Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-29-2010, 03:45 PM   #1
stepuptata

Drives: 2010 SS and 1999 SS Vortech Blown
EIbach pro springs?...How they ride?

Looking to go with the eibach pros since they are very popular and priced the best @ $235...But i will spend more if ride quality will suffer do to the Eibachs?...ANy suggestions would be great!
stepuptata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:44 PM   #2
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
I'm not telling you to buy Pedders, but spend more, you won't regret it.
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:30 PM   #3
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
$235....if you look around you can find them for right at or just under $200.

However, I agree with Rob.....I would look at possibly spending a little more. Don't let $50-$100 make your decision. Keep researching and buy the one you feel is best. After all that little bit of money is nothing in the long run.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:48 PM   #4
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
The Prokit is awesome but I'm telling you know...a year later and several scrapes on the underside and the ride not being quite the same as new, you might wanna think about some of the advice that others are saying about money usually = quality.

Nothing at all against the Prokit. Fantastic value but sometimes way low isn't what everyone wants later.

Just food for thought.
Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:24 AM   #5
amanc96

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Karma View Post
The Prokit is awesome but I'm telling you know...a year later and several scrapes on the underside and the ride not being quite the same as new, you might wanna think about some of the advice that others are saying about money usually = quality.

Nothing at all against the Prokit. Fantastic value but sometimes way low isn't what everyone wants later.

Just food for thought.
Ivan
Are you saying that the ride height will get lower as time passes? Just wondering because I think all the other springs will drop you car more then the pro kit will.
amanc96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:21 PM   #6
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
I've got just over 1K miles on my pro kit springs and anti-roll sways. The car seems to bounce more, not harshly, but for a longer period of time if you will. On smooth roads, its great. Add in some rollers and it's like you've jumped on a trampoline, it takes it a few seconds to stable out. Again, its not harsh, just different. It feels like I'm driving my '04 Corvette, without the teeth jaring/back breaking jolts associtated with crappy California roads, a stiff suspension and low profile tires.

Now, when you get into the corner, WOW!!! I've improved my corner speeds A LOT!! No body roll, tires feel like they are getting better bite and I love the look.

If you are looking at an inexpensive mod that will improve your ride height and cornering go for the Eibach kits. Just remember it will cost you a bit of the ride comfort with any lowering kit.