Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 12-08-2010, 04:32 PM   #3249
angelicsowner

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icntdrv55 View Post
Mike, GREAT JOB!
What was the total donation from the club?
Total from the club was $225.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:06 PM   #3250
Blue70SS

Drives: 10 LS3 2SSRS IOM,21 ZLE Wild Cherry
Quote:
Tom

Exactly. he is refering to the DRLs. Those of us who have RS's can not turn them off and on like you non-RS'ers can. Yours are more fog lights. Ours are DRLs or DSLs MMMMMMMMMMM :>)

RS owners can also get a harness from Rick so that you can use the DRLs like fog lights, meaning turn them on/off with or without your head lights on. (Yes, a plug for Rick!). His harness works great!
2nd that.... plug #2
Squash twins,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:24 PM   #3251
NickJ

Drives: 11 SS/RS Victory Red
New guy here..I'm getting a new SS/RS in January. Last one I had was a 73 Type LT that I bought new.

I saw the reference to Emich- they're not getting my money. I've been there twice, the last time was today. They had my car out front- red/black SS/RS, it was calling me as I went by. I was there for at least 15 minutes- sitting in the car, walking around it ogling it, etc. You'd think a salesman might have walked out and said something....nope, both times. And I'm buying the car outright. Dopes..
NickJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:50 PM   #3252
2SSONLY

Drives: FAST!
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelicsowner View Post
Donation made to the Bob Woodruff Foundation today in memory of Major Rob Mahler from CCOTR. Thank you to everyone that donated! For those of you that missed getting money to me, and still want to donate, please donate at http://remind.org -Mike
Mike, thanks for taking care of that and thanks everyone who participated. Rob will be greatly missed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom692010 View Post
You autos should have your own category. Had I know I was going to end up racing this car I would have gone auto.
That's the dilemma I agonized over and over before ordering, Tom. I was so ticked when I found out the 426 wouldn't be available in with an auto. I knew I'd have to choose between the top of the line Camaro and a car I could race "for real" at the track. True drag racers race autos although it is nice that most tracks still have a stick shift category for the old school. No sense putting lots of mods into a manual car to use it for drag racing. I'm saving my money to buy a car set up for drag racing. And it won't be a 12 second car either (I'm talking before adjusting) !
2SSONLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:15 PM   #3253
2SSONLY

Camaro Fest Info

For those going to CFII: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119276
Old 12-09-2010, 10:31 PM   #3254
mtcwby
High on "The Camaro Life"

Drives: 2010 2SS, IOM, LS3, Vortech, LG cam
Send a message via AIM to mtcwby
Quote:
As for my actual times, I dont believe its fare that I have to post a time much higher then the "low Landers". We should all be on the same playing field! Besides, it looks better in the sig !
If you don't have a time slip to back it up, don't post it.
Post the time slip numbers and put the DA and corrected times in parenthesis.
We all know where you race and we all know what is a good ET for Bandimere.

I for one can attest to the fact that theoretically I should be in the 10's here in AZ. But there are alot of other factors that change when you come to the low altitude tracks. The biggest factor is all the extra HP. I'm finding that I definitely should be in the 10's, I've been hitting trap speeds in the high 120's, but with all the extra HP I can't get traction. The drag radials aren't enough. I'm running 11.6 ET's consistantly, but only getting 1.95 60 ft times because I can't hook up. And these times are in Tucson, with 4900 ft DA's. So it's only gonna be worse in Phoenix with DA's around 2000Ft.
So, while you think you can run 12's because of the conversion. In reality you will probably be lucky to see low 13's.

You guys that think you are gonna come down to Camaro5 fest and kick some ass are probably gonna be very disappointed when you spin through the first two gears and get 2.xx 60 ft times, while throwing down high 125+ mph trap speeds. Remember, you guys with S/C cars are gonna have 120-150 more hp down here, you'll need to completely relearn your cars. It will scare you so bad the first time down the track here, that you will hardly be able to keep your foot to the floor the whole 1/4 mile. You will miss shifts, bounce off rev limiters, etc because you aren't prepared for how quickly the tach reaches redline compared to CO.

If anyone is interested I would strongly urge you to get a roadtrip together and come down to Phoenix and race all day on a Saturday, sometime this winter to see what you are facing for C5 fest. I can let you know when the T n T days are, but usually they are every Friday evenings, All day on Saturdays and if they are having any races on Sunday, they usually have a TNT lane running, too.

I am also working on what you S/C'd guys are gonna need for traction. I ordered a set of 18" rims and Mickey Thompson 305/45-18 tires to try out. I hope it's enough. The Nitto NT555R 305/35-20's that work great in CO, don't work worth crap down here. Too much HP, and that was just at Tucson at 4900 DA's. I figure I was at aprox 625 actual rwhp at that DA. Phoenix I will be closer to 675 rwhp. Sea level would be the full 700 rwhp.

Last edited by mtcwby; 12-09-2010 at 11:02 PM.
mtcwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:49 PM   #3255
2SSONLY

Quote:
But they can paddle shift so that evens things out....so says Kirky!
Really nothing even about it, IMO. Autos have the advantage even with 26 less horse power. I'm talking stock to stock here. As Don as pointed out, there are so many variables when driving a manual: hitting the same shift points time and time again so that your ET is consistent, losing traction when shifting, launches... I've said it before and I'll say it again. It isn't always the fastest car at the track who wins. Drag racing is a combination of cutting a good light, running your ET and beating the other car to the line. All the mods in the world won't help if you can't leave the line well, don't now how to dial in your car and therefore can't beat the other car to the line!

Test and tune nights don't give a real feel for actual racing because there are no staggered starts or dial ins. Test and tunes are street races not drag races. All I'm saying is that the friendly competitions on Wednesday nights isn't comparing apples with apples, BUT THEY SURE ARE FUN!
#5336, 6M, Racing Bone Stock; lookn' to spoil.
can't cut a light...can't run the number...can't even quit.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:04 PM   #3256
Brian@LGMAC

Drives: a slow 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtcwby View Post
If you don't have a time slip to back it up, don't post it.
Post the time slip numbers and put the DA and corrected times in parenthesis.
We all know where you race and we all know what is a good ET for Bandimere.

I for one can attest to the fact that theoretically I should be in the 10's here in AZ. But there are alot of other factors that change when you come to the low altitude tracks. The biggest factor is all the extra HP. I'm finding that I definitely should be in the 10's, I've been hitting trap speeds in the high 120's, but with all the extra HP I can't get traction. The drag radials aren't enough. I'm running 11.6 ET's consistantly, but only getting 1.95 60 ft times because I can't hook up. And these times are in Tucson, with 4900 ft DA's. So it's only gonna be worse in Phoenix with DA's around 2000Ft.
So, while you think you can run 12's because of the conversion. In reality you will probably be lucky to see low 13's.

You guys that think you are gonna come down to Camaro5 fest and kick some ass are probably gonna be very disappointed when you spin through the first two gears and get 2.xx 60 ft times, while throwing down high 125+ mph trap speeds. Remember, you guys with S/C cars are gonna have 120-150 more hp down here, you'll need to completely relearn your cars. It will scare you so bad the first time down the track here, that you will hardly be able to keep your foot to the floor the whole 1/4 mile. You will miss shifts, bounce off rev limiters, etc because you aren't prepared for how quickly the tach reaches redline compared to CO.

If anyone is interested I would strongly urge you to get a roadtrip together and come down to Phoenix and race all day on a Saturday, sometime this winter to see what you are facing for C5 fest. I can let you know when the T n T days are, but usually they are every Friday evenings, All day on Saturdays and if they are having any races on Sunday, they usually have a TNT lane running, too.

I am also working on what you S/C'd guys are gonna need for traction. I ordered a set of 18" rims and Mickey Thompson 305/45-18 tires to try out. I hope it's enough. The Nitto NT555R 305/35-20's that work great in CO, don't work worth crap down here. Too much HP, and that was just at Tucson at 4900 DA's. I figure I was at aprox 625 actual rwhp at that DA. Phoenix I will be closer to 675 rwhp. Sea level would be the full 700 rwhp.
plenty of 5th gens have been running 10s with 275 drag radials at see level, you just need to practice your launches. I have been drag racing for 17 years now all over the country and never have a problem launching.
Brian@LGMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:44 PM   #3257
2SSONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian@LGMAC View Post
plenty of 5th gens have been running 10s with 275 drag radials at see level, you just need to practice your launches. I have been drag racing for 17 years now all over the country and never have a problem launching.
#5336, 6M, Racing Bone Stock; lookn' to spoil.
can't cut a light...can't run the number...can't even quit.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:28 PM   #3258
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Oh I can see the banter starting already...I am thinking Don needs to install some spongy super wide slicks on his car cause he has to launch at such a high rpm because his supercharger is so much more efficient than all of us with TVS2300's. Brian just kicks in once rolling so he is not having issues.
This is what makes it all fun. But yeah I too have seen some great times on a lot less tire. But then again experience goes a long way at the track. Larry
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 06:02 PM   #3259
Icntdrv55
CCOTR Member

Drives: Victory Red 2010 2SS/RS A6
I just prefer to use stick'em on my tires!

AND, us NON S/C cars should do wonderful getting off the line as we dont have all that horsepower to keep spinning the tires. Only a measly 375 RWHP or so. You should catch us ½ to 3/4 of the way down the track or so. See you at the finish !!!
as Larry would say.....BBAAAHHAHAHAHAAAA
2010 Camaro SS/RS Victory Red A6- Vararam Intake, Doug Thorley Tri Y LTs, Magnaflow X-pipe, Flowmaster Super 40's, VMS Tune, Razzi Ground Effects, Herritage Grill, RED headlight and fog light Halos, LED DRLs, Dash and extended Door ABL, engine, grill and rear defusser LED lighting ........ 12.59@112.21 (DA Corrected)
Icntdrv55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:27 PM   #3260
Blue70SS

Quote:
Anyone familar with Oregon? Hillsboro to be exact. Companies being sold here in Boulder. Might seek continued employment with the same company in Or.
Yep, worked there for a year putting up cell towers.... Rain, mist, rain, mist,rain, mist (your get the idea). Outside work meant rain jackets and rainex on the windshield made things nicer. Summer changed to a drought that year. Nice and green though, with lots of pine trees - nice area. Was mostly Tigard, Portland and Vancouver area. Great place to buy a new car - no sales tax.

LPE Brotherhood
Old 12-10-2010, 09:39 PM   #3261
Prochargedchevyi

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue70SS View Post
Yep, worked there for a year putting up cell towers.... Rain, mist, rain, mist,rain, mist (your get the idea). Outside work meant rain jackets and rainex on the windshield made things nicer. Summer changed to a drought that year. Nice and green though, with lots of pine trees - nice area. Was mostly Tigard, Portland and Vancouver area. Great place to buy a new car - no sales tax.
I just visited Portland this past summer and I loved it. No sales tax is nice too. I told my wife that if we were to move outside of Colorado, Oregon is the place that I'd prefer to go.

Just think, no more battling altitude!
Old 12-10-2010, 09:46 PM   #3262
Blue70SS

Quote:
I just prefer to use stick'em on my tires!

AND, us NON S/C cars should do wonderful getting off the line as we dont have all that horsepower to keep spinning the tires. Only a measly 375 RWHP or so. You should catch us ½ to 3/4 of the way down the track or so. See you at the finish !!!
as Larry would say.....BBAAAHHAHAHAHAAAA
Ahhhh tires, tires, tires! So many choices. I say put all the rubber to good use and make a giant slingshot.

BTW, is Ted going to Cfest?

Anybody notice the "meet and greet" for Cfest is Thursday night now with activities starting on Friday?

LPE Brotherhood

Tags
2012 callaway, 45th anniversary, colorado camaro