Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 03-02-2009, 10:35 AM   #1
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
The best car Ford makes

Is a hatch.

"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:42 AM   #2
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
I have to say, I like Ford's new Taurus.

And the Mustang seems to continue to be a success for them. (I'm just not impressed with the newest styling.)
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:05 AM   #3
ihc95

Drives: 2018 GT PP1 A10
I have to agree with Moose. I believe the new Taurus SHO is the best car they ever made. Besides that Focus isn't availible in the US
ihc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:13 AM   #4
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihc95 View Post
I have to agree with Moose. I believe the new Taurus SHO is the best car they ever made. Besides that Focus isn't availible in the US
The new Focus RS went to Europe... home of the hatch, and became debatably the best. The new taurus is a nice car but i dont think anyone is going to call it the best in its class.

its all opinions.
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:17 AM   #5
diddiyo

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post
and became debatably the best.
mhhhh

diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:25 AM   #6
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I wish they'd bring this little car to the US. Then it and the Cobalt SS can spank the imports.

It's funny you posted that, though...if you don't mind me derailing the thread for a second....I took out five Fords for a test drive this past weekend. A local dealer partnered with my old high school and was offering test drives from 10am-5pm.

I drove the:
F-150
Flex
Focus
Explorer
Fusion

The F-150 was nice. Ride/interior/refinement...I do have to say that I think the Silverado easily trumps it's interior, and I just prefer the exterior of the Chevy. But both trucks are WAY too big for my tastes. When I took it out, I felt like I was behind the wheel of a semi! I think I'd most likely get a Colorado/Ranger if I needed a Truck....

The Flex was AMAZING. The interior was astounding, the ride and power were exhilerating...but I think it's ugly as sin on the outside, has a really uncomfortable shifter (I like to cruise with my hand resting on it), it's a little high-priced, and feels too big for a station-wagon wannabe...

The Focus scared the crap out of me. I own a Cobalt right now, and I prefer it in every single way. The little focus rips to 7000rpms pretty quick. But it shudders between 3k and 5k as it's doing so. When I took it to 80, I felt like it was going to tear itself apart. The interior is no better than the Cobalt. Just a different layout, and I'm not moved by it's exterior much. (It also has that crappy shifter)

The explorer was NICE. Wow. It had plenty of giddy-up, a nice ride, very quiet cabin; and a very well laid-out interior. I was very much impressed. No complaints except for the shifter's shape...again.

The Fusion was very nice. Extremely quiet on the inside, decent exterior, and very nice interior layout and materials. It was pretty quick, and the AWD option is a plus. Again, though...nasty shifter.

All 5 cars interiors were pretty parts-bin-y. The family resemblance is a little stronger than I'd like...but then, I think the Camaro is the benchmark for interior differenciation, so my word is worthless where that's concerned ()....Overall -- I have to give credit to Ford, they've got some VERY impressive products in the showrooms, and coming down the pipe (2010 Taurus: ).
Old 03-02-2009, 11:37 AM   #7
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
They definitely are stepping up there game...the taurus SHO is the definitely there best to date along with there MKS
Old 03-02-2009, 11:47 AM   #8
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
So instead of Taurus bringing Jag down, Jag brought Taurus up?

This might all be pointless competition. The winners in the end will be the ones who use little or no fuel.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:54 PM   #9
Blownhotrodder

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Cool ride, not avail. in the US? Figures.
Blownhotrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:50 PM   #10
Justin
Camaro5's Cell Phone Geek

Drives: '02 V6 Camaro. 5 speed manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
I have to say, I like Ford's new Taurus.

And the Mustang seems to continue to be a success for them. (I'm just not impressed with the newest styling.)
Is it just me or does the new Mustang look... sad.

Maybe it's depressed because the Camaro is coming out this year.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:09 PM   #11
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
I want a Focus RS.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:10 PM   #12
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
I want a Focus RS.
It is a looker

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:17 PM   #13
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
focus rs is my favorite ford right now....and yes it is a looker...and has the engine to back it up
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:21 PM   #14
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Ford Taurus SHO is my current favorite...

Impala SS better step it up.