Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 06-30-2017, 12:31 PM   #1
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
This was funny...,,

**Not a street racing story!!**

So I just got back from a decent cruise around with the top down. It was too hot, I should have done this yesterday. Anyway I'm on a nice backroad, moderately curvy, and I'm doing the posted 45 to maybe 5 over. This blacked out Chrysler 300 comes right up on me and follows me down to where the road merges on a 4 lane and squeezes in right behind me. I change lanes as I'm making a left at the upcoming traffic light (dedicated left turn lane) and he pushes over again right behind me. I move into the turn lane and he gives me the mustang rev fly by. I tried so hard not to laugh but I couldn't stop myself. Unless he was running an aftermarket supercharger he was out of his league. See, they all don't drive Rustangs.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 12:58 PM   #2
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
**Not a street racing story!!**

So I just got back from a decent cruise around with the top down. It was too hot, I should have done this yesterday. Anyway I'm on a nice backroad, moderately curvy, and I'm doing the posted 45 to maybe 5 over. This blacked out Chrysler 300 comes right up on me and follows me down to where the road merges on a 4 lane and squeezes in right behind me. I change lanes as I'm making a left at the upcoming traffic light (dedicated left turn lane) and he pushes over again right behind me. I move into the turn lane and he gives me the mustang rev fly by. I tried so hard not to laugh but I couldn't stop myself. Unless he was running an aftermarket supercharger he was out of his league. See, they all don't drive Rustangs.
Would have been s good time to put those new 391s to the test... A little aggressive throttle engagement doesnt hurt and usually thats all you need to do to make things right.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 03:11 PM   #3
camarosspower

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
If it was the 392 srt he wouldn't need a supercharger to beat you. If it was a v6 well yeah
camarosspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 03:29 PM   #4
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
If it was the V-6 of course. The base V-8 as well. I didn't see SRT-8 badges, but even if it was its only 470hp stock and much heavier. It might have been close. I just found the behavior humorous. I don't tailgate Rustangs and then rev when I pass them. He should have bought a Hellcat with that kind of insecurity.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 09:27 PM   #5
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
3.91's didn't make my car any faster than stock on the street, it just meant I had to start in 2nd gear to get traction if I stomped on it, or feather 1st gear. Anything else was a smoke show with the 315/35R20 snow tires (conti dws)

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote