Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-18-2013, 08:03 PM   #4551
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
You would think something like that would be all over our news.... Have a link or something?

EDIT: just read about it. I highly doubt it will get passed.....
A lot of us thought the NY bill wouldn't pass and look at what happened. From everything I've read, Washington is very Democratic so there is a good chance that it will pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
That is some major BS!
Totally agree. Not only does this bill go against the 2nd amendment, but it also tramples on another of our rights, protection against illegal search and seizures.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:39 PM   #4552
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
A lot of us thought the NY bill wouldn't pass and look at what happened. From everything I've read, Washington is very Democratic so there is a good chance that it will pass.

Totally agree. Not only does this bill go against the 2nd amendment, but it also tramples on another of our rights, protection against illegal search and seizures.
sounds like the reason our fore fathers broke away from Britain and created the Constitution.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:32 PM   #4553
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
Quote:
sounds like the reason our fore fathers broke away from Britain and created the Constitution.
there is no doubt about it, if the people who fought in the American Revolutionary War were alive today, they would have used guns against the government by now... you can thank Lincoln, Woodrow Wilson, and FDR for where we're at right now as a country... that is broke, dependent, hated by the world, and definitely not #1 in freedom and personal liberty
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:59 PM   #4554
only the beSSt

Drives: IOM 1LE, awaiting my return
Quote:
Amen. First went California, then a few other states implemented silly controls, then New York made a huge step in the wrong direction, Colorado is close to shooting themselves in the foot (only with 10 rounds, though, before they have to reload), and now Washington's proposed bill is ugly and invasive. Things are going downhill right in front of us. The time for the informed and aware citizens to make a stand again may not be that far away.
only the beSSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:35 AM   #4555
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
When we give up the right to privacy we give up our rights to freedom.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:55 AM   #4556
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
It's finally done, well almost. Still need a bipod and 2k for the scope I really want lol.
Attached Images

Old 02-19-2013, 07:00 AM   #4557
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
You would think something like that would be all over our news.... Have a link or something?

EDIT: just read about it. I highly doubt it will get passed.....
That would be a violation of your 4th amendment Constitutional rights. Unreasonable search and seizures...

They would basically be practicing warrantless searches going into your home. That's the most BS thing I've ever heard. I could never fathom any government passing something like that. If they did, watch out...
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:23 AM   #4558
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
It's finally done, well almost. Still need a bipod and 2k for the scope I really want lol.
That thing is sick!
Old 02-19-2013, 07:42 AM   #4559
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
I like the bevel vent holes on the hand guard flip up shoulder thingy..... never seen one cut like that, looks good!
Old 02-19-2013, 08:56 AM   #4560
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
That would be a violation of your 4th amendment Constitutional rights. Unreasonable search and seizures...

They would basically be practicing warrantless searches going into your home. That's the most BS thing I've ever heard. I could never fathom any government passing something like that. If they did, watch out...
I think this has been an eye opening experience for all of us. I just wish it would have come to a head prior to the last presidential & congressional elections.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:54 AM   #4561
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
To be completely honest... I'm in full support of these libs pushing the bills. Their drastic over-reach will accomplish two things:

1) It will allow for a bigger smack down in the court system, and decrease the chance of the whole bill not passing (keeping the other provisions from passing as well).

2) It might be just enough of a push for the "on-the-fence" voters to see that party wanting to do things like violate the 2nd and 4th Amendments, and voting them out of office next term.

The 4th Amendment violations are the biggest advantages we have, because many libs associate violation of the 4th with the Patriot Act. I have a suspicion that, while not all, a lot of libs will be voted out of office next cycle.

The more aggressive these bills are, the greater chance NONE of the provisions will pass. And even IF they do, citing NY as an example, it will put the citizens in a mode of unrest that will bring so much attention to the policy that it might help open Americans' eyes at how willing their "trustful" appointees are to stepping on our toes.

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:40 AM   #4562
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
To be completely honest... I'm in full support of these libs pushing the bills. Their drastic over-reach will accomplish two things:

1) It will allow for a bigger smack down in the court system, and decrease the chance of the whole bill not passing (keeping the other provisions from passing as well).

2) It might be just enough of a push for the "on-the-fence" voters to see that party wanting to do things like violate the 2nd and 4th Amendments, and voting them out of office next term.

The 4th Amendment violations are the biggest advantages we have, because many libs associate violation of the 4th with the Patriot Act. I have a suspicion that, while not all, a lot of libs will be voted out of office next cycle.

The more aggressive these bills are, the greater chance NONE of the provisions will pass. And even IF they do, citing NY as an example, it will put the citizens in a mode of unrest that will bring so much attention to the policy that it might help open Americans' eyes at how willing their "trustful" appointees are to stepping on our toes.
I agree...these state and federal legislatures are cramming this down their constituents throats, and I'm really hoping it will backfire on all of them in the next elections and/or in the courts.

Looks like Colorado just passed their crazy bills.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...ng-resistance/
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #4563
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Looks like Colorado just passed their crazy bills.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...ng-resistance/

There is still hope for the people though in the state senate. Hopefully the coverage and protests are enough to make a few of those dems cross and smack down the bills before they pass the legislature.

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:58 AM   #4564
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
There is still hope for the people though in the state senate. Hopefully the coverage and protests are enough to make a few of those dems cross and smack down the bills before they pass the legislature.
True...it's just frustrating when a few crazies with a knee jerk reaction change the lives of law abiding citizen's so quickly.
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro gun