Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 03-28-2012, 08:25 PM   #1
nicave13@gmail.com
LED god

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange Camaro SS/RS
My Transformer and LED light obsessed build

My car is a personal expression of myself. Growing up I loved Transformers, Tron, Dukes of Hazzard and Knight Rider. I also love muscle car's and Camaro's. So far I've owned about 24 cars such as a 94, 95 and 96 Impala SS all black, 87 Pontiac Trans Am GTA, 87 Iroc-z, 95 Firebird Formula, 97 Trans am, 98 Camaro Z28, Mitsu 3000 GT, Mercedes S500, 7 Ford Taurus/Sable (1 SHO) and even a Reliant K bought for $50.

This however is my last and favorite car! As soon as I saw the First Transformers movie and Bumble Bee changed to the new Camaro I was hooked! That was 2007, so I had to wait till July of 09. Yeah, I got an SS ASAP!!! Initially I wanted Red, and sometimes still do, but I love the Inferno Orange accented interior and I found one! Anybody that got an SS in July of 09 knows how hard it was. I didn't pre-order, I got one off the lot and for sticker!!! Well I did drive to Chicago to pick her up, and it helps when you pay cash$$$

I wanted this car to express my love of those iconic TV shows. It's the color of the General Lee, or close It has a Knight Rider Scanner. I also made the wheels glow like on Tron Finally being a Camaro it is a Transformer too!!! Don't get it twisted, all GM products and especially Camaro's are Autobot's!!! Ford's are Decepticons :P

Please read to the end. My skills have grown and my product is always the best I can do! Almost everything you see is different and unique to this car. I take ideas and run with them and make them awesome!!!

Thanks for viewing.

Car is a 2010 SS/RS bought new July 24, 2009 built July 2, 2009 three days before my birthday. It is Inferno Orange with special interior, stripe package and polished wheels. Paid no mark up Currently has 42k.

CHECK OUT MY NEW HD VID'S!!!

I have this to say to the haters before they make a negative comment.

Opinions are like A-holes, we all got em and they all stink. By exposing yours you show what you are.

We are all on here for a shared love of cars and Camaro's in particular. Let's keep things positive. Since the day in 2009 I got this car people have had negative things to say, what does that say about the self esteem and confidence of the commentor? Thank you, that is all.
Attached Images

Last edited by nicave13@gmail.com; 02-06-2013 at 11:04 PM. Reason: add comment
nicave13@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:27 PM   #2
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Looks good. Nice pics by the way.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:33 PM   #3
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Looks good, man. You ever thought about changing the bowties up at all?? I think that could make a dramatic appearance change in your car...in a good way!!

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:28 PM   #4
rayray11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Inferno Orange
The LED in the recess looks really good. Love the car.
rayray11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:34 PM   #5
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
looks awesome
Old 04-01-2012, 08:04 PM   #6
nicave13@gmail.com
LED god

Picking up my baby, got her July of 2009!!!

You can see me, huge dork and her in the special room they put sold car's. It's all sealed and nobody is allowed in. This was Bill Jacob's Chevy in Joliet Illinois. Got her for sticker too, in 2009

Second pic is how I picked her up by myself, plus I didn't want 400 miles of constant speed on a 21 mile car. I varied speed and rpm for first 1500, yes I'm that ridiculous.
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2012, 08:15 PM   #7
nicave13@gmail.com
LED god

Second Project, Orange LED Halo's and Billet Grilles:)

I thought long and hard about both of these items. The car's face is the most important feature. I have still never seen a better looking front end combo. I went with Orange Halo's because they are legal. I keep them on all the time, and they look killer. They didn't even have the color change ones at this point. I was extremely nervous popping my brand new HID headlamps into a 250 degree oven and prying them apart. I even stabbed my arm in the process. If you look you can see the full bottom circle, which even the factory couldn't replicate. I feel this makes mine not only unique, but superior as they resemble evil shrouded eyes Hence the name, El Diablo.

Pic of bumper off, in my living room, finished, and in my warehouse.
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2012, 08:16 PM   #8
shanmoon

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Nice! I am jealous of the mailslot on the SS. I am considering retrofitting my 2LT with one, just so I can add the Knight Rider style LED, lol.
shanmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:33 PM   #9
nicave13@gmail.com
LED god

Decided to start the transformation to becoming a Transformer!!!

Here are some, yes some, of the projects I have done to make my car into and better than a Transformers edition Camaro. And not the third movie edition, because I'm an old school Megan Fox kinda guy all the way

First was the emblems on the fenders. Don't like the factory ones, way to big and thick. Also the price!!! Mine are metal and $5 of ebay :P One stollen already so glad they are cheap too :P

Second was the wheel caps, factory ones at $55.

Then I found the Transformer word for the hood on E-bay cheap. Kit came with 3 in case I screwed up installing one. Nice of them, and my girlfriend Rita suggested the rear window. I think it ended up nice, if not factory, and let's people behind know what's up.

Then I got the door sill plates, factory from GM, like $70 something.
Attached Images

Last edited by nicave13@gmail.com; 02-06-2013 at 11:07 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:58 PM   #10
nicave13@gmail.com
LED god

Totally Custom!!!

So my girlfriend Rita and I were walking down the Vegas Strip, where I live, and saw one of those light up to the music shirts. I was like I need that in my car. She remembered I wanted the center console to look like the Transformers edition and suggested the Transformer one... Well the one we saw was blue, so hello E-bay and $11 later I had an orange one and a free shirt... I custom wired a DC inverter to power it. One of those cig adapters. I added the voltages of the 2 AA's batteries running it, selected that voltage and wired it in place of the batt's. Good luck our car's having 12V outlet's in the center console. Oh, than the upholstery... $200 something dollars later it is better than factory and has the orange stitching. Trust me, it get's the biggest grins ever!!!

Showing the newly upholstered console and the old piece. Installed from a couple different angles.

Finally check out the video!!!

New HD Vid!!!

Beatles
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1746514704922

50 Cent
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1737818447521

50 Cent
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1737829407795
Attached Images

Last edited by nicave13@gmail.com; 09-18-2012 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Add links
Old 04-01-2012, 11:24 PM   #11
nicave13@gmail.com
LED god

Stereo Project

So when I was younger I used to install stereo's. My car's... Friends, even boats. I am by no means the best, but I do a good clean install and make the best with what I have. I decided to use cheap stuff, but quality if that makes sense. I started with the best adapter off the factory head unit. Than wire for the sub amp I used 0 gauge and gold terminals. I found a nice ready made box on E-bay for cheap that would fit three ten inch woofers, sealed. I chose Boss equipment cause it's cheap and can sound good. I used three 10" woofers "rated" at 1200 RMS each. The amp is a Class D Monoblock "rated" at 2400 RMS at the Ohm's I am running approx 3 ohms with all 3 DVC woofers first wired in a series than parallel at the amp. The amp has a remote mount bass boost knob, I mounted below dash out of site. I tuned the system for normal listening with the knob at 0, and you can add all the bass you want after. Stereo sounds great up to about 30 even though the rest is all factory for now, amp and speakers. It all cranks!!!

The pic's show my wiring behind the headunit, the big magnet's on the woofers, the amp and wiring job with capacitor and subs. Check out the finished sub pic, totally Transformers I simply took some poster quality images off Google, printed them at Wal-Mart for $.16 each and stuck them on with double sided tape. 1 year and they all work and look perfect
Attached Images

Last edited by nicave13@gmail.com; 06-15-2012 at 05:33 PM. Reason: adding pictures
Old 04-02-2012, 02:37 AM   #12
nicave13@gmail.com
LED god

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanmoon View Post
Nice! I am jealous of the mailslot on the SS. I am considering retrofitting my 2LT with one, just so I can add the Knight Rider style LED, lol.

My friend in MO has a 2LT and had a brand new SS bumper painted and installed to have the knight rider... The shows we love as kids
Old 04-02-2012, 06:18 AM   #13
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
looking good.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:36 AM   #14
nicave13@gmail.com
LED god

My second LED project, Project Knight Rider!!!

So this was, and still is one of my largest undertakings. I had seen some color change fog lights and thought, "that's cool, but I can do better" In researching them I found the Knight Rider light and weatherproof RGB strips. This was before they used 5050 RGB lights in the fog's, but it's to late now... lol and I like the lights rotating around as they change. I used one controller to do both fog's and both RGB strips mounted facing rear behind both grilles. I liberally used zip ties and wrapped my work in Orange for obvious reasons. The install went great, except the pic you see with bumper off and lights on was me heading to Home Depot without a front bumper I sat in a lawn chair playing with them all night long after I finished. Oh, and I worked from 9am to 2am with breaks for food and such. And it was cold!!! Well for Vegas.

I wish this is where the story ended... But the I am on like my 5th Knight rider light and second controller. I think I've had that bumper off like 10 times!!! I can get it off and on in less than 1:20!!! lol Don't ask how I know.

Pic's show bumper off, fog's cut in half with the dremel I had to drive and get, un-wired bumper and finished wiring job, and finally the finished product. Does all colors, but sickest in red

Check out my video!!!

New HD Video!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by nicave13@gmail.com; 02-06-2013 at 11:11 PM. Reason: add link

Tags
led transformers turbo