Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida

Old 11-23-2011, 01:01 PM   #1
ZaBeast07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: IPF SC'd 2010 LLT 2015 1SS/RS
The Worst Day any Camaro Owner Could Have......(with pics)

So on Monday I was on the way to the dealer with my girlfriend, she is looking to buy a Camaro
While stopped at a red light this happened.........

I got rear-ended....

by an uninsured.....unlicensed female.......

I don't know for sure yet what is going to happen to my car...I got a quote from what they could see but there is the possibilty that they may total it when they get it taken apart if the frame is damaged...She was doing 45-50mph when she hit meTalk about a horrible day...
ZaBeast07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:07 PM   #2
Jaime068
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS RJT
Damn feel sorry for you bro :(, I know how you feel....hope everything turns out great if not better for you and your car.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:10 PM   #3
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Sorry to hear about that. It doesn't look too bad, no wrinkles on the quarter panels or roof that I can see. Good luck.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:19 PM   #4
stb3222

Drives: 2010 2SS
Im sure this is how you are feeling
stb3222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:19 PM   #5
ya boy willz

Drives: 2011 IOM LS, 2011 CGM LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime068 View Post
Damn feel sorry for you bro :(, I know how you feel....hope everything turns out great if not better for you and your car.

I'm glad that you and your girl made it out alright though as that's what's most important. Hopefully it isn't totalled and we can cruise on out to more car shows together soon

2011 CGM LS- Injen CAI, Vmax Ported TB, Vmax Black Ice O'Lator, Carbon Fiber Bowties, Carbon Fiber Gills, Factory Spoiler, Stock SS Exhaust w/ Magnaflow x-pipe welded in & stock muffler delete, Miro 112 18x8.5 +35
ya boy willz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:22 PM   #6
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Hope you have uninsured motorist insurance. If not... eek. You could try to sue her but...
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:31 PM   #7
STINGER BEE
2010RS/SS RUMBLEBEE

Drives: Drives a 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Sorry for you brother, that sucks I just cross my fingers when I'm on the road you never know when some idiot is not paying attention like texting etc. and get rear ended and besides someone without a license.that really sucks. good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaBeast07 View Post
So on Monday I was on the way to the dealer with my girlfriend, she is looking to buy a Camaro
While stopped at a red light this happened.........

I got rear-ended....

by an uninsured.....unlicensed female.......

I don't know for sure yet what is going to happen to my car...I got a quote from what they could see but there is the possibilty that they may total it when they get it taken apart if the frame is damaged...She was doing 45-50mph when she hit meTalk about a horrible day...
Old 11-23-2011, 01:36 PM   #8
Extinct

Drives: 2002 Firehawk, 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Sorry to hear about your car. My Trans Am got hit by a drunk driver last year....so I feel for you with that. Just remember, the car can be replaced...you and your girlfriend can not. Your health and safety mean more than a new bumper or replacement car....Good to see that the Camaro that GM built did it's job to keep ya'll safe.

-Matt
Old 11-23-2011, 02:00 PM   #9
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
That sucks bad. No way it gets totalled. Zero chance from thay damage. Looks nothing like a 45mph hit. One of our members recentu was hit from behind just like that and damage is way worse. Over 10k and not totalled. He is just now getting it back next weel after about six weeks in shop.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:03 PM   #10
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
ouch, hope everything works out for the best for you
Old 11-23-2011, 02:07 PM   #11
ZaBeast07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
Sorry to hear about that. It doesn't look too bad, no wrinkles on the quarter panels or roof that I can see. Good luck.
Ya it's only the back bumper and stuff underneath...plus that GFX bumper but the Ins. is cover that!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCanSS View Post
Hope you have uninsured motorist insurance. If not... eek. You could try to sue her but...
I do have uninsured motorist coverage!! Thank God!! State Farm has done me good so far, I got it in the shop, an estimate, rental car, and everything situated with in 3hrs. I'm so glad that they are such good Insurance!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
Sorry for you brother, that sucks I just cross my fingers when I'm on the road you never know when some idiot is not paying attention like texting etc. and get rear ended and besides someone without a license.that really sucks. good luck.
The worst part was there were 2 little kids in the car that had to go to the hospital..she said they were arguing and that is why she wasn't paying attention....in my opinion she should not have been driving with a 2yr old and 4yr old with out insurance or license!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extinct View Post
Sorry to hear about your car. My Trans Am got hit by a drunk driver last year....so I feel for you with that. Just remember, the car can be replaced...you and your girlfriend can not. Your health and safety mean more than a new bumper or replacement car....Good to see that the Camaro that GM built did it's job to keep ya'll safe.

-Matt
Very true! My girlfriend has a sprained neck and I'm just pretty sore so thank god for that. She just has to take some inflammatory meds and ride it out.
I feel so bad for the lady's children....they both hit their heads and had to go the the hospital :(
Old 11-23-2011, 02:09 PM   #12
ZaBeast07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveagogo1 View Post
That sucks bad. No way it gets totalled. Zero chance from thay damage. Looks nothing like a 45mph hit. One of our members recentu was hit from behind just like that and damage is way worse. Over 10k and not totalled. He is just now getting it back next weel after about six weeks in shop.
Oh well that's a little bit of good news!
Old 11-23-2011, 06:38 PM   #13
ZachSGMSS

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM Camaro
Hey, I'm who Dave was talkin about. My car looked much worse than that, pictures here if you're curious http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174012 , and I should be getting it back Friday or sometime next week so I'd be very surprised if they total yours. Was a 45 mph hit as well. Still sucks but glad you and your girlfriend weren't hurt too bad. Good luck with repairs, hope you get yours back faster its taken me.
ZachSGMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:47 PM   #14
usf3983

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT
Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage only covers injuries in Florida. Collision would cover you for damages from an uninsured motorist.

These zeta platform cars seem to handle high impact accidents really well. The repairs would have to approach 80% of the value of the car before they total it. It doesn't seem like there is that much in damages.

@2011camaroexcited - I guess that's why I haven't seen you around. Where did that happen?

usf3983 is offline   Reply With Quote