Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

View Poll Results: After watching the video, would you expect GM to void your warranty?
Yes I would expect my warranty to be voided for tracking my car 42 50.60%
No GM clearly states this is a track car and it should be covered 41 49.40%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2015, 12:46 AM   #15
Destructo09

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/LS3
Pfft, my 2010 is almost 6 years old, what warranty!?

I do autocross and HPDEs, bring it on!!!

You gotta pay to play my friends. If you wanna track a car, don't expect much warranty when you toast the brakes.
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Hurst Billet short shifter
Square tire/wheel setup
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Stainless Power longtubes/highflow cats
K&N Typhoon CAI
RPM Motorsports of Garner, NC dyno tune (421 RWHP)
Destructo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:50 AM   #16
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
why do have to be that way six, it's just a poll, not a court case. I posted the vicarious liability post becasuse that is the term for what Al is doing. He is creating a policy that is not SOP, and most courts will make them honor them. I guess you will want to argue that though too.
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:56 AM   #17
SixSpeeder

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by backeddy View Post
six, this has nothing to do with me, I do not care if gm ever fixes my car again, I am just curious what people think without all the bullshit attached from everyone's opinion. but I guess that is out of the question huh?
It's beating a dead horse, and it's pointless. You have almost 400 replies to your other thread, and now you make a poll with a loaded question that is intended to be answered in the way that you want it to be answered, and for what purpose? What do you hope to accomplish by creating yet other thread on your well discussed issue? GM didn't falsely advertise anything, and there are many things that can be done to a track ready car that can break it's components. Abuse on the street or track is not covered by your warranty, driving your car into the dealership with the tires still smoking (not literally) was not a smart move.

Is your issue a manufacturer's defect? Probably, but not definitely. Does GM have to cover it under warranty? No, because you made it obvious to your dealer that you were driving the car very hard before you started having the issue.

SixSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 01:00 AM   #18
backeddy
Banned

Come on six, how is it loaded? please let me know, I want to do it right. the other was just a bunch of us piling on without reading, just taking sides. I thought I set this up as clean as possible I only used terminology that al clearly states???????????
Old 02-26-2015, 01:17 AM   #19
SixSpeeder

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS
It's a loaded question because you ask the voters to watch a video of the head engineer of the Camaro talking about how the car was designed to be used on a track, and how capable it is on a race track. And then you ask the voters if they would expect this vehicle's warranty to be voided if taken on a race track. The problem is that the video makes no mention of a factory warranty, nor is any relevant info about warranties mentioned in the video. The 1LE is a street legal car, not purely a track machine. It is very capable on a race track, but nobody said anything about a fully intact factory warranty on a vehicle that has been raced. In fact, GM calls attention very plainly in the owner's manual that states otherwise, it's not like it's in the fine print.

SixSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 01:36 AM   #20
backeddy
Banned

fair enough......My side is that as an employee doing a sales video, he vicariously brings all of GM with him, knowingly or not....you are responsible for what your employees say and do during the function of performing their jobs.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:36 AM   #21
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
fighting the battle via this forum has run its course. you're using employment status to bastardize the legalese. that said I like your car very much and I like Voggs as well. I'm outta here...
snarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 03:52 AM   #22
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
To me I've always taken away that yes, go have fun with your ZL1, 1LE, and Z/28 at the track. If a part breaks while you're track testing your car, you still maintain the warranty (defect in materials/workmanship within reason, obviously). BUT- competitive driving or timed events equals "racing" and racing the cars are considered in the category of abuse.

I do agree the idea gets a bit muddled as what you can and can't do and maintain the warranty. But special purpose cars does not mean "race car" to me. They're street-legal cars that can also withstand some weekend track and tune time, that is all.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 03:58 AM   #23
revived
Vrrrm.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Buddy, no car mnf warranties tracked cars.

Wake up and smell the coffee. Let's be real!

If you haven't noticed that yet your stupidly far from reality.

This video just shows you how to make $ selling lies. It's not a track car. It was just built with more track oriented parts doesn't make it less prone to breaking from track day punishment.

revived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 04:52 AM   #24
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Drives: 2014 White 1LE 2SS/RS/NPP/Rec/Nav
At least we have a warranty.

Buy a hemi cuda back in the day... and you got squat for warranty. Didnt matter that the cuda never saw track action.

Voted to void. The video doesnt really answer your poll question, so I had to vote my opinion. The video never clearly stated as in your second poll question.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:27 AM   #25
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
How is the dealer going to find out that you took it to the track? If you're dumb enough to tell them, then you don't deserve a warranty.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:50 AM   #26
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
I voted void, but I feel in most cases, you would get it covered. In my opinion, the verbiage is put into the warranty to protect GM, but they also have the discretion to do what they want to do on a case by case basis.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 08:55 AM   #27
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2014SS View Post
How is the dealer going to find out that you took it to the track? If you're dumb enough to tell them, then you don't deserve a warranty.
This is the question that popped into my head right away, how are they going to know?
Old 02-26-2015, 09:03 AM   #28
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
I've voted and have been strong in my opinion in the other thread, but I don't agree with this way this poll is worded. Again, its worded as if there is a singular warranty that can be voided in some way shape or form. There isn't.

GM warranties EACH AND EVERY part on my car for 3 year/36 thousand miles with the exception of wear items like the brakes, tires, windshield wipers, and the clutch disk. I should be able to convert my car to a full-out race car with roll cage, slicks, Wilwood brakes, racing seats and harnesses, etc ... and if one day, the latch on my glove compartment were to break, GM should fix it. My modifications and my racing would have NOTHING at all to do with the glove compartment latch breaking.

Those of you in this thread with the "pay to play" attitude are really shooting yourselves in the foot. Let's say that you drag race your car this weekend, have a great time at the strip, and nothing bad happens to your car. Your car is completely stock. 2 months from now, your DIC and HUD both go dead in the middle of your drive home from work. You pay to play people truly believe that its perfectly fine for GM to deny your warranty claim because two months earlier, your car participated in a timed event?

Because that's what you're saying.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote