Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 02-26-2014, 12:22 AM   #1
LS3pwrdBuffalo

Drives: 2013 Victory Red ZL1 6spd
ON 3 Performance opinions?

Hey guys been trying to decide what direction to go with the SS. In one way i'd like to stay all motor for basic bragging rights but at the same time i'd almost rather go FI considering how much a cam kit and quality bolt on parts cost. I saw ON 3 Performance has a kit for our cars (same company thats got numerous kits for mustangs ) . I didn't find any results for them in the search but they've been known to be quality kits that produce good results with reliability. I'm almost tempted to go this route. Any opinions, experience, stories about their kits? Thanks guys.

And no i'm not some noob thats just all the sudden decided to turbo a car thinking its no big deal. lol Bonified 15 year veteran of the track and building cars.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:54 AM   #2
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Where did you see quality kits from ON? I've seen nothing but nightmares and cheap chinese junk. Parts don't fit, parts don't last. I would keep searching on them.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:09 AM   #3
FederalPerformance

Drives: 2010 camaro SS supercharged
Weve installed the ON 3 kit on a few mustangs and id say medium quality at best. Are you looking to get the most power out of your stock ls3? if so consider the procharger D1 kit.
FederalPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:26 AM   #4
HypnotiqSS

Drives: 2010 camaro 1ss
I was actually at On 3 today and talking with them they are pretty knowledgable and from seeing Chads work(the owner) I think he has a great product and he does all the mock up work himself and it is top notch!
Old 02-26-2014, 09:55 PM   #5
LS3pwrdBuffalo

Drives: 2013 Victory Red ZL1 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
Where did you see quality kits from ON? I've seen nothing but nightmares and cheap chinese junk. Parts don't fit, parts don't last. I would keep searching on them.
i guess i should have been a lil more clear. lol Better then ebay quality but obviously not brand quality. Finding numerous results of the kits standing the test of time though. I just have a hard time committing to an off brand part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FederalPerformance View Post
Weve installed the ON 3 kit on a few mustangs and id say medium quality at best. Are you looking to get the most power out of your stock ls3? if so consider the procharger D1 kit.
Yeah thats what i assumed was them being kind of so so. I'll take a look at the D1, thanks sir.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:20 AM   #6
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

Drives: TT/SS
And if you are willing to spend D1 money and your heart set on turbos there's IPS, AGP, Hellion..... All of them have TT kits for the price of a D1 or less or more depending on what you want.

Last edited by CyberPredator; 02-28-2014 at 11:36 AM.
CyberPredator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:57 AM   #7
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Exactly, if you are willing to spend the $6k+ on a nice d1 setup just look at one of the many quality TT kits offered.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:14 AM   #8
Irnwkrkev

Drives: 2011 SS/RS LS3
I jumped at the chance to purchase a turbo kit on the cheap a few years ago but realized there's nothing cheap about it so it's still not installed.

Once the the turbo, fuel system ($,$$$) and tuning ($$$) are done you get to start the real expensive part if you want to take it to the track: ......Axles, Diff, Driveshaft, Clutch, Suspension Components and Bushings, Wheel & Tires, Shortblock

I've started on the latter items and have been able to outrun quite a few F.I. cars that can't put the power to the ground at the track.
Irnwkrkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:15 PM   #9
JLE58

Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
This same question gets asked every couple of months. So I'm sure you can find more info on here. To sum it up "if it was worth it more people would have it" it's nothing new if it's that cheap it's because it's exactly that cheap...
JLE58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:47 PM   #10
shiznight

Drives: 2010 camaro ss l99
my tuner bought a 76mm turbo from on3, looked it over and is satisfied with the quality of build. i'll be picking up a kit myself within the next three months (owe taxes) and will do the install, i just have questions about fitment on the driver's side manifold and if i need to cut anywhere to fit. but as far as the system as a whole, the s197 forums where i came from seem to love these guy's work. and i'm willing to risk a stockish l99 on it for the price

TSP vvt-1 cam, Headers-catless xpipe, Knn intake 417/422
Nitrous 100 wet shot 520/585
Racestar super 94 17x4.5/17x9.5
highest trap to date 120.6mph
12.0@spinfest. rage
shiznight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:51 PM   #11
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
I did the new SLP TVS2300 Supercharger, no other mods (except Catback) and put down 502rwhp!

For just a supercharger thats some pretty good numbers and your in the same price range as a full cam install with headers and all, with more HP.