Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 01-05-2011, 01:25 AM   #1247
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Man I can't wait to see this thing! Go big or go home right? Lol how I wish I could do something like this!
Old 01-05-2011, 10:42 AM   #1248
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Well said!

And I truly respect him for his attitude and his project. I wish him best!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 View Post
Man I can't wait to see this thing! Go big or go home right? Lol how I wish I could do something like this!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:06 AM   #1249
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
What is amazing is the technology, knowledge and skill that is going into SST. I can only imagine what it will sound like, much less what it will run like.

That rumbling you hear is not thunder it is just SST.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:50 PM   #1250
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I don't care what I've done or will get.....the SST is the undisputed King of them all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Well said!

And I truly respect him for his attitude and his project. I wish him best!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
What is amazing is the technology, knowledge and skill that is going into SST. I can only imagine what it will sound like, much less what it will run like.

That rumbling you hear is not thunder it is just SST.
Thanks for all the positive comments you guys !!! That is what drives us to push a little harder.

Wish we had an exact date for further pics and videos, but it is one of those "it's done when it gets done" things. Getting the diff is a big thing too.

The funny thing about the rumble is that a TT car (unless under boost) is actually QUIETER than stock since the turbos are taking energy AWAY from the exhaust. We may end up taking the mufflers off if it is too quiet.
...but when you are under high boost, well, let's just say it is not longer stealthy.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:16 PM   #1251
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Thanks for all the positive comments you guys !!! That is what drives us to push a little harder.

Wish we had an exact date for further pics and videos, but it is one of those "it's done when it gets done" things. Getting the diff is a big thing too.

The funny thing about the rumble is that a TT car (unless under boost) is actually QUIETER than stock since the turbos are taking energy AWAY from the exhaust. We may end up taking the mufflers off if it is too quiet.
...but when you are under high boost, well, let's just say it is not longer stealthy.
I bet

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:00 PM   #1252
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I bet
Right!

So what you're saying, Bruce...is that when you're driving this thing through town, you'll avoid unnecessary attention from the local authorities....but when you're on the track and the lights turn green......

People in the stands will be straining to find the Jumbo Jet that sounds like its 200ft above them?

Old 01-05-2011, 08:08 PM   #1253
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
dude, you're killing me with anticipation!!!!!!!
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:32 PM   #1254
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Just got off the phone with the guys tonight. All underhood systems are done. Just tweaking the line loc and transbrake circuits. Also we are taking the factory 4 gauge center console pack and building custom gauges for it. Will look bone stock but will actually be boost, air/fuel, fuel pressure and egt. Just about ready to pull the motor for a trip to the dyno room. Things will really accelerate once the differential is shipped.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:36 PM   #1255
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Keep us updated Bruce. This build is coming to fruition pretty soon. I'm requesting you post engine dyno videos as soon as possible.

You wouldn't like me when I'm angry...

Old 01-05-2011, 09:49 PM   #1256
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Drives: RJTC 1SS RS L99
You are getting close now! I hope you melt a camera down taking pictures once it is back in you hands.
ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Brianskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:02 PM   #1257
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Just got off the phone with the guys tonight. All underhood systems are done. Just tweaking the line loc and transbrake circuits. Also we are taking the factory 4 gauge center console pack and building custom gauges for it. Will look bone stock but will actually be boost, air/fuel, fuel pressure and egt. Just about ready to pull the motor for a trip to the dyno room. Things will really accelerate once the differential is shipped.
you should totally change one of those to the concept 'torque' gauge!! you know it'd be friggin awesome!!
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:05 PM   #1258
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:10 PM   #1259
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Starting to feel like a janitor around here...
Attached Images

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:27 PM   #1260
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Starting to feel like a janitor around here...
Ill try not to make too much of a mess!
Attached Images

Tags
engine psi > tire psi, f5....., holy crap!, horsepower, omgwtfbbqsaucepowa!!!, speedster, sst, turbo