Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-19-2009, 06:52 PM   #1
jplayer

Drives: Grand Prix :-(
ORDERED

Just ordered the car from Love Chevrolet off of Harbison in Columbia, SC

2SS/RS
IOM
Orange interior accents
Midnight Silver Wheels
Painted Engine Cover

Want the racing stripes and will get them but think that I like these better
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23101
so I left the stripe package off and will make a decision on which ones to get while the car is being built shipped.

They said that they have been telling people to expect 8 or so months for delivery but that it could be sooner or it could even be longer. I am number 11 on their list.

EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!
jplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:03 PM   #2
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by jplayer View Post
Just ordered the car from Love Chevrolet off of Harbison in Columbia, SC

2SS/RS
IOM
Orange interior accents
Midnight Silver Wheels
Painted Engine Cover

Want the racing stripes and will get them but think that I like these better
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23101
so I left the stripe package off and will make a decision on which ones to get while the car is being built shipped.

They said that they have been telling people to expect 8 or so months for delivery but that it could be sooner or it could even be longer. I am number 11 on their list.

EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!
remove the painted engine covers. they're on constraint and in the rare instant you were to get pulled right away, GM would pass you by because of the constraint.

you can order them from your dealers parts department seperatly and have them installed later.

congrats on your order and welcome to the show!

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI
2010SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:11 PM   #3
jplayer

Drives: Grand Prix :-(
They were putting the painted cover in a status as "order only if not constrained".

The guy we ordered from has one on order also and said that his got delayed because one of the options he picked was constrained so he was all to familiar with that scenario!!

He said that if for some reason that part was constrained that they would just order it later on at the dealer and install it for me...

Call me patient though... My wife and I are actively working on paying some things down and planned initially on ordering in the November timeframe hoping to be able to get it quickly after ordering then...

Since I heard it could be November or later before delivery if I ordered now we decided to go ahead and put some earnest money down!!
jplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:40 PM   #4
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by jplayer View Post
They were putting the painted cover in a status as "order only if not constrained".

The guy we ordered from has one on order also and said that his got delayed because one of the options he picked was constrained so he was all to familiar with that scenario!!

He said that if for some reason that part was constrained that they would just order it later on at the dealer and install it for me...

Call me patient though... My wife and I are actively working on paying some things down and planned initially on ordering in the November timeframe hoping to be able to get it quickly after ordering then...

Since I heard it could be November or later before delivery if I ordered now we decided to go ahead and put some earnest money down!!
i wouldn't take the chance. those covers are a dealer installed item anyway. therfor i wouldn't chance it!

either way, congrats to the both of you! i think you'll get it around end of July, first of August.......................

my wife and i were gonna wait until the Z28. as soon as GM announced that wasn't gonna happen, my wife rushed me right into the dealer...............

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI
2010SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote