Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-03-2016, 04:08 PM   #1
Badfinger

Drives: 2010 2SS
Thumbs up Installed SS Stainless Works CA11CB Catback

After wasting a lot of money experimenting with different mufflers etc. and watching all the threads on here I made my final purchase. I think. I hook-up with Juiced on Saturday, got the Camaro5 discount with free shipping and boom the FedX guy plopped them on my driveway this morning.

It was my first purchase with Juiced and won't be my last. Everything arrived in great shape and very well packed. I removed my old system this morning while waiting and the timing was perfect.

I'll post a short video and a couple of pictures soon as they upload. It was a pretty easy install with my car on jack stands and I admit I'll be a little sore tomorrow. But it was worth it. It's a little louder than I expected mainly due to the cam I think but It's the best sound I've heard to date. Sounds best with headphones.

Update: I just took a short 5 mile ride and it sounds really good in the car, no drone but robust Yeah, I'm probably going to get in trouble. "Just a minute officer I can't hear you let me turn the car off............."

OLD SYSTEM- Jegs X pipe, GM Performance Mufflers

Last edited by Badfinger; 05-04-2016 at 07:56 AM.
Badfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 04:11 PM   #2
clarkkent

Drives: 2013 2SS (sold)
(doh)

This video is private.
Sorry about that.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:04 PM   #3
trodecke

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS CRT
Nice sound! Mine won't have the cam or the LT headers but I will be going with the same exhaust and HF cats. Minus the awesome loping I'm hearing, I'm hoping to get the same kind of sound.

trodecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 06:56 PM   #4
clarkkent

Drives: 2013 2SS (sold)
Sounds good!
Old 05-04-2016, 09:06 AM   #5
NemisysL99

Drives: Camaro SS L99
if you dont mind me asking, where did you get your cam done at and what they charge you? im currently in the market for a cam swap but i need to do as much homework as possible. and is your car an L99 or LS3?
NemisysL99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 09:13 AM   #6
Stormcloak
slower than you

Drives: 2012 C6 Z06
I have this system on my car and absolutely love it (actually, i wouldn't mind it being a bit louder, lol). I did the install myself, and did a passable job, but did bring it to a shop to have everything aligned correctly and a few spot welds here and there. It's absolutely perfect now.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:29 AM   #7
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Sounds good. I am looking at GPI VVT cam and circle stall converter now. I see you have them. Gives me an idea of how mine will sound since I have the same exhaust setup.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 04:27 PM   #8
Badfinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemisysL99 View Post
if you dont mind me asking, where did you get your cam done at and what they charge you? im currently in the market for a cam swap but i need to do as much homework as possible. and is your car an L99 or LS3?
My car is a L99 and I'll try to price the job but it's hard because for one I'm in Ohio and looks like you're in Texas. But here goes and like most of my projects it grew! It began with purchasing a VVT-SS2 kit from GPI (whom I highly recommend) including the EFi tuner and tune for just around $2,000.

Then I had a local shop do the install and Labor was around $1900 and that included sending the heads out to be done, providing and installing the trans cooler hard plumbing it in no hose clamps, and also buying and installing the Circle-D converter, installing a rerouting kit for the heater hoses. And I probably for got something. Total $2,800

So all in around $4,800 plus another $1,300 for Kooks headers & HF cats, and $935 for the SW catback system. $7,000 total.
Old 05-05-2016, 04:21 PM   #9
Badfinger

Here's an outside walk around video: