Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-09-2010, 07:39 PM   #29
Chief Bob

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 SIM CTF Car M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanCutCreations View Post
You don't know? Did the shop just say "Well.... I don't know.....$850.00....I guess?" They did not give you a breakdown of the charges and what they were going to do to your car for the price? Is that what you are telling me?
I just had them paint them on---I didn't ask for a breakdown--it was a good price and I saw one they had done previous to mine--that was good enough for me........Hourly rates and parts prices are the shops responsibility not the consumers IMHO

Apparently I got a great deal and I won't complain!

Chief Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:41 AM   #30
CleanCutCreations

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Bob View Post
I just had them paint them on---I didn't ask for a breakdown--it was a good price and I saw one they had done previous to mine--that was good enough for me........Hourly rates and parts prices are the shops responsibility not the consumers IMHO

Apparently I got a great deal and I won't complain!
This right here people is why there are such a wide variety of prices when it comes to customizing ANY part of a car. Please ask questions of the shop you choose and know EXACTLY what that shop plans to do to your pride and joy throughout the course of the changes and the quality of parts/paint they use. This keeps everyone happy and makes sure there are no suprises. This story seems to have a happy ending, but I have seen this blow up in the face of the customer many times. All I am trying to say is shop around, ask other customers about the work habits and quality of work a shop produces. I can tell you one thing for sure, AT MY SHOP THE CUSTOMER WILL KNOW EXACTLY WHAT EVERY DOLLAR THEY SPEND IS GOING TO! It's only fair to the customer....
An educated consumer is my BEST customer........

Last edited by CleanCutCreations; 04-10-2010 at 11:30 AM.
CleanCutCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:01 AM   #31
Chief Bob

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 SIM CTF Car M6
This is my last response to this thread-I'm happy and am done debating pricing
Charge what you want and people can pay what they want

Chief Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:28 AM   #32
CleanCutCreations

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Bob View Post
This is my last response to this thread-I'm happy and am done debating pricing
Charge what you want and people can pay what they want
Bob,
I'm Not in any way trying to make this negative. I'm sorry if you think that it is going that way. I'm just trying to give the board as much info as possible so that no matter where they get mods done they are well informed about their purchases. All I ask is that consumers compare apples to apples when shopping for modifications for their vehicle.
CleanCutCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 01:07 AM   #33
import_killa

Drives: 2SS IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiserSoze View Post
I know it varies from place to place, but I'm just trying to figure out a good ballpark figure of what is reasonable to pay. So, how much did you pay to get your stripes painted and what type of body shop did you use? Dealership, independent body shop, Maaco, hot rod-specific shop, etc. From the prices of some of the vinyl stripes, I'm thinking it's more cost-effective to have them painted.

had mine painted for 700 hood and truck and they are smooth
1 7/8 AR headers, roto-fab CAI with radiator, fuse box, and valve cover, cam, upgraded fuel system with 85lb injectors, under drive pulley, TVS 2300 S/C, muffler delete, aftermarket wheels, AAC headlights fogs sidemarkers footwell dome and trunk lights.....That's 659.9 RWHP 611.9RWTQ

T
import_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:26 PM   #34
DaFisch
Master Amateur Mechanic

Drives: Victory Red 2011 2SS/RS
how much do you guys think it would cost to get hashmarks painted on?
DaFisch is offline   Reply With Quote