Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-26-2014, 10:30 AM   #15
Xp0gam3r

Drives: '15 2SS 1LE; '10 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
any thoughts on that video?
I don't think that guy had the filter oiled properly (or at all for that matter).

Every time I clean the filter, I hit it a couple of times to make sure nothing comes out of the OUT surface, but only out of the IN surface. Never saw anything like in that video (not even fine dust).

From my understanding, the oils helps thicken the surface area to stop exactly what happened in the video, fine dust passing through.
Xp0gam3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:04 AM   #16
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
This may seem obvious, but are you clearing/resetting the MPG to re-check & not just letting it continue to monitor with the previously accumulated data still stored???? I know I forgot to reset it a few times & got worried but then realized what I had done & it was fine. Just a thought.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:29 PM   #17
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
Is the vararam filter oiled or paper?
It's oiled. Not sure if that guys filter is properly oiled though

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_cook94 View Post
The Vararam is supposed to be oiled. From that video I'm not sure if it was oiled or not. That was a lot of dirt passing through.
Yup not too sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by strtsol1109 View Post
Where would you get other filters for the vararam?
I was wondering the same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
Wow that's a lot of sediment ?
I know right?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xp0gam3r View Post
I don't think that guy had the filter oiled properly (or at all for that matter).

Every time I clean the filter, I hit it a couple of times to make sure nothing comes out of the OUT surface, but only out of the IN surface. Never saw anything like in that video (not even fine dust).

From my understanding, the oils helps thicken the surface area to stop exactly what happened in the video, fine dust passing through.
Yeah that's how it's supposed to work. We got the recharge kits together. I've cleaned and piled it like we normally do. Wait til I post pics of my maf sensor 0_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
This may seem obvious, but are you clearing/resetting the MPG to re-check & not just letting it continue to monitor with the previously accumulated data still stored???? I know I forgot to reset it a few times & got worried but then realized what I had done & it was fine. Just a thought.
I really wished that was the issue. But every time I reset which I did alot because the numbers seemed beyond abnormal. It only got worse. The car is truly doing 14mpg according to the car and the actual fuel consumption
I have to attach the pics of my maf and intake. It's a combo of seafoam and dirt getting stuck on the seafoam

Will post when I get home
Have the day off tomorrow to clean the maf, and housing. The filter is cleaned waiting to be re oiled
Then going to head to the gas station and pump 91 since its the only fuel we can get here with no ethanol and then see what kind of numbers I get
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:03 PM   #18
Xp0gam3r

Drives: '15 2SS 1LE; '10 2LT RS
Cleaned the fuel injectors?
Xp0gam3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:58 AM   #19
redleader
redleader

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xp0gam3r View Post
Cleaned the fuel injectors?

Link to Tutorial or Advice on this please :-)
redleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:09 AM   #20
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by redleader View Post
Link to Tutorial or Advice on this please :-)
+1
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:57 AM   #21
416Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Does the type of gas you use affect mpg? I use 91 octane and I usually put an octane booster once in a while I would say about every two to three months. Does wonders for my car. I get about 600 km on the full tank don't know if that's good enough for you. Depends also on how you drive I guess. Just a thought.
M6 MODS: OBX LT headers, Magnaflow Resonated Xpipe, MRT V2 Axle back, K&N intake, Trifecta Tune,Sidemarker & Tail Light Blackout, Black Vinyl Emblems, CCFL Angel Eye Projectors, 35% & 5% Tint, Plasti Dip Rocker Stripes/Gas Cap, Blacked Out Tail Light Bezels....More to come.
416Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:10 AM   #22
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Yeah, I run 93 and can consistently get over 450 miles to a full tank on the highway.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote