Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-28-2012, 08:55 AM   #99
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
That's true. They'd been sitting on my car for some time.

She could have gotten a better deal, but she didn't get absolutely hosed. However, they are DEFINITELY trying to rip her off now!
100% agree!
Old 08-28-2012, 08:56 AM   #100
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBlack View Post
A female should NEVER make her first car purchase alone. That's not politically correct, but we are talking about sharks here (dealerships) and that's the way it is.
Actually, to fix your statement and make it both more accurate and polically correct: "Noone should EVER nake their first car purchase alone."

They will take advantage of an inexsperienced male buyer just the same as an inexsperirnced female buyer. If fact possibly more so. It would be easier to take a male buyer into going for the more exspessive high preformance model then a female. If she had been a male, the statement could have been "I was preapproved for $24,000, the dealer got me into a fully loaded 2SS/RS but now they want me to bring in $15,000 more."
MikeSVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:13 AM   #101
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 Chevy & 2021 1SS/1LE manual
its nothing to do with male or female. they try to get as much money as they can out of anyone and everyone. if they thought short people were an easier mark, they would focus on tactics to get more money out of short people. i didnt read anything that said women cant make a good deal. i think what was said is that dealers target women because dealers think they might be able to squeeze a few dollars out of them with certain tactics. they do it to us all with the hi dollar oil changes and rust proofing.
lets give this member good advice on this matter and save the bla bla for one of the (you will never believe what happened to me today in my camaro) threads.
JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:14 AM   #102
RacingSnoopy48

Drives: Nissan quest
29650 is way over priced for a 1lt! take it back get your money back and go to another dealer! you can almost get a 2lt for that price!
RacingSnoopy48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:16 AM   #103
SSBlack
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS JFB
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmmink View Post
REALLY!

Females are quite capable of doing many things on their own without the assistance of a male. If you have a female, she may be taking more things into her own hands then you are aware of, no offense. Just saying!
My comment was directed at the predatory behaviors of dealerships ASSUMING females are easy prey. I know, but I won't elaborate.

For the few that arrive educated and capable of not letting the dealership take advantage of them, more power to you.
SSBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:17 AM   #104
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNSONROD View Post
dealers target women because dealers think they might be able to squeeze a few dollars out of them with certain tactics.
This is so true. I've had so many salesmen talk to me like I'm an idiot just because I'm female. Generally, knowing more about the car I'm purchasing than they do shuts them up, but I've left a couple of dealerships and taken my business elsewhere when salesmen have talked down to me because I'm a girl.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:17 AM   #105
SSBlack
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS JFB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNSONROD View Post
its nothing to do with male or female. they try to get as much money as they can out of anyone and everyone. if they thought short people were an easier mark, they would focus on tactics to get more money out of short people. i didnt read anything that said women cant make a good deal. i think what was said is that dealers target women because dealers think they might be able to squeeze a few dollars out of them with certain tactics. they do it to us all with the hi dollar oil changes and rust proofing.
lets give this member good advice on this matter and save the bla bla for one of the (you will never believe what happened to me today in my camaro) threads.
They will definitely screw anyone they can, but they have targets.
SSBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:32 AM   #106
steveo9043

Drives: 2012 45th AE 2SS Coupe
what happened is called spot financing or spot delivery. It's when they sign a deal before actually getting the financing approved.

When I bought my Camaro I bought it on a Saturday and by the time I got to financing it was a hour and a half after the dealer closed. They did spot financing based off my credit score and they admitted to it ahead of time.

Monday I actually got a call saying my interest rate was .5% lower.

Granted there are many dealerships that "spot finance" just to get you to fall in love with the car when they know damn well they can't finance you at that interest rate.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:32 AM   #107
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Always go visit 3 or 4 dealerships before you decide on one, and tell them that's what you're doing. they will fall all over themselves to get you the best deal so you buy from them.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:00 AM   #108
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
This is regarding TX, you may want to read it:

http://www.jtexconsumerlaw.com/pdfFiles/YoYoV6N3.pdf
I retract my previous statements.
ShowSStopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:02 AM   #109
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowSStopper View Post
I retract my previous statements.
I'm going to print this out and show it to my wife so she learns to say this the few times I am right. LMAO!

Last edited by nyrfan; 08-28-2012 at 10:19 AM.
nyrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:05 AM   #110
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSVX View Post
Actually, to fix your statement and make it both more accurate and polically correct: "Noone should EVER nake their first car purchase alone."

They will take advantage of an inexsperienced male buyer just the same as an inexsperirnced female buyer. If fact possibly more so. It would be easier to take a male buyer into going for the more exspessive high preformance model then a female. If she had been a male, the statement could have been "I was preapproved for $24,000, the dealer got me into a fully loaded 2SS/RS but now they want me to bring in $15,000 more."
While dealerships will screw over anyone, females make easier targets. MOST women will not do the research that a man will do, especially on the back end APR, loan term, etc.

I'm only speaking from experience. Not trying to insult anyone, but it is a true fact that sales reps target women. They may only buy the base model, but you wouldn't believe the they get fed and they wind up paying out the nose.

That's not everybody! And yes, absolutely, there are guys that get dragged over the coals too. It happens. It's just not as often IMO.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:06 AM   #111
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowSStopper View Post
While dealerships will screw over anyone, females make easier targets. MOST women will not do the research that a man will do, especially on the back end APR, loan term, etc.

I'm only speaking from experience. Not trying to insult anyone, but it is a true fact that sales reps target women. They may only buy the base model, but you wouldn't believe the they get fed and they wind up paying out the nose.

That's not everybody! And yes, absolutely, there are guys that get dragged over the coals too. It happens. It's just not as often IMO.

I even had a salesman once tell me "and I thought this would be easy because you're a girl."

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:06 AM   #112
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
I Going to print this out and show it to my wife so she learns to say this the few times I am right. LMAO!
LOL Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Sorry I was giving bad info, but I was not aware this was possible.

So yes, you have earned the right to print it out because you are 100% right.