Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 05-23-2011, 03:57 PM   #3459
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by chain777 View Post
Why not just post this stuff in the "other cars" section? I know I appreciate it, and enjoy reading and debating, isn't that the whole point of a forum? I don't know why it upsets some people to see it here, it is in the mega thread, which is easily avoided, but whatever. Some people just can't take the heat of competition...
Nah, someone would just chase me down and find it offensive or be sensitive to the material. I'm just going to leave it out of the forum, it actually saves me some time as I don't have to consolidate it all and write it down. However, I will continue to dig because I like knowing things. I don't know if I should be posting some of that stuff I hear anyway, I don't know if it is something somebody could get in trouble for but nobody has ever said anything to me so I guess it didn't hurt. It will be in the news eventually I guess...
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:03 PM   #3460
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
Nah, someone would just chase me down and find it offensive or be sensitive to the material. I'm just going to leave it out of the forum, it actually saves me some time as I don't have to consolidate it all and write it down. However, I will continue to dig because I like knowing things. I don't know if I should be posting some of that stuff I hear anyway, I don't know if it is something somebody could get in trouble for but nobody has ever said anything to me so I guess it didn't hurt. It will be in the news eventually I guess...
I guess that means you don't have to post anymore info about the Gen V V8. I mean, they may wind up in the Camaro eventually but this is a Camaro only forum. Right Guys?
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:16 PM   #3461
20Camaro11

Drives: SS
I am disapointed in some of the members of this board. I appreciated contributions to this site by ThePill. I realize it may be off topic, but as a car enthusiast, it was interesting to read what may be in the works. I don't know what else to say that wouldn't get me crosswise of some of the oversensitive types....I have said my peace...continue on.
20Camaro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:37 PM   #3462
Huggerorange73
Banned

Drives: The REAL C5
Send a message via AIM to Huggerorange73
How about this.....want to learn about Mustangs, go to a Mustang site. Want to learn about Challengers, go to a Challenger site. Want to learn about Camaros, go to Camaro 5.

Don't mind the banter in the vs. thread as most of it is in good fun....but the level some people take it makes you think this is a Ford site.

As far as the " 50 year old rival " thing goes....try posting up some love for Ohio State on a Michigan forum, or Yankee love on a Red Sox forum.
Huggerorange73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:56 PM   #3463
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggerorange73 View Post
How about this.....want to learn about Mustangs, go to a Mustang site. Want to learn about Challengers, go to a Challenger site. Want to learn about Camaros, go to Camaro 5.

Don't mind the banter in the vs. thread as most of it is in good fun....but the level some people take it makes you think this is a Ford site.

As far as the " 50 year old rival " thing goes....try posting up some love for Ohio State on a Michigan forum, or Yankee love on a Red Sox forum.
I think if you posted up the roster of their greatest rival or rumored draft picks, you'd probably get a discussion and comparison of the same on whichever team the forum is for. I don't think anyone thinks this is a ford forum, especially when they go into a "camaro vs mustang mega thread" and see mustang info. ZOMG. Mustang info in the, "camaro vs mustang mega thread," insanity!!!
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:57 PM   #3464
20Camaro11

Drives: SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggerorange73 View Post

At the end of the day....it is just a website. With the amount of interest in muscle cars rising in this latest battle, I wonder why the owners/operators don't expand this site and start a Challenger and Mustang board. Camaro5 is without a doubt one of the best websites I have seen in a long time for a particular car enthusiast. Take that and build something for the other people and expand instead of chasing would be members out the door.
20Camaro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:52 PM   #3465
assasinator
1 n the head,2 n da chest

Drives: 2002 cadillac deville
i enjoy discussing the pros and cons of various vehicles with the folks who owns them. debating a camaro on a ford site is useless. i have never owned a camaro. Tracy has owned two and a vette. if she wanted a 5th gen i'd get it for her. so just because im not a camaro fan doesnt mean i have no place here.
2011GT E85, Kooks 1-7/8", 3" offroad X, 2-7/8" overaxles, Roush mufflers, CobraJet intake, SCJ monoblade throttle body, drew 4.5" CAI, Boss302S exhaust valve springs, Baby CobraJet exhaust cams. 3.73 gears, lightweight 300A. 455rwhp @7800/410rwtq SAE 5000lb roller dynojet
assasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:58 PM   #3466
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
I always wanna be an equal opportunity offender so..................I got one of each. One of them is better than the other, I just can't decide which one.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:11 PM   #3467
Inferno2SS

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
The title of this thread is Mustang vs Camaro. I assumed that it was to talk about all the different vehicles in comparison to each other. Why click on a thread with that title if you are going to get bent about someone posting Mustang info?

I could understand if people were going into random threads posting Mustang crap into other threads but this is the VS section.
Inferno2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:24 PM   #3468
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno2SS View Post
The title of this thread is Mustang vs Camaro. I assumed that it was to talk about all the different vehicles in comparison to each other. Why click on a thread with that title if you are going to get bent about someone posting Mustang info?

I could understand if people were going into random threads posting Mustang crap into other threads but this is the VS section.
Exactly. Whats the point of having a Camaro VS Mustang thread if your only going to allow camaro related discussions in the thread. It becomes a thread for bashing the Mustang instead of one for comparison. While your at it, why don't you just get rid of the vs category if people are just going to be offended by discussion involving other brands.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:32 PM   #3469
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
Exactly. Whats the point of having a Camaro VS Mustang thread if your only going to allow camaro related discussions in the thread. It becomes a thread for bashing the Mustang instead of one for comparison. While your at it, why don't you just get rid of the vs category if people are just going to be offended by discussion involving other brands.
I'd have to agree here, although I'd have to say there is a difference between comparing both vehicles instead of "informing" us about one specific competitor. One is where you obviously realize both cars exist, while the other you just post information that the great majority of the vistors, including the lurkers, here do not care to learn about; they don't visit a Camaro forum to learn about the Mustang. I don't mind the mustang folk in the least, as long as they post their information in that one thread. The simple fact is that the mod squad here is being lenient; they know this forum caters exclusively to the Camaro and not its competition.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:14 PM   #3470
08-G35s/6MT

Drives: racecars
The *Camaro Versus* section is really slow today.
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:59 AM   #3471
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Again, there is nothing about the debate that we want to squash. We simply are trying to ensure that we don't have members here who's ONLY purpose is to tout the competition.. At the end of the day that's all we are saying.

If you are a member here it is expected that you at least have some interest in the camaro and be able to be objective about it's strengths and weaknesses.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:44 PM   #3472
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
What does a stock GT500 typically do in the quarter mile?

WITH DRs.

Tags
camaro, camaro vs mustang, cobra, faster, mods, mustang, race