Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 06-12-2014, 07:32 PM   #9675
yzrider58
Aviation guru

Drives: 10 1SS, 09 Acadia, 90 K1500 Z-71
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmertz View Post
And speaking of...anyone planning to attend any shows this weekend?

"Other half" is pushing for Lil' Anthony's for Saturday night (more for socializing than anything) - still debating on Tombstone run/show and the Rincon Farmers Market Show. Either way, I still could make the Anthony's meet even with the Tombstone show...given the 610HP has no DPS contact on the way back.

Tucson F-body assoc. will have some first and second gen cars at the Rincon Farmers show.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:09 AM   #9676
mrmertz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Oh now what??? I knew I should have bought the Mustang!!! ; )

Actually, I think I'll just keep my key fob. Not a problem for me as I sit well back from the steering wheel with that airbag looming in my face. Seems like an issue with people sitting close to the steering wheel. Anybody going to bite for the trade-in fob? At least it doesn't involve anything with changing out the ignition switch!

DETROIT (AP) - General Motors is recalling more cars for problems with ignition switches.

GM is recalling nearly 512,000 Chevrolet Camaro muscle cars from the 2010 to 2014 model years. A driver's knee can bump the key and knock the switch out of the "run" position, causing an engine stall. That knocks out power steering and brakes and could cause drivers to lose control.

GM says it knows of three crashes and four minor injuries from the problem.

GM says the Camaro switches met its specifications - unlike the switches at the center of a recall of 2.6 million small cars. That problem has caused more than 50 crashes and at least 13 deaths.

The Camaro key is concealed in the Fob like a switchblade. GM will replace it with a straight design.
mrmertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:12 AM   #9677
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 HBM
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
Quote:
Oh now what??? I knew I should have bought the Mustang!!! ; )

GM recalling Camaros for ignition switch problem

Posted: Jun 13 2014 6:41 AM MST
Updated: Jun 13 2014 7:42 AM MST
DETROIT (AP) - General Motors is recalling more cars for problems with ignition switches.

GM is recalling nearly 512,000 Chevrolet Camaro muscle cars from the 2010 to 2014 model years. A driver's knee can bump the key and knock the switch out of the "run" position, causing an engine stall.

That knocks out power steering and brakes and could cause drivers to lose control.

GM says it knows of three crashes and four minor injuries from the problem.

GM says the Camaro switches met its specifications - unlike the switches at the center of a recall of 2.6 million small cars. That problem has caused more than 50 crashes and at least 13 deaths.

The Camaro key is concealed in the Fob like a switchblade. GM will replace it with a straight design.
No worries, I am 6'3" with no problem, they are probably talking about NBA players, 7'
2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1 A10/CF Hood Insert/PDR/NAV MODS: Rotofab CAI/V-MAX CNC Ported Throttle Body/Clear Bra/LED Reverse Light/Rock Guards/Lift Pads/Darkened Tail Lights/Ghost-Tinted LED Side Markers/Darkened 3rd Brake Light
FLYNNZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:20 PM   #9678
REIGHARD55

Drives: 2018 Hot Wheels 50th anniversary ed
Quote:
And speaking of...anyone planning to attend any shows this weekend?

"Other half" is pushing for Lil' Anthony's for Saturday night (more for socializing than anything) - still debating on Tombstone run/show and the Rincon Farmers Market Show. Either way, I still could make the Anthony's meet even with the Tombstone show...given the 610HP has no DPS contact on the way back.
I might be up for the Rincon Farmers Market.Anybody else?Maybe Little Anthonys for the Socializing.
REIGHARD55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:25 PM   #9679
WildcatSS

Drives: 2010 IOM SS
Ok, we decided not to move to Indiana this year. But I get to keep the Camaro!!! So I will still be able to see everyone. Thank you for your help in selling my car.
WildcatSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 01:34 PM   #9680
mrmertz

I know Gary is thinking of showing at Lil' Anthony's tonight as I think I (Deb is a definite maybe) will too.

Anybody else up for it? We could all meet at our usual spot and head over in order to park together. Need to get there a little earlier though than the rest in order to get decent spots (the usual drill!).
Old 06-14-2014, 01:39 PM   #9681
mrmertz

Have the oil, just have to get the filter now. Thinking of changing out the engine oil in the ZL-1. Does this vehicle require a crush washer? Shawn, where did you get your magnetic plug from again? Wonder if they all take the same thread regardless of the model of Camaro? I'll research some of this now online...just wanted some "been there done that" input! Thanks for the input!

Perhaps we will see some of you tonight. We could "talk shop" then too.
Old 06-14-2014, 03:02 PM   #9682
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
Quote:
Have the oil, just have to get the filter now. Thinking of changing out the engine oil in the ZL-1. Does this vehicle require a crush washer? Shawn, where did you get your magnetic plug from again? Wonder if they all take the same thread regardless of the model of Camaro? I'll research some of this now online...just wanted some "been there done that" input! Thanks for the input!

Perhaps we will see some of you tonight. We could "talk shop" then too.
I may go to LIL A's, if the wind calms down.. I reuse the same washer 4+ times with no issue.
Heres a link to the Gold Plug I use:
http://www.magneticdrainplug.com/Aut...l#.U5yqUfldWSo
2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1 A10/CF Hood Insert/PDR/NAV MODS: Rotofab CAI/V-MAX CNC Ported Throttle Body/Clear Bra/LED Reverse Light/Rock Guards/Lift Pads/Darkened Tail Lights/Ghost-Tinted LED Side Markers/Darkened 3rd Brake Light
Old 06-14-2014, 03:43 PM   #9683
mrmertz

Thanks buddy! Just ordered the plug. I hate crush washers but oh well. Deb's Mazda uses them too.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:05 PM   #9684
REIGHARD55

Drives: 2018 Hot Wheels 50th anniversary ed
Quote:
I know Gary is thinking of showing at Lil' Anthony's tonight as I think I (Deb is a definite maybe) will too.

Anybody else up for it? We could all meet at our usual spot and head over in order to park together. Need to get there a little earlier though than the rest in order to get decent spots (the usual drill!).
Something came up and I don't think I will make it tonight.
REIGHARD55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 05:47 PM   #9685
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

I think I am just going to hang out on the North-side today, maybe Sonic for a Shake
Old 06-14-2014, 06:24 PM   #9686
mrmertz

All works out for the best. Allergies are acting up a little and the wind is just howling up this way still. Gonna just stay inside, eat some seafood and watch a movie!
Old 06-15-2014, 05:21 PM   #9687
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Happy Fathers day to all Fathers
Old 06-18-2014, 04:51 PM   #9688
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

My next Mod
Attached Images