Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-03-2008, 10:02 AM   #1
darthknight72

Drives: 1983 trans am
Why no Camaro in My Own Worst Enemy?

Can we please get some air time for the new Camaro in this show.I like the show,but i would like to get some pony car action thrown in there.It would be super-cool to see this car in some cool car chases,or at the very least show edward driving it around once in a while.
darthknight72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:19 PM   #2
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
I agree, other than a couple quick looks in episode one, there has been no Camaro. This program is brought to you by GM. I've seen the Traverse commercial a few times, and a ton of foreign car ads. Why does a show sposored by GM have mostly foreign car ads? Am i missing the psychology of that?
Old 11-03-2008, 01:30 PM   #3
Rallyman6

Drives: '10 2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, Roof
Quite disappointing to say the least - good show, wondered what happened?
Maybe now he's back from Mexico we'll see the Camaro on the next episode?

2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, 6MT, IO Interior, Roof, Eibach Sways, BC Coilovers, BMR Swing arms,Barton Short Shift, BBK LT's, GMPP exhaust, Hi-Flow Cats, MAST Stage 2 Cam, CAI = 470RWHP
Rallyman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:09 PM   #4
Chevyzone

Drives: Chevy's
Yeah, I agree, where's the Camaro? I like the show, but I'm always waiting for Edward, or is it Henry...to jump in the Camaro. Even if there's no chase scene's, it would be a nice addition to the program if they would let the Camaro have a few cameo appearance's.

Last edited by Chevyzone; 11-05-2008 at 10:51 AM.
Chevyzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:46 PM   #5
darthknight72

Drives: 1983 trans am
I was under the impression that the Camaro was going to be a big fixture in the show.Why did GM want to put what im sure is a ton of money to showcase the Camaro ,when its not even getting regular airtime.I like the show regardless,but not having the car appear in the series,at least once or twice a episode seems a little dim-witted to me.
darthknight72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:00 PM   #6
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
I don't really think there was a place for it in the last couple episodes.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:01 PM   #7
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
The series premiere was brought to you by GM, not the series. And the camaro has been spotted in some more clips of future episodes. I really don't know about tonights episode, but unless it was cut from the series after the fact, we should see it again. You have to remember, this ain't knight rider, it is not a show about a car. this is an entirely new series that needs to take the time to introduce all of the characters and the plot line. I'm looking for the clips that have additional footage that i saw like a month ago, but i'm workin a 70 hour shift this week, your gonna have to give me time on that one..
Old 11-03-2008, 04:03 PM   #8
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
I don't think there is an episode tonight. It's back next week.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:11 PM   #9
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
its been replaced by the mustang

Old 11-04-2008, 07:36 PM   #10
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I would like to see more of the Camaro, but gratuitous shots would take away from the show. If it serves the story to have it in, it will be there. But the car isn't supposed to be the focus of the show, unlike Ford's weekly commercial . . .
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:10 AM   #11
WCFB-Russ

Drives: ?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I would like to see more of the Camaro, but gratuitous shots would take away from the show. If it serves the story to have it in, it will be there. But the car isn't supposed to be the focus of the show, unlike Ford's weekly commercial . . .
once the camaro goes into production, they should have an episode like in the original Knight Rider - a kind of face off where the car gets demolished and has to be rebuilt (when GM came out with the convertible F-Body again)..only this time they have to make it better, faster...

and thats when they put the camaro in the Rustang's place...muahahaha...
Old 11-05-2008, 06:36 AM   #12
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Normally a film crew would have a fleet of cars to smash explode crush jump race chase etc. At the time they got the car I believe it was 1 of only a handful, they can't afford to lose it doing something crazy. If the show continues to run for awhile you can bet they'll eventually thrash and trash that car since that's what is gonna happen to it anyways eventually.