Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Do you generally like or dislike the changes for 2014?
I like the changes for 2014 164 50.15%
I do not like the changes for 2014 163 49.85%
Voters: 327. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-31-2013, 12:27 AM   #1
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
2014 refresh poll - Like or Don't Like

Since the other pole was started before the official reveal and most of the votes on it were based on bad pictures, I was wondering now that good pictures have been posted vote on if you like the changes for 2014 or dislike them.
A simple question and a simple answer is all that's needed. Debates on the changes as long as they are civil and with no profanity or name calling are appreciated.
Thank you.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:28 AM   #2
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Where's the Poll?
It should also have an in-between option. I like the Z28 look, but I don't like the SS look.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:32 AM   #3
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

The thread shows up before you type in the pole questions.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:33 AM   #4
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
Where's the Poll?
It should also have an in-between option. I like the Z28 look, but I don't like the SS look.
You can't pick individual models out yet because we have not yet seen them all.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:35 AM   #5
moserbe

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
I like my 2012 and I like the refreshed 2014 also.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:35 AM   #6
oklapike

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary SS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
Where's the Poll?
I agree, it should have an in-between option, though I can't necessarily say (yet) that I don't like the SS look. Based on what we've seen so far, I'm really thinking that I just don't like the execution of the RS package with the refresh.
oklapike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:37 AM   #7
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oklapike View Post
I agree, it should have an in-between option, though I can't necessarily say (yet) that I don't like the SS look. Based on what we've seen so far, I'm really thinking that I just don't like the execution of the RS package with the refresh.
That's why I said generally... If you want to start breaking it down to models or even options where do you draw the line? Some people may want to even break it down to front or rear.... It skews the pole to where it means nothing.

It's just overall do you like the changes you have seen.

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 03-31-2013 at 01:10 AM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:59 AM   #8
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Bump
Old 03-31-2013, 07:11 AM   #9
06_warrior

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3 M6 black on black :)
As many pictures that i've seen i still don't care for those tail lights. The front is "ok" at best to me. Just the other day i was using my truck and backing in and looking at my 12' and thought to my self that i really still prefer the pre 14' models styling. Maybe that will change when i see one in person? Maybe but i can't promise, just glad i got mine when i did. Honestly i'm really glad because if i was drooling over the new styling i may want to trade up to one and that is definitely not going to happen for me.
06_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:25 AM   #10
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Meh. I don't dislike the changes but to me the styling offers nothing fresh or more attractive than the previous styling cues.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:30 AM   #11
Scooter11

Drives: 2013 SW 2LS
I really think people need to see the car in person to make an accurate judgement. Also, I was at the NY show yesterday and witnessed the Z/28 being moved (under its own power!) and it sounded incredible!!! I would almost buy it just for that, sorry I don't have a clip but the guy driving it put it in neutral after being pleaded by someone and ripped to redline. This was during VIP press hour from 9 to 10 before the public was invited in, quite a privilege! Sorry for the tangent
Scooter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:12 AM   #12
kdepew

Drives: 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT
I think the front is a little better with the refresh. I think the rear is significantly worse with the refresh. The 2010 - 2013 had an excellent rear. The 2014 has an OK at best rear. The taillights aren't nearly as nice or as unique in the refresh. If they had only changed that, then the back just wouldn't have been as good as before. However, the fact that they blacked out the car halfway up the back (and blacked out halfway through the license plate area which just looks odd) looks really bad. Poorly executed rear on the back.

I don't think the hood vent looks good. Functional or not, I think it takes away from the look of the car. Something being functional is not a valid excuse to make a car look worse IMO. I serously doubt the functionality is important for 99% of driving situations.

You should have made the thread specific to the SS, since that is what is really relevant. For whatever reason, there are alot of people who act like they love the Z/28 styling but not the SS. The Z/28 looks a little better, but I still think it doesn't look as good as the 2010 - 2013.

The Z/28 just seems hardly relevant. At the prices being discussed and with the options stripped out as they are, almost no one is going to buy one. Most people will probably never see one outside of car shows. It is something to read about in magazines and on the internet and maybe provide bragging rights against Ford. However, it isn't something you will see on the road or something that many people will really aspire to own due to a combination of the price and being so impractical as a street car (not to mention the cost of maintaining those carbon ceramic brakes). The ZL1 is expensive, but it is a great car for the street and is something to aspire to. I think most people wanted a Z28 and not a Z/28 (a high performance Camaro w/ improved looks but with all of the standard features and priced between the SS and ZL1). I understand this car is more true to the original Z/28 (except for the price), but the Z28 was around alot longer and is what many/most associate with a "Z28" Camaro.

If the 2010 - 2013 Camaro hadn't existed and only the 2014 refresh had come out with nothing to compare to, I'm on the fence as to whether I would want one. Styling is important to me, and the rear looks bad enough that I'm not sure I would want a car with that rear. I NEVER felt that way about any part of the 2010 - 2013 Camaro. I always liked every view of that car and loved most views.
kdepew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:30 AM   #13
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

The reason I did not make this an SS only pole is because we have only seen the RS version of the SS. The Z /28 has some of the non RS components to it so including it will give some indication of what a non RS SS will look like in the tail lights and head lights. I feel though that since we have not seen all the variations of the 2014 Camaro yet this pole will still need to be taken with a grain of salt. Maybe by the time more people actually see on in person and see every model can they grasp the whole picture of what these cars will look like on the street.
As of now its just a first impressions type pole. Maybe in September when they are starting to show up in dealerships and on the street we can get a better idea on likes and dislikes.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:43 AM   #14
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Not a reall fan of the tail lights. The from bumper is different, I ike the grill work but not the lower half. Not really a fan of the ZL1 lower grill work and fog lights either.