Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-26-2009, 08:20 AM   #1
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Went to dealer to drive the Camaro!

Dealer called me 2 weeks ago to let me know that the pushed LT/RS Camaro was coming to their dealership, then called again when it came in on Friday. So I scheduled a test drive. I was excited the whole day needless to say! So I get up to the dealers for my appointed test drive, get with my salesman. The car is out being driven by a prospective customer, that's cool. So when they get back with the Camaro, my salesman grabs the keys, we start walking out the door, and some guy comes running up, pulls my salesman to the side. My salesman comes over after a short talk with the other salesman and says "good news and bad news!" I am like what? He says I can look at the car, but the people that just test drove it are paying for the car as we speak and they don't want anyone to drive it. My face turned . I was told several times this camaro was for the unveil by my salesman, now he changes his whole tune. I know GM can only suggest what to do with this pushed car, but this was just wrong what my dealer just did. First they told me this car was not being sold until after the unveil, they scheduled an appt. for me to drive it, and I get there and this happens. This would not be the first time they have pissed me off, and I am sure it won't be the last. I am trying my harderst not to just blow off this deal, and lose my MSRP price with a reasonable time line to recvieve the car just the way I want it. I know I was late to this forum and to the pre-order process, but even that can be blamed on my dealer because of their lack of knowledge. Bought a new Cobalt in Sep 08, thinking that the Camaro had no plans on being built or sold anytime soon because that is what the salesperson told me, then 3 weeks later pre-orders start. I have had to fight with these guys over my pre-order and submitting it, it is like pulling teeth to get any information about anything, and my knowledge of this car is way greater than them. And if I would have known the things I know now there is no way I would ever have bought this car from them, I would have bought the car from across the country if had to. I feel trapped and I know that I got myself in this situation because of hurrying up to get a deal before they were all taken. My TPW is 5/18, and I am digging in now hoping when it gets here I don't get screwed again. I don't blame GM for any of this, still love the Camaro, but see how some dealers out there are giving the industry a bad rep. This dealer is so short sighted that selling the display car doesn't matter. It does matter and the suggestion GM made was a good plan IMO, too bad they cannot enforce it.
This is a rant I know with no real purpose other than getting it off my chest. I do have one question though. Is it possible to keep my deal and ask for a new saleperson? I have issue with the dealership at this point but my salesperson has been less than bad. I don't want to even ask the dealership if it would end up hurting my dealer, but I could switch and not be a problem for me, maybe I can find someone there is interested in taking care of there customers.
Wish GM could manufacture some dealers, and then they would all be like CamaroScotty. That would help GM yesterday.
Today is my B-day, and this weekend was starting out great, then I went to the dealer and it screwed that up! Pisses me off to no end, kept me up last night, this is not suppose to be the experience of buying such a great car. It is suppose one of those moments that you will remember and smile about it. Life is grand!

Oh well!

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:25 AM   #2
Speed 1

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro 365 days a year
Hang in!!!
Old 04-26-2009, 09:23 AM   #3
Melson

Drives: Wild Cherry
Hang In there.....and Happy Birthday!
Melson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:31 AM   #4
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Streak View Post
Bought a new Cobalt in Sep 08, thinking that the Camaro had no plans on being built or sold anytime soon because that is what the salesperson told me, then 3 weeks later pre-orders start.
You obviously know by now the salesman was lying and just wanted to sell you the Cobalt. It pays to stay informed and this site can keep you up to speed with just about anything to do with the 2010 Camaro.
Good luck with your Camaro search!!! Oh, and happy birthday!!!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:20 AM   #5
Silver Streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
You obviously know by now the salesman was lying and just wanted to sell you the Cobalt. It pays to stay informed and this site can keep you up to speed with just about anything to do with the 2010 Camaro.
Good luck with your Camaro search!!! Oh, and happy birthday!!!
Yeah I kinda figured that out! This site is great, no doubt about that, wish I stumbled onto it sooner than I did, but that wasn't the case. Congrats on your delivery. Is it everything you thought? I bet it is!
Anyways thank you!

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby
Old 04-26-2009, 10:23 AM   #6
Zeus95

Drives: IOM 2010 - 2SS/RS
That sucks dude, but let me tell you it will be worth the wait. The car is amazing !
2010 2SS/RS IOM Upgrades: Fastlane CAI / SLP II Loudmouth axle back / V Max Ported TB / Kook's Step Long Tube Headers / High flow cats / Straightline Tune / BMR front & rear sway bars / Hotchkin End Links / Hurst Short Throw. LG ZR28 Wheels 1 of 2 sets made. Pfadt trailing arms / Diff Bushings & Sub Frame bushings / 1LE Axle & Hubs.
Zeus95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:15 AM   #7
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
First off, happy birthday...second off, you can get a different salesperson if you want, but your original guy will get half of the commission no matter what you do.

Don't let them ruin the experience for you. I know for sure you'll be singing a different tune when your Camaro gets here.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:46 AM   #8
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Well, I have to say, and I mean NOOOO offense by this, but I laughed out loud when I read that the salesman was pulled to the side because I knew what was coming. Like that funny movie where you laugh when something bad happens to the main character because it's a can't win for losing type of deal.

But dude that sucks I feel your pain. Can't too much blame the guy who was buying it though. lol

What your salesman SHOULD have done is made sure you'de be the first to drive it. You and the other pre-orders. Don't change salesman though. It will probably hurt more than it helps. Those guys are buddies sometimes. Just hang in there and when you finally get your car, grab the keys and make clear that you weren't happy with the process.

I think alot of this is a product of GM giving us so much info in the beggining. It created stalkers and weirdos out of ALL of us.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:20 PM   #9
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Happy Birthday Bro! But come on, to get all bent out of shape because you couldn't drive it. Have a cold one and chill. Soon...you'll have your own.

People are getting more and more desperate on these boards. The more others freak out about little things it's making me chill out. I realize how silly some of us are getting about this car. I can't wait til I read a thread about how somebody punched a sales guy or general manager at a dealership....It's just a car guys (a Bad Ass car at that) but it's just a car.
SSOOCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 01:44 PM   #10
Silver Streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
Happy Birthday Bro! But come on, to get all bent out of shape because you couldn't drive it. Have a cold one and chill. Soon...you'll have your own.

People are getting more and more desperate on these boards. The more others freak out about little things it's making me chill out. I realize how silly some of us are getting about this car. I can't wait til I read a thread about how somebody punched a sales guy or general manager at a dealership....It's just a car guys (a Bad Ass car at that) but it's just a car.
I understand your point somewhat, but for me, being lied to is a big deal. All he had to do was tell me the truth from the word get go and keep me informed with the information I ask for. I am buying a car from them so I thought that service is what they are suppose to provide. Also driving this car before the day it shows up for me to purchase is kind of a big deal too. I agree with you about chilling out though, and that is my plan tonight when I get home from work. I will have a few cold ones and it will be better.
Buying a new car is a big deal though, and being treated right should be a given and is not too much or desperate to ask for IMO, even if it is just a car!

Old 04-26-2009, 01:48 PM   #11
Zeroburn

Drives: Black '10 2SS/RS #1002
Send a message via AIM to Zeroburn
I am not going to say much on here because as many of you have read in my another bad experience post people suck.

They lied but in the end they are just trying to make money. If it was your car they let someone drive then buy then i'd probably, well I don't want to incriminate myself but yea, i'd lose it.

I have been lied to big time and I know how much it sucks. Hang in there, our cars should be here soon.

Hell i got to see the car from behind a rope so i'd be happy to at least be close to it like you were.
Zeroburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:05 PM   #12
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Happy Birthday Silver Streak!!

Sorry your salesman sux. They gave me a salesman, but I never have talked to him. I only talk to the sales manager. So, if you don't like your salesman, I would just skip him or ask for new one.

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:25 PM   #13
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Happy birthday, dont worry about it and just hang in there dude. The wait will be well worth it. My TPW has been pushed back again to the same date as yours, only thing is that its a holiday, so it should really say May 19th, anyways one month away, and youll be able to drive your own car, and it will be the first time, making it more special
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote