Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-07-2019, 11:10 AM   #1
ChaseHundreds

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Question Oracle Side Marker Longevity

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I’m just curious about everyone’s experience with Oracle Lighting side markers. In the past 4-5 years I’ve been through about 4 kits. This will be my 5th purchased is there anyway to increase the longevity of these lights? Also does anyone have suggestion for other brands out there.

Thanks for the responses in advance!
Attached Images

Current Mods: RDP Tune, Kooks LT 1 7/8, Flow Masters Outlaw Series Cat-Back, Cold Air Induction CAI, Vmax Ported Throttle Body, Elite Engineering Catch Can II Gen, Oracle Tinted Side Markers, 15% Tinted Windows
ChaseHundreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 11:21 AM   #2
mbesman
Great White

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
Hmmm...might have nixed the Oracles by now. I have stock side markers with blackout and well... never burnt out in 4 years. Cost: $6.99. Not sure your getting a good return on your money.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:28 AM   #3
paulsandhu

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I've had them on my car since 2012. So far, I have experienced LEDs burning out. I don't remember after how long it happened but I do have one that was replaced in the front after an accident in 2016 and that had burnt out LEDs within a year.

I've seen other people complain about them as well. There may be other options out there, but none of them look like Oracles and that's a bummer.

Current Modifications:
  • Hurst Comp HardDrive Stick Kit
  • K&N Blackhawk CAI
  • Anvil Carbon Fiber Notch Spoiler
  • Ceramic Coated Satin Black Wrap
paulsandhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 12:50 PM   #4
cnrad

Drives: a wagon
Gen5Concepts recently made these: https://gen5concepts.wixsite.com/gen...t-side-markers

Their stuff is nice because they design it to be used with factory bulbs, so no LEDs burning out.
cnrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 11:30 PM   #5
ghost_l2yder

Drives: 2013 camaro zl1
Thank you cnrad, while we do not use LEDs in our tail lights we do use them in our side markers, however not only is it a different type as to not look like little "dots" we also use voltage regulators and "under drive " the LEDs, this provides a stable voltage and longer life span. To date we have not had a single kit returned over a burned out led. We would like to keep it that way.
ghost_l2yder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 11:48 PM   #6
paulsandhu

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_l2yder View Post
Thank you cnrad, while we do not use LEDs in our tail lights we do use them in our side markers, however not only is it a different type as to not look like little "dots" we also use voltage regulators and "under drive " the LEDs, this provides a stable voltage and longer life span. To date we have not had a single kit returned over a burned out led. We would like to keep it that way.
Do you offer a painted, tinted lens option?

Current Modifications:
  • Hurst Comp HardDrive Stick Kit
  • K&N Blackhawk CAI
  • Anvil Carbon Fiber Notch Spoiler
  • Ceramic Coated Satin Black Wrap
paulsandhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 02:08 AM   #7
cnrad

Drives: a wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_l2yder View Post
Ah, ok got it. I must have misread your facebook post . Either way, still much better than the Oracle option . You need to come up with a nice reverse light option next, haha
cnrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 04:48 PM   #8
davesnever

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I know this is not appealing to some but I'll put it up just in case.Sometimes the cheap crap lasts just as long and you don't feel so bad when it dies.

https://www.aliexpress.com/af/camaro...wCP=y&jump=afs
davesnever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 08:43 PM   #9
ghost_l2yder

Drives: 2013 camaro zl1
Our lenses are the factory red and amber lenses. Our paint match is a gm paint with clear coat. We can do a tinted clear on top if youd like.

Last edited by ghost_l2yder; 03-11-2019 at 12:01 PM.
ghost_l2yder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 04:17 PM   #10
GetSmart

Drives: 2013 Black SS
I've had mine for about 3 years, no problems. The only problem I have had is with one of my Afterburners 2.0 having some segments go out, but Oracle has replaced them before and said they will do it again. Love Oracle products.
Rotofab CAI, VMAX PTB, Borla S axle-back, Dynatech SuperMaxx 1 7/8" headers/HF cats, No weeds exhaust diverters, Apex air scoop & catch can, Rohana wheels, MPD1 Z-Force Hood, BTR Stage 3 cam, Vitesse Throttle Controller, etc...
GetSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 06:48 PM   #11
BossRS4

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSmart View Post
I've had mine for about 3 years, no problems. The only problem I have had is with one of my Afterburners 2.0 having some segments go out, but Oracle has replaced them before and said they will do it again. Love Oracle products.
I have had my Afterburner 1.0's go out 4 times now (4 individual lights). They have been replaced for free each time but it is still a pain to re-do everything. But they look so nice and are really bright! I do enjoy them.

So far good luck with my Oracle side markers, I will keep my fingers crossed. Also, I purchased another brand before, and the oracle ones are a lot more bright.
45% Tint on Windshield
Roto-Fab Cold Air Intake
Oracle Afterburner Tail Lights
Oracle LED Sidemarkers
RDP Tune
TSP Long Tube Headers
Forza Componenti 3-Way Exhaust Controller
ZL1 Addons Wicker Bill
BossRS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 06:51 AM   #12
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
I have had mine for in for 9 yrs. Mine are painted IBM and ghosted. The left rear side one had 5 of the dots burned out. I called Oracle told them the problem. I sent it in and they replaced the light bar free. No other problems since.
Old 03-28-2019, 06:55 PM   #13
Eddiefuzz

Drives: 2011 RS
lights

I've had a set from EBAY for over seven years with no problems. They are clear lenses with 5 Amber lights for the front and 5 Red lights for the rears.
Attached Images

Last edited by Eddiefuzz; 03-28-2019 at 06:56 PM. Reason: add photos
Eddiefuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 03:26 PM   #14
Cheap Guy

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiefuzz View Post
I've had a set from EBAY for over seven years with no problems. They are clear lenses with 5 Amber lights for the front and 5 Red lights for the rears.
The clears really look great on your car. I'm cheap so I'll probably go with the eBay ones or just get the regular non-LED clears and use an LED bulb.

First - 1997 Camaro 3800 Y87, M5, Green - Gone | Second - 1997 LT1 Z28, M6, Silver - Sold | Third - 1999 LS1 Z28, M6, Pewter, Almost Stock! - Sold
Current - 2011 Camaro SS, M6, black, 1LE suspension parts - Current
Cheap Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lighting issue, oracle lights, oraclelighting