Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Old 11-30-2013, 08:33 PM   #1
elarson5757
Obsessed and Loving It...

Drives: 2013 1LE-SS
Recommended Pic Size

Guys,

What's the recommended pic size for uploading to my posts?What I have done so far seems MUCH bigger than the std forum width and ends up HUGE.

Eric
elarson5757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:43 PM   #2
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by elarson5757 View Post
Guys,

What's the recommended pic size for uploading to my posts?What I have done so far seems MUCH bigger than the std forum width and ends up HUGE.

Eric
The default resize ... size is 800 pixels, anything larger than that should automatically get shrunk down if you are uploading it as an attachment.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #3
elarson5757
Obsessed and Loving It...

Drives: 2013 1LE-SS
So are you saying when I upload it's default re-sizing to the correct size? Take a look at my Members Car build thread to see what I mean. Thanks in advance.
elarson5757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:52 PM   #4
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
The default resize ... size is 800 pixels, anything larger than that should automatically get shrunk down if you are uploading it as an attachment.
They only get automatically resized if you use the IMG tags to link them. Direct attachments don't get resized.

Old 12-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #5
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by elarson5757 View Post
So are you saying when I upload it's default re-sizing to the correct size? Take a look at my Members Car build thread to see what I mean. Thanks in advance.
Thats what I'm saying ... unfortunately, I don't really know why I said that because its wrong:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
They only get automatically resized if you use the IMG tags to link them. Direct attachments don't get resized.

If you are directly uploading (instead of linking from a hosting site) then the pics are going to show up as their regular size.

Alright, back to helpful advice. The amount of cutoff will depend on the screen screen that the picture is being viewed on. With my laptop at its normal 1366 wide resolution, on the first pic in your thread I only have to scroll over to view the last 2/3 of your Jeep -your car is in full view (and nicely centred in the viewing space). But at a lower res, such as 1024 I can only see about half the picture. On the other hand, if I had a very high res display (1600 or 1920) I could see the entire picture with no problem.

Point being, there isn't really a single 'standard' size that you can pick for images, what gets displayed depends on the individual computer its getting viewed on. If you want it to show the maximum size possible, set the image width to about 260 pixels less than the display width you are using. Thats how much space is taken up by the 'forum stuff' like the black border and user info column.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 07:29 PM   #6
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Sorry to bump this 'old' thread but, I'm noticing my '[img]' tags no longer set to the 'unexpanded' size -- they are now full size -- I've tried on my ipad, pc, and android -- did we loose an option or do we have to 'reset' it?

Did a search and it stated 'using the img tag will auto size' -- does not look like that is happening right now...

YouTube links are also broken...

-Don

Last edited by hammdo; 04-23-2018 at 09:21 PM.
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote