Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 01-09-2009, 06:05 PM   #1
2010 SS
Elderly Man

Drives: Your Local Bus
Exclamation Camaro V6 vs. Evo X

The last SS Camaro vs 370Z thread proved quite informative and useful for shoppers in that $30k range. Next up I feel is Mitsubishi's "top dog" vs Chevy's lower entry.

I just wonder with similar HP how each car would stack up against each other?

Evo X: 291 HP est 3,500 lbs ($30k)
V6 Camaro: 300 HP est 3,700 lbs ($22k)

How might they stack up vs each other? Drag strip? 0-60?

Last edited by 2010 SS; 01-09-2009 at 06:54 PM.
2010 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 06:08 PM   #2
Gary B

Drives: Subaru
Evo will run circles around it.....thats a badass lil car! Apples to oranges though.
Gary B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 06:18 PM   #3
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
I don't really know why you would compare the V6 Camaro to a car that costs more than the SS and the 370Z

Last edited by TheClassicCarKid; 01-09-2009 at 06:44 PM.
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 06:44 PM   #4
RealQuickCamaro

Drives: Yellow
diffterent cars, different levels, your comparing two two different cars, and the camaro is not 3,900 LB, its 3,7XX in v6
RealQuickCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 06:55 PM   #5
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Here is a comparison between the G8 GXP (SS powertrain) and the EVO.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=137186
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 06:58 PM   #6
2010 SS
Elderly Man

Drives: Your Local Bus
Well I meant they are similar horsepower, semi-similar wieght and coming from this vehicle and moving towards the Camaro, it's an even competition and one hell of a savings.
2010 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:04 PM   #7
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClassicCarKid View Post
I don't really know why you would compare the V6 Camaro to a car that costs more than the SS and the 370Z
You could say the same thing about the competitors of the ZR1. All exotics cost a lot, but the ZR1 costs a lot less. Cost doesn't determine performance, so we should keep that in mind when considering the competition.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:21 PM   #8
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
You could say the same thing about the competitors of the ZR1. All exotics cost a lot, but the ZR1 costs a lot less. Cost doesn't determine performance, so we should keep that in mind when considering the competition.
Okay, but usually cost does determine performance.

Like you would expect a 40,000 dollar sports car to be faster than a 25,000 dollar sports car.
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:28 PM   #9
kylepo

Drives: 2002 firehawk.....missing 02CE
Quote:
so are you saying the camaro and evo are similar cars at all???? because they are not and this comparison is stupid. and yes the evo will make the V6 look silly. for about twice the money.
kylepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:31 PM   #10
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Evo will destroy it, no doubt. These 2 cars are nothing alike anyways so there is no point in comparing!
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:39 PM   #11
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylepo View Post
so are you saying the camaro and evo are similar cars at all???? because they are not and this comparison is stupid. and yes the evo will make the V6 look silly. for about twice the money.
In all likelihood, the Evo will run down the V6, but I really think that people have put the LS3 on a pedestal when the engine we should be nearly worshiping is the 300-hp LLT. We should be bowing down and drooling over the fact that this V6 will beat any classic Camaro or Mustang V8. The LS3 and L99 engines do exactly as they should. They almost match Corvette performance by the numbers, and they beat the other pony cars.

Yes—there are a lot of cars that will beat the V6, but those wins won't be by a large amount. We're not talking about your average V6 here. The horsepower gap is evidence enough that the LLT will compete with, if not beat, any car between 200 and 350 hp. When I say that it will compete, I mean that it will steal buyers and perform on a comparable level. With light modification, the LLT will get ahead of many cars that will hand it defeat out of the factory. Being as responsive to mods as it is, we should be grateful that GMPP is supporting it with a few bolt-ons. Soon, we'll have aftermarket cam options, tunes, and other components. We already know that Pedders is building a GM-authorized suspension, and that forced induction will be in the works once companies get to play with it.

The truth is that if you want to race other cars, the V6 is actually more competitive than the V8. The 400 ponies that the V8 boasts won't attract as much attention from potential opponents because they'll know that defeat is inevitable. People who want to race will race to win, and if you're driving an easily underestimated V6, then people will want to run you into the ground. How great will it feel to take a modified LS or LT and crush a 350Z. Can you imagine being 16-25 years old with steelies and a supercharger cruising to a stoplight when an Eclipse pulls up boasting a buzzing exhaust can and a subwoofer? If the V6 loses to 350Zs and Geneses, then it did what it was supposed to do: draw attention. If a modified one wins, it shows the durability and performance of a GM V6 and how superior the LLT's technology is to companies that have been "experts" at turbo I4s and V6s for decades.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:53 PM   #12
Sctrjn21

Drives: 11 Ford Edge, 09 Lexus
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealQuickCamaro View Post
diffterent cars, different levels, your comparing two two different cars, and the camaro is not 3,900 LB, its 3,7XX in v6
I agree.. why compare these cars.. the only thing similar is the price range.
Sctrjn21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:02 PM   #13
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:
In all likelihood, the Evo will run down the V6, but I really think that people have put the LS3 on a pedestal when the engine we should be nearly worshiping is the 300-hp LLT. We should be bowing down and drooling over the fact that this V6 will beat any classic Camaro or Mustang V8. The LS3 and L99 engines do exactly as they should. They almost match Corvette performance by the numbers, and they beat the other pony cars.

Yes—there are a lot of cars that will beat the V6, but those wins won't be by a large amount. We're not talking about your average V6 here. The horsepower gap is evidence enough that the LLT will compete with, if not beat, any car between 200 and 350 hp. When I say that it will compete, I mean that it will steal buyers and perform on a comparable level. With light modification, the LLT will get ahead of many cars that will hand it defeat out of the factory. Being as responsive to mods as it is, we should be grateful that GMPP is supporting it with a few bolt-ons. Soon, we'll have aftermarket cam options, tunes, and other components. We already know that Pedders is building a GM-authorized suspension, and that forced induction will be in the works once companies get to play with it.

The truth is that if you want to race other cars, the V6 is actually more competitive than the V8. The 400 ponies that the V8 boasts won't attract as much attention from potential opponents because they'll know that defeat is inevitable. People who want to race will race to win, and if you're driving an easily underestimated V6, then people will want to run you into the ground. How great will it feel to take a modified LS or LT and crush a 350Z. Can you imagine being 16-25 years old with steelies and a supercharger cruising to a stoplight when an Eclipse pulls up boasting a buzzing exhaust can and a subwoofer? If the V6 loses to 350Zs and Geneses, then it did what it was supposed to do: draw attention. If a modified one wins, it shows the durability and performance of a GM V6 and how superior the LLT's technology is to companies that have been "experts" at turbo I4s and V6s for decades.
Extremely well put sir
Old 01-09-2009, 09:40 PM   #14
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
the evo will put the v6 camaro to shame. however the ss camaro might put a fight against the evo. in a staight line...
after pricing both the camaro 2ss and evo x the evo came 7k cheaper than the ss. the camaro came with ss2 package, rs package, hurst shifter, rally stripes totaling 54,xxx$. while the evo full loaded with the recro package came to 47,xxx$. not sure how it works in the USA but in canada the camaro is stupid expensive.

however my comments are a little bit bias, as im going to be getting myself a evo x.