Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-12-2015, 01:54 PM   #1
RockSmasher

Drives: 2015 Charger SRT Hellcat
I almost joined the club.

Hi all, new here and I just about bought a ZL1 last week. Wife and I were in the market for a new fun car, and we were tired of our 2014 Mustang GT's non existent backseat, as we have two kids. We looked hard at the Z but it again came down to backseat room. Ended up with a Charger Hellcat, so now we're both happy. The point of this post is I really can't believe how much value someone can get with the 1LE Camaro. It seems very reasonably priced for a lot of car.
I hadn't really looked into the models under the Z, but they sure impressed me with what a guy gets in the 1LE package. I paid 46,000 for the Mustang GT Premium in 2013, and I could've been in the 1LE for 2,000 less than that a week ago. The price on the Z was 65,000 for what I looked at.

One thing that sort of bothered me about the Camaros was the interior seemed a bit, ho hum, if that's the term. All in all though, very impressed by these new Camaros, and maybe in a couple years I will revisit the Chev dealer and see if my taste has changed. In no way is this meant to be a troll thread, not my intention. Take care, and keep the shiny side up.
RockSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 01:56 PM   #2
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
You made an account on a Camaro forum to tell us u bought a charger..seems legit
Old 05-12-2015, 01:59 PM   #3
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Looking at backseat room makes the Charger an obvious choice when it comes to a performance car, but why didn't you also consider the Chevy SS? With minor modification at far less than you paid for your Hellcat, you'd be in the same performance ballpark on a solid performance platform.

Either way, the Hellcat is definitely a benchmark to beat in terms of horsepower. At least you're driving a great performance car with the kids.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 02:02 PM   #4
I4toV8
Dazed &

Drives: matte blue 2014 z28(186) 2015 R1
i want one... might adopt a kid to justify needing the 4 door 700hp beast
Old 05-12-2015, 02:02 PM   #5
MattIdaho

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
I had to wait multiple days for my account here to be turned on so I could post...
I don't get it... shouldn't you be out driving that and not here fishing?
MattIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 02:05 PM   #6
RockSmasher

Couldn't care less what you find legit Homeless. I looked at the SS but I'm not into tinkering with brand new vehicles. Plus warranty issues come up when you start throwing power at them, dealer installed or not. I almost pulled the trigger on a Roush Stage 2 kit with the Mustang when I bought it. It went from as long as we install it, you're fully covered, to as long as you bring it back to us if there's a problem you're covered, to as long as Ford doesn't deem it a failure caused by the additional part, you're covered. No thanks. Not sure how Chevy is with that kind of stuff, but I'm not willing to risk it.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:07 PM   #7
squat

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSmasher View Post
One thing that sort of bothered me about the Camaros was the interior seemed a bit, ho hum, if that's the term. All in all though, very impressed by these new Camaros, and maybe in a couple years I will revisit the Chev dealer and see if my taste has changed. In no way is this meant to be a troll thread, not my intention. Take care, and keep the shiny side up.
The charger you bought was redesigned for MY15 so you got brand new everything. The camaro was designed for MY10 and has had updates made to it. Expect the 2016 camaro to have a much better interior than the current one.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:08 PM   #8
RockSmasher

Wow, maybe shouldn't have joined here. In the first six posts, two people accuse me of fishing. In what way have I bashed Camaros again? I am a member on multiple car and truck forums. I like to be in the know when it comes to new, fun cars. I have no brand loyalty. If it's fast and loud, I'm in.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:08 PM   #9
RockSmasher

I agree Squat, and I'll definitely be looking into them in a couple years again. I really like how the outside of the cars look.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:13 PM   #10
Outlaw77

Drives: 2018 Charger SRT 392 F8 Green
I just wanna see some pics of the hellcat! I was seriously considering trading the camaro in for one. 4 doors+700 hp= awsome. But in the end I supercharged the camaro and couldn't be happier.
Outlaw77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 02:15 PM   #11
RockSmasher

I don't know if I should post pics. Be accused of fishing again. One thing I really wish the Cat had was the HUD you guys get. That's kick ass.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:15 PM   #12
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
if you give everyone a benefit of the doubt then it turns into a free-for-all book of fiction. some pics would be nice. otherwise it didn't happen.

Old 05-12-2015, 02:15 PM   #13
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
The charger you bought was redesigned for MY15 so you got brand new everything. The camaro was designed for MY10 and has had updates made to it. Expect the 2016 camaro to have a much better interior than the current one.
I love my interior, and mine has the plainer 2011 styling. I don't get the complaints. It looks almost exactly how we asked GM to make it: the concept minus a little chrome. In any case, you're right. The one for next year probably makes better use of the space, especially being based off the ATS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSmasher View Post
Wow, maybe shouldn't have joined here. In the first six posts, two people accuse me of fishing. In what way have I bashed Camaros again? I am a member on multiple car and truck forums. I like to be in the know when it comes to new, fun cars. I have no brand loyalty. If it's fast and loud, I'm in.
I understand your frustration, but you've got to keep in mind that you're a Charger owner on a Camaro forum. There's going to be skepticism when you post criticisms of a car you don't own. We have a long history of conflict from [former] members who joined to "set the record straight" on other cars. We're here to talk about Camaros, not to have group hugs with the competition.

Of course, you're always welcome to participate. Just remember how many Chevy guys are on the Dodge or Ford forums and how you guys treat us.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 02:16 PM   #14
MattIdaho

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
It just seemed fishy.. when you had one post, granted I am new here as well so I really dont have any ground to stand on..

And txt is a hard medium to judge what a person is really saying.

congrats on the hellcat, and I would love to see pics aswell. being a car guy I like a multitude of cars.
MattIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote