Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-03-2011, 02:18 PM   #267
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Congratulations NiR. Glad to see that you can now rest easy with your Camaro in your possession. I hope you enjoy it. Great pictures by the way.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:49 PM   #268
vetehead

Drives: 2011 SIM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiR View Post
really got no choice... i have to have front and rear bumpers in nyc. i just did some research and did not really find any other good alternatives . either way its too late anyway.
Where in NYC are you????I know from experience it is tough to park there,

Car looks great... Good luck with it!!!.

Ron
vetehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:20 PM   #269
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Right on my friend, congrats. Your ride looks great, so now you know how the permagrin feels. So you live in the city? I'm in CT, I hope you live in a building that has dedicated parking, I'd hate to have to fight for a spot every time I came home. Also I would be pissed at my dealer for putting their sticker on the car, as well as the plate holder (especially after you told them not to put it on). Here in CT we recently went back to a 2 plate state, but I'd say there are only about 50% of cars that have a front plate, and I've yet to see a car like a camaro (without a molded front plate holder) with a front plate, but I guess NY is different.

You can remove the sticker with a hair dryer, wait for a warm day and gently warm the sticker, and start peeling it off, it's tedious but it'll come off. Any residue will come off with some Goo-Gone or some equally mild remover, just don't use Goof-off.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:53 PM   #270
NiR

Drives: 2011 camaro 1LT with rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetehead View Post
Where in NYC are you????I know from experience it is tough to park there,

Car looks great... Good luck with it!!!.

Ron
yes it is indeed tough to find parking spots here. but i will make sure to wake up early and park it in a spot where its visible from my window! if your a new yorker, you kinda get used to parallel parking. and its no different with this car. just got to get used to it a bit.
NiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:55 PM   #271
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
NiR, I am very happy for you and that you are really enjoying your car. I am just so sorry you got treated the way you did. There are a lot of great people up here and I'm glad some of the bad apples did not run you off. Congrats again. Enjoy the new ride.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:56 PM   #272
NiR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam2011 View Post
Right on my friend, congrats. Your ride looks great, so now you know how the permagrin feels. So you live in the city? I'm in CT, I hope you live in a building that has dedicated parking, I'd hate to have to fight for a spot every time I came home. Also I would be pissed at my dealer for putting their sticker on the car, as well as the plate holder (especially after you told them not to put it on). Here in CT we recently went back to a 2 plate state, but I'd say there are only about 50% of cars that have a front plate, and I've yet to see a car like a camaro (without a molded front plate holder) with a front plate, but I guess NY is different.

You can remove the sticker with a hair dryer, wait for a warm day and gently warm the sticker, and start peeling it off, it's tedious but it'll come off. Any residue will come off with some Goo-Gone or some equally mild remover, just don't use Goof-off.

thanks for that info of how to take the sticker of. i live in williamsburg brooklyn. its easier to get parking here compared to manhattan. but sadly no i dont have a parking garage. so i have to take the risk of leaving it outside. today when i woke up, i saw a small mark from my building on my hood of the car. i went downstairs and thankfully it was nothing.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:59 PM   #273
NiR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
NiR, I am very happy for you and that you are really enjoying your car. I am just so sorry you got treated the way you did. There are a lot of great people up here and I'm glad some of the bad apples did not run you off. Congrats again. Enjoy the new ride.
heh it was not a biggie at all. i understand trolls are annoying. i just didnt understand why this thread would be called a troll. anyway ya this site has some awesome people. A lot of the guys actually helped me during this process. couple of them went to the dealer as well. and i really am thankful for that and would return the favor. and all the "good lucks" and cheerful words were appreciated.

thanks everyone again.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:35 PM   #274
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
honestly....:

OP- I hope this is true..even though sometime s there is a troll presence in a forum...

Best of luck..looks great if its yours,which I believe!..

All the troll accusers can suck ass....

Now if its not , well then congrats to all the troll slayers

what a f'ed up forum
Alfieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:57 PM   #275
AZ2SSRS

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Glad that you finally took delivery of your car. Sorry about the doubters here.
I worked in Brooklyn many years ago. I would be totally stressed about parking my Camaro on the street there.....especially parallel parking and not hitting the curb. Good luck!
AZ2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:01 PM   #276
NiR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ2SSRS View Post
Glad that you finally took delivery of your car. Sorry about the doubters here.
I worked in Brooklyn many years ago. I would be totally stressed about parking my Camaro on the street there.....especially parallel parking and not hitting the curb. Good luck!
i am very stressed. but nothing i can do. just gotta hope nothing happens. this is a bar filled area as well. tons of bars within a block. i just hope no drunk ediot or anyone for that matter does anything stupid.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:18 PM   #277
LittleMT
user bann'd

Drives: Chevy SS
nice car.....

Chantilly Lace, the 2011 Rockabilly Jukebox..ADM built..617rwhp, geared A6.
LittleMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:29 PM   #278
Sawyer

Drives: '13 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berean View Post
This thread is 0% excellent.
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:12 AM   #279
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
NIR congrats on your baby!
Hope your face doesnt get tired from the Permagrin!
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:33 AM   #280
PercyJWellingtonIII
Account Suspended

Drives: pontiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiR View Post
back home. ya i can post pics from phone... But i don't feel like i have anything to prove to anyone who thinks for some reason that i am trolling. anyway i will ignore the idiots.

so time to talk about today! what an awesome day! i got the car around 2pm and first reaction from my window when i saw it was WOW!!!! it looked more amazing then ever. i inspected everything and all seemed good. it had 75 miles to it but that was fine since they drove it here from Pennsylvania. there was 2 guys. 1 kinda old like in the 60's i suppose and another guy whose high 40's or low 50's. 1 drove my car and the other drove his car. (i originally thought it would only be 1 guy coming with my car and then taking the transit back home).

but anyway, my first thought of the car was just full of amazing stuff. it just looked so damn sexy. i decided to drive it around the block for awhile and it drove great. i was very scared though. the only car i previously drove was my Cherokee that got junked. and for obvious reasons, this car was much different. I drove it slowly and i was more scared that it would get hit by another car. before i could care less what happened to my Cherokee since it was old. Anyway i decide to pick up my gf and we drive around for awhile.

So here are my thoughts on the visibility and size issues people always talk about. the visibility issues SURPRISINGLY did not bother me as much. i got used to it pretty fast. only problem i had was on the right rear window, it was preety hard to see anything. i got used to it and i am sure within time that i will get more used to it but for now it was kinda hard. But not a big issue. the visibility issue is a tad bothersome but i think within getting more used to it will be fine. size of the car to me is fine. when i am in the car, it feels big but its not a big deal. only problem is parking a bit but thats because i dont have a feel for it yet. in nyc all you do is parallel park so parking it gave me a bit of a problem but thats something i just got to get used to. with the parking assist thing, it was a peace of cake honestly.

Now the other thing... THE ATTENTION IT GETS... first thing i saw people doing when it was parked (in the street, sigh i live in a apt so i have no garage) was people stopping and looking at it and then moving on. it felt good honestly. Then when i was driving, i got random honks from guys here and there. but for the most part it was just fun. 1 bad thing that happened was that i was going down a street and this jackass was backing towards me for some reason and he opened his window and gave me the middle finger as i passed him. very weird since i did nothing to him and i was not speeding at all or anything. i was scared to speed so i just drove carefully. I am a pretty safe driver.

only bad thing i found is that there is like no space in the back.. BUT who the hell cares. i didnt get the car for passenger comfort. but anyway an overall awesome day. just dropped my gf home and i took another pic. i didnt take that many pics but i can take more later in daylight.

but here are 2 pics i took. 1 when i got it and 1 just now.

Looks like mine except mine has grey rally stripes.
PercyJWellingtonIII is offline   Reply With Quote