Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-18-2013, 06:32 PM   #15
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
got any drive-by vids or revs?

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:20 PM   #16
NJCamaro21

Drives: 2011 Summit White 1LT
Yah I love the sound at start up, as I do with most of these set ups. For me atleast, its the revving that I feel is different from video to video that I watch. Would love to hear a rev or driveby before I make my final decision on a setup.
NJCamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:08 PM   #17
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
Wow, I so cant wait to do this! Have you reconsidered adding an MRT exhaust or are you still planning on adding mufflers? I myself am gonna try removing the MRT exhaust and see how it goes.

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:25 PM   #18
Taw0193

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT RS
I will go make a couple more video's to post tomorrow. I made this one right before I left the house for a bit. What kind of video's specifically would you like to see? I'm assuming just a standard rev video. How about an in cabin noise video at 70mph? acceleration etc? let me know what you want to see and I will get to work on it :-)
Old 04-18-2013, 11:32 PM   #19
Taw0193

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ ATOMIX View Post
Wow, I so cant wait to do this! Have you reconsidered adding an MRT exhaust or are you still planning on adding mufflers? I myself am gonna try removing the MRT exhaust and see how it goes.
Honestly man, I have a friend who got the MRT 1.0 and he was the first person I showed when the exhaust got installed. Needless to say he is not only jealous but he is pissed that he spent almost double what i spent and mine sounds better XD So needless to say i'm in no rush to get anything else done to the exhaust unless its shortys and high flow cats... but I believe I can do with this sound for now. :-D I am not going to lie to you at all, it DOES NOT sound like a V8, nor was that my intention when installing this. So when the rev video does come don't judge it too harsh =P
Old 04-18-2013, 11:48 PM   #20
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taw0193 View Post
Honestly man, I have a friend who got the MRT 1.0 and he was the first person I showed when the exhaust got installed. Needless to say he is not only jealous but he is pissed that he spent almost double what i spent and mine sounds better XD So needless to say i'm in no rush to get anything else done to the exhaust unless its shortys and high flow cats... but I believe I can do with this sound for now. :-D I am not going to lie to you at all, it DOES NOT sound like a V8, nor was that my intention when installing this. So when the rev video does come don't judge it too harsh =P
Delete the smaller rear cats and replace with a piece of pipe and watch the exhaust note deepen with a sub 100 dollar mod. You will also gain a decent performance boost from doing this mod. Also you wont trigger a cel from doing this.

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:51 PM   #21
NJCamaro21

Quote:
I will go make a couple more video's to post tomorrow. I made this one right before I left the house for a bit. What kind of video's specifically would you like to see? I'm assuming just a standard rev video. How about an in cabin noise video at 70mph? acceleration etc? let me know what you want to see and I will get to work on it :-)
A standard revving video from the outside would be the top of my list to hear. An acceleration from the outside would be second. But you don't have to kill all your time doing both or more. Whatever is easiest for you dude. Thanks alot btw! And to your post below, I know what your saying about the whole "v8" sound. It's a v6 and we all know that, but it can still sound badass haha
Old 04-19-2013, 12:06 AM   #22
Taw0193

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJCamaro21 View Post
A standard revving video from the outside would be the top of my list to hear. An acceleration from the outside would be second. But you don't have to kill all your time doing both or more. Whatever is easiest for you dude. Thanks alot btw! And to your post below, I know what your saying about the whole "v8" sound. It's a v6 and we all know that, but it can still sound badass haha
I will get them done tomorrow! I am off all day with nothing better to do. The only reason I mentioned the V8 thing is because I have noticed a trend on this forum with people bashing V6 exhaust "Because it doesn't sound like a V8" lmfao! Who cares! :-D
Old 04-19-2013, 01:51 AM   #23
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
I have straight pipes and no resonators.

Mine sounds like a v8 up to 3k rpm, after 3k it sounds like a Ferrari!

Yours sounds great though, but mine has that rumble at idle (not cold start) that I have been trying to get for so long.
chicagobulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:25 AM   #24
supaman

Drives: CGM w/IOM rally 2LT/RS
the all too familiar sound. I have the perf-X and 2.5 straight back. I am constantly getting compliments on my exhaust note. i'll be putting up newer vids soon since my system has fully broken in. hopefully i'll have time for a full set(start, idle, rev, take-0ff, take-off heavy, take-off tapshift, fly by.

Rumblebee is on the prowl!
supaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:30 PM   #25
Taw0193

Sorry its way late guys... Death in the family and didnt get time to shoot this till today... Enjoy...

Old 05-04-2013, 12:46 AM   #26
NJCamaro21

Quote:
Sorry its way late guys... Death in the family and didnt get time to shoot this till today... Enjoy...

First off my condolences to you and your family.
Secondly, thats the best set up that I have heard and have been waiting to hear before pulling the trigger on my exhaust. That's a winner! Great job, this is what I'm going to do. Good looks dude with the video
Old 05-04-2013, 07:50 AM   #27
Taw0193

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJCamaro21 View Post
First off my condolences to you and your family.
Secondly, thats the best set up that I have heard and have been waiting to hear before pulling the trigger on my exhaust. That's a winner! Great job, this is what I'm going to do. Good looks dude with the video
Thanks dude! I really do appreciate it! People might give you crap for going with 3in instead of 2.5 but, 3 is the way to go FOR SURE.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:28 AM   #28
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Sorry to hear about your loss.

Car sounds good, man! Nice job.

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote