Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-08-2011, 10:11 AM   #57
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post

Either way, installing this spoiler in the current design is going to be either annoying and time consuming, or very expensive. I think it will be a very limited market when you factor in all of the costs, like Darth Martel has been saying. Hell, the spoiler I want is $385 painted and shipped and I feel like that's an arm and a leg.

That's exactly my point... I think most people want a painted spoiler for under $400 that they can simply remove the old spoiler and bolt on a new one. Most people don't want to mess with the added cost of painting or hole filling. That's the market. If these guys can do something like that then they'll make some sales. If not, eventually there will be a spoiler that comes along that fits people's needs. We'll just have to wait. I applaud these guys efforts for at least gauging interest and asking what changes are wanted. We'll see what happens.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:55 PM   #58
2010CamaroOutlaw

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Martel View Post
That's exactly my point... I think most people want a painted spoiler for under $400 that they can simply remove the old spoiler and bolt on a new one. Most people don't want to mess with the added cost of painting or hole filling. That's the market. If these guys can do something like that then they'll make some sales. If not, eventually there will be a spoiler that comes along that fits people's needs. We'll just have to wait. I applaud these guys efforts for at least gauging interest and asking what changes are wanted. We'll see what happens.
what they could probably do is tweak the posts some so that you can use at least 1 of the factory holes on each post then you either need to add 1 hole or more than likely you can use some of that really good adhesive 3m tape to keep it in place.
2010CamaroOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:09 PM   #59
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

my guess is that they have to make their own design based off of the original Firebreather spoiler. It's as simple as moving the pillars to where the factory drill holes are in the design... done. It's not a reinvention of the wheel or splitting an atom. I'm assuming that these things are made from castings so, it's just implementing the design into a casting as opposed to simply copying the original.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:29 AM   #60
mycamaroisred

Drives: 2010 camaro
Carbon fiber yess
mycamaroisred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:08 AM   #61
camchris

Drives: 2010 yellow
Ok, we are waiting for some final production values to come back. However this project has a green light from the factory.

I will begin the pre-order process in a week or so, only needing a half deposit to reserve one.

Hope to have an update shortly guys, thanks!
camchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:10 AM   #62
camchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010CamaroOutlaw View Post
How much would it cost us LA guys to have it installed and the holes filled at your shop? I am interested for sure but I would want it professionally installed and if the price is right I will do it, carbon fiber for me for sure.
I have a great shop to get you into- but I don't know their prices off the top.

If you drive up to Elk Grove it may cost anywhere from 80-150 at the shop we contract with.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #63
camchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroMiami View Post
Would it cost more to make the spoiler with factory holes replacement?

I think the holes and weight is mostly the concern to the: "I want it now buyers"
No doubt, I know the development side of Viniati will make the holes match factory holes, I will confirm however.

ALSO...Light weight is always our top priority since many of these wings will be on cars that are going to be performance bound. Or at least I know mine will!

These wil not be BONDO or WOOD sculptures weighing down the trunk!
Old 01-11-2011, 01:33 PM   #64
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

music to my ears chris... thanks for the update brutha
Old 01-12-2011, 12:17 AM   #65
2010CamaroOutlaw

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camchris View Post
I have a great shop to get you into- but I don't know their prices off the top.

If you drive up to Elk Grove it may cost anywhere from 80-150 at the shop we contract with.
Cool any word on one in carbon fiber?
2010CamaroOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:26 AM   #66
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010CamaroOutlaw View Post
Cool any word on one in carbon fiber?
+1
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:46 PM   #67
camchris

I am thinking it will be too expensive to you if we do full carbon. I was thinking to do a carbon top instead?
Old 01-12-2011, 05:58 PM   #68
speedy_g

Drives: CAMARO RS V6
If i changed my wing it would be with ths one looks bad ass ! how much?
speedy_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:57 PM   #69
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

I'm not sure why everybody gets all hot and bothered over carbon fiber. It has zero appeal to me. I will not be purchasing one of these with carbon fiber anywhere on it.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:40 PM   #70
camchris

UPDATE:
We are finishing the design ideas for the people who have the oem holes on the trunk. The designer is working on a creative idea for it

Thanks for your patience!