Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Do you generally like or dislike the changes for 2014?
I like the changes for 2014 164 50.15%
I do not like the changes for 2014 163 49.85%
Voters: 327. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-01-2013, 12:11 PM   #57
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
wow the majority of the poll is on the "dislike" side. no wonder Fbodfather seemed disappointed. At least the refresh makes the 2014 and up look differentiated from a 2013.

All they had to do was add RS-headlight retracting headlight covers and this problem would have been solved. (not)
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:35 PM   #58
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Can't really answer this poll.

I'll just say I dislike the rear, and the front looks good from certain angles.

For once...I'll say it almost seems like the Non-RS is better looking than the RS.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #59
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ragtop View Post
wow the majority of the poll is on the "dislike" side. no wonder Fbodfather seemed disappointed. At least the refresh makes the 2014 and up look differentiated from a 2013.

All they had to do was add RS-headlight retracting headlight covers and this problem would have been solved. (not)
Maybe, but its still not as lopsided as the other earlier pole was. It was like 65% against almost from the start and stayed that way.. And remember we have not seen all the changes yet. The V6 models are yet to come.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #60
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ragtop View Post

I did ask him how he thought about the polls being on the negative side he had this to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
Here is one of the polls on this site that's telling you how the people here feel about the new change's. Do you not find this alarming with this kind of negative feedback from the enthusiasts?
Attachment 491683

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
If this were 6 months into the 2014 Model year, I'd certainly be concerned.

However, I'd venture to say that 99 percent of the people who have voted on that poll have not seen the car in person. That's crucial.

I can assure you that every time we change something on the Camaro, we usually get a negative reaction: -- initially. That was frankly one of the main reasons for me starting this post in the first place. I tried to use a bit of 'humor' -- but if you go back to the very early days of Camaro5 -- and then go to the dates when we made changes - you'll find the same type of reaction.

The point: No matter what we do to change a car - some will love it - and others will hate it. It's OK to feel either way. What I simply ask people to do is to remain 'polite' -- I (and the rest of the team) DO want to hear your thoughts.

If you say "...this car ####s! It looks like ####! You're a bunch of XXXXXs!" - we're going to take your remarks with a grain of salt and dismiss. And we have the right to. On the other hand, if you say "...I don't like the taillamps. I think they should have been round and had black trim because that's the history of the early 2nd gens"....we're going to listen to you -- because it's a reasonable post and you're giving us details on why you don't care for the change.

So - the point: we DO want to hear your thoughts - but I'm also asking you to look at the car from all angles in person before you make your final declaration. I suspect that in 6 months, there will be another 'panic-du-Jour!"

(and the poll isn't exactly written to tell us much other than 'yes' or 'no' -- and that's really not adequate...)
Old 04-01-2013, 03:38 PM   #61
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

I was looking at the motor trend app and read this interview about the 2014 Jeep Cherokee.

When asked about the controversial new styling, Manley said, “I think, like any forward looking design, that’s new into the market, you’re going to get reactions to it. That’s the wonderful thing about styling and design; it evokes different emotions from different people.” Manley continued, “It’s one of those designs that the initial reaction is kind of polarizing. People fall into one camp or another.”

While Manley acknowledges the new design is polarizing, he said the feedback since the official images were released is “beginning to shift over to the positive side.” To get a real understanding of the car’s design, Manly says the 2014 Cherokee must be seen in person, and we’d agree.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:05 PM   #62
Belle

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
The Motor Trend line is standard industry language. Ad agencies and PR agencies use that kind of language all the time when they want to defend their position. I'm sure it was in their speaking points.

The thing about the 2010 to 2013 Camaro is...everyone likes it. You pull up to a gas station, or drive down the block, pull into a parking lot, everyone talks to you...in a positive way. It has universal appeal. You see it on this forum everyday.

In the case of the Cherokee (which I also use to own and drive), they really did a number on the design. In advertising, people call it "creative masturbation." They need designers with art background, not just graphic design background. First impressions are instant and doesn't require "understanding." No matter how much you stare at something and try to like it, it will not change. Even if you see things in person.
Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #63
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle View Post
The Motor Trend line is standard industry language. Ad agencies and PR agencies use that kind of language all the time when they want to defend their position. I'm sure it was in their speaking points.

The thing about the 2010 to 2013 Camaro is...everyone likes it. You pull up to a gas station, or drive down the block, pull into a parking lot, everyone talks to you...in a positive way. It has universal appeal. You see it on this forum everyday.

In the case of the Cherokee (which I also use to own and drive), they really did a number on the design. In advertising, people call it "creative masturbation." They need designers with art background, not just graphic design background. First impressions are instant and doesn't require "understanding." No matter how much you stare at something and try to like it, it will not change. Even if you see things in person.
Posted that to show that most changes to any design have the same problems...
Yes people love the Camaro as it is and as human nature they are resistant to change...I say the general public will still love the looks of the 2014 Camaro...remember we had not even seen a new Camaro since 2002 and we had several years of seeing the Concept to get used to that design before it hit the showrooms. I think as long as the concept had resembled any year Camaro it would have been accepted by the time production started... People were hungry for a new Camaro.
People are just used to this style and it will take time for many lovers of this design to get used to the 2014 design... And some may never get used to it.
I hate to see the reaction when they reveal the 6th gen after this...
Old 04-01-2013, 08:37 PM   #64
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Posted that to show that most changes to any design have the same problems...
Yes people love the Camaro as it is and as human nature they are resistant to change...I say the general public will still love the looks of the 2014 Camaro...remember we had not even seen a new Camaro since 2002 and we had several years of seeing the Concept to get used to that design before it hit the showrooms. I think as long as the concept had resembled any year Camaro it would have been accepted by the time production started... People were hungry for a new Camaro.
People are just used to this style and it will take time for many lovers of this design to get used to the 2014 design... And some may never get used to it.
I hate to see the reaction when they reveal the 6th gen after this...
Tell that to BMW when the bump trunk went thud and they redesigned fast...it is not change..it is look, see and like or dislike...a lot of people here see and do not like...nothing wrong with them...

I for one cannot handle the hole (and the problems it brings) in the hood on the SS. Not something of a style issue...
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:12 AM   #65
Trailnut

Drives: '15 Colorado, '73 C/10
The Camaro is getting too modern - JMO But still crazy about them