewed that bolt, but was afraid to pull too hard on the bumper, since I wasn't sure what might happen/go wrong. So I was headed in the right direction, just need to not be afraid to put a bit more effort into pulling the bumper out... thanks!
Old 09-22-2013, 08:33 PM   #4
MrTeacher

Done! Thanks again - I knew it was something simple I was missing... 'course now that it's done and I want to take pictures of them installed, my phone dies... look for my car journal to be created and posted soon.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:18 PM   #5
JB12ZL1

Drives: victory red Camaro ZL1
Just tried to install my showstoppers and they didn't light up...I contacted Pete right after waiting to see the fix. They looked awesome installed though.
JB12ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 07:20 AM   #6
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
I've been fortunate enough to be able to lay on back and reach up to the back side of the rear side marker and release it and gently push it outward.
Old 04-19-2015, 08:42 AM   #7
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
I've been fortunate enough to be able to lay on back and reach up to the back side of the rear side marker and release it and gently push it outward.

Did you have to remove any panels to do so?
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:28 AM   #8
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thCamaro View Post
Did you have to remove any panels to do so?
NO! I laid down on my back just behind each rear wheel, reached up until I felt the back or rear edge of the marker and when I had my fingers on the tab, I pushed outward gently and it released. This is my 2nd Camaro and I changed out side markers on each one at least twice by the same method. Fronts are easy as well. Just turn the wheel to have full access to the fender wheel edge and there is a little gap where you can stick your trim tool into and release the tab there. Both are easy to do and with each corner, just a couple of seconds. My biggest thing is getting down on the floor since I'm 58yrs old and have had 3 knee surgeries. since 2011.

Tags
diy, haddad motorsports, showstoppers, side markers