Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-02-2014, 03:01 PM   #1
velocity149

Drives: 2014 2SS RS LS3
2014 SS Fuel Mapping Chart??

So I hear alot about the "fuse pull", and have done a few searches, and it looks as though there is confusion about the LS3 M6. My dealer told me that they put regular fuel in the car, and that it is ok to do so... I want to run on premium, so will I experience a "lag" between starting to run premium and getting the full effect (if any).

As well, will it void the car's warranty to do the following?
-run wires and a switch to the servo motor in charge of opening/closing the exhaust flaps? I want to experiment with this, but dont want to ruin the warranty?

Thank our veterans for peace today, Support our troops for peace tomorrow. RIP Dad, 1962-2012 SYOTOS
velocity149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:05 PM   #2
Squillo

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS BRM LS3
As far as the exhaust goes, just try pulling the fuse in the trunk before you go do anything intrusive. My guess is you'll be happy with that and not put the fuse back in.
Squillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:17 PM   #3
nvofevery1

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS 6 Sp Dusk Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squillo View Post
As far as the exhaust goes, just try pulling the fuse in the trunk before you go do anything intrusive. My guess is you'll be happy with that and not put the fuse back in.
Yep. I did the fuse pull and it's never going back in. Go for it, you'll be happy with the results.

nvofevery1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:00 PM   #4
danvillekidd
2013 ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 m6
The SS IS designed to run on regular without hurting the engine. I've never seen anyone document the LS3 not relearning the high table the way the L99 did. It should relearn the high table, but if you dont want to wait for it to relearn you can do the fuse pull. Here is some info from the fuse pull thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAZZ View Post
#PIP4728: Higher Than Expected 0-60 MPH (97 KPH) Acceleration Time - (Nov 4, 2009)

Subject: Higher Than Expected 0-60 MPH (97 KPH) Acceleration Time

Models: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro

with V8 Active Fuel Management Engine (RPO L99)

and 6 Speed Automatic Transmission (RPO MYC)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
Some customers may complain of higher than expected 0-60 MPH (97 KPH) acceleration times when hot ambient temperatures are present. In some cases, they may report 0-60 times around 7 seconds.

This may be the result of the vehicle being filled with regular grade unleaded gasoline at one time. If the vehicle has been filled with regular unleaded gasoline, the ECM may be compensating for the lower octane by retarding the ignition timing during certain driving conditions.

Recommendation/Instructions:
If SI diagnosis does not isolate the cause of this concern, perform the suggestions below if the customer wants the best performance from their Camaro:

In an area where it is legal to do so, take a snapshot of a 0-60 WOT acceleration event and compare the vehicle speed parameter to the snapshot timer to determine the 0-60 MPH time.
Determine what gasoline octane the customer has been filling the vehicle with.
• 2a. If they have never used anything but premium unleaded with a posted octane of 93 or higher, go to step 3.

• 2b. If they occasionally use regular or mid-grade gasoline, the gasoline must be removed from the tank and it must be refilled with premium fuel of 93 octane or greater. This can be done by advising the customer to switch to premium fuel of 93 octane or greater and returning after a few tanks of premium fuel have been consumed. Or, if immediate results are necessary, drain the fuel tank, refill it with premium fuel of 93 octane or greater, and drive the vehicle at least 15 miles to purge the old fuel out of the fuel rail and lines.

Reprogram the ECM with the latest TIS2Web calibrations to reset the ECM adapts. Normally this reset can also be accomplished by pulling the 2 main ECM fuses (F13R and F20U) shown in the ECM Power, Ground, MIL, and Serial Data Schematic (SI Document # 2209065).
In an area where it is legal to do so, take another snapshot of a 0-60 WOT acceleration event and compare it to the original snapshot to determine if the 0-60 MPH time has increased. If an increase is noted, advise the customer that they should only use premium unleaded gasoline with a posted octane rating of 93 or higher to continue getting the best performance from their Camaro. This is outlined on page 8-45 of the owner's manual. GM Connect Message G_0000037144 was also sent out on 9/2/2009 about filling stock units with premium gasoline.
danvillekidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:27 PM   #5
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity149 View Post
My dealer told me that they put regular fuel in the car, and that it is ok to do so...
Time for a new dealer.