Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 07-19-2010, 02:00 PM   #1
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
SA restaurant suggetions?

I'll be in San Antonio this weekend with my company at a conference. We are staying at the Marriot Riverwalk. I wanted to get some suggestions from the locals on some of the best places to eat.....especially Tex-Mex with good Margaritas.

You could also list places to avoid on the riverwalk as I'm sure some are just a bunch of hype.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:06 PM   #2
Pumpkin1LT

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Saltgrass is VERY good, as well as Zuni Grill The hubby and I went to BJ's Brewery for our 10 year anniversary...its our new FAV! AWESOME FOOD! for the BEST Tex Mex i wouldn't suggest the Riverwalk.. But here are afew that offer Tex Mex or Southwester/Mexican fusion: Mi Terra or Casa Rio.

A happy wife is one in the garage getting dirty under her 2010 Camaro!
Pumpkin1LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:14 PM   #3
UT-Engineer
Just Cruisin'

Drives: 2010 Synergy Camaro
Look Up:
Casa Rio on 430 E. Commerce Street or
Rosario's Mexican Cafe/Cantina on 910 South Alamo Street
U should like either one of these locations. Casa Rio is closer to the marriot and u can even walk if u want. Rosarios is a little ways from the marriot but still in the downtown vacinity.

UT-Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:11 PM   #4
nwotank

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS Rally Yellow
La Fogata - go there for good food and great ritas
nwotank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:35 PM   #5
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
We were at the Saltgrass on the riverwalk awhile back. The ritas were pretty good.The place that made the absolute best ritas on the riverwalk closed about 2 years ago. Was called Rondezvous (not sure of the spelling).
Old 07-19-2010, 04:39 PM   #6
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
I'll be in San Antonio this weekend with my company at a conference. We are staying at the Marriot Riverwalk. I wanted to get some suggestions from the locals on some of the best places to eat.....especially Tex-Mex with good Margaritas.

You could also list places to avoid on the riverwalk as I'm sure some are just a bunch of hype.
When are you leaving? My wife and I may stay at the Marriott Sunday or Monday night ...We are planning on going to Dallas Thursday late or Friday early, come back Saturday and then go to SA Sunday or monday...I'm pretty sure the Marriott is where we are planning on staying...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:40 PM   #7
overhaulengines

Drives: Red 2SS/RS M6
if you can make it out friday, come and visit us at TGIF
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62053

lupe
overhaulengines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:53 PM   #8
caverman

Thanks for the recommendations.....if there are any more keep them coming.

I'll be there Thurs - Sun of this week. I'm at the Marriot Riverwalk. There is the Riverwalk and Rivercenter and they are accross from each other. I think the Riverwalk is where the Cowboys ususally stay during Training Camp which I think starts this week. A couple yrs ago when we were there I saw several of the Cowboys walking around and they did the Sports talk shows right out side of the downstairs bar. Hope we get to catch that again this year.

I may have to make it out to the Friday night meet. I wasn't going to take the Camaro because I'm afraid to leave my car in the underground parking all weekend (they shoe horn cars together) and I'm sure to get some nice rock chips on the 5 hr one way trip. I would also be on pins & needles the hole time I'm there thinking someone is jacking with my car.

However....the Camaro will definately get better gas mileage than the Yukon.

Edit: damn...the wife just reminded me that there will be a reception on Friday night. Free food and an open bar. I probably won't make it to the meet after all. Open bar...no driving...walk to my room. Can't pass that up.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 07-19-2010, 07:02 PM   #9
Atti2de
Móderator

Drives: 2SS/RS
Alamo cafe!!! But u will need to drive a little to get there but AWESOME ritas and good food...
Old 07-21-2010, 09:36 AM   #10
T/A Taz

Drives: was 2010 SS/RS Cyber Gray
I'll chime in. If you want to take a 45 minute drive north there is the cute town of Gruene (New Bruanfels) and the Grist Mill. The food is typical but the atmosphere is great especially in the summer you can watch the drunk tubers float down the Guadalupe River.

For some better food there is Huisache in downtown New Braunfels. It's a little hard to find because it is behind a taller building, but they always had a great wine selection when we lived there.

The only good Mexican we have loved is back in New Mexico and Arizona. The only thing that comes close is Abuelo's outside of Austin and my kitchen.

The evil global oligarchy can Suck my tailpipe and Kiss my SS
T/A Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:07 AM   #11
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
mmmmm my playground is the hill country. My family will be in New Braunfels for a week next month.
If any of yall are on the river and see a camo yellow/green/blue Dagger Charleston. It will most likely be me.

P.S. If the water is moving good and I have my helmet on ... it says Shuffler on it.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:55 PM   #12
2010Bill

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Without doubt, the best Mexican food to go down your pie-hole is at this place in the Market Square Area AND they're open 24 hours a day.

http://www.mitierracafe.com/default.html
2010Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:20 PM   #13
caverman

Thanks everyone.....I'm off to SA in the morning.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed to come across some Dallas Cowboys in the Hotel while we are there.
Build Journal