Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #1
JR-Vette

Drives: 1999 500 HP Corvette
Brand New 2013 with 1LT A/C no works unless

Brand new, Owner lives in OR but bought this 2013 from a dealer in Ca
Arrived with about 200 miles on it and you'd think the dealer would have checked all functions of the car but did not

A/C when owner pushes the A/C button lights up and turns fan speed dial will NEVER come on ( blows hot air only) , if at idle, driving, starting with A/C ON or off.

I found when simply removing the A/C relay (engine off) ( top left of fuse panel) and putting it right back in and then starting engine, turn A/C on and it WORKS.

Turn engine off, then start again A/C will not work again ( compressor clutch not being engaged).

Using OBD scanner shows A/C is commanded ON but noting but hot air.

Tried this several times and even swapped that relay with another one in fuse block of same type and same results.

What is causing the relay on shutdown not to go into proper state and ONLY removing relay just for a second, plugged back in and A/C will work just for that startup ?

Any bad lot of these relays or fuse box wiring pin or ground issues ?

Thanks
JR-Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR-Vette View Post
Brand new, Owner lives in OR but bought this 2013 from a dealer in Ca
Arrived with about 200 miles on it and you'd think the dealer would have checked all functions of the car but did not

A/C when owner pushes the A/C button lights up and turns fan speed dial will NEVER come on ( blows hot air only) , if at idle, driving, starting with A/C ON or off.

I found when simply removing the A/C relay (engine off) ( top left of fuse panel) and putting it right back in and then starting engine, turn A/C on and it WORKS.

Turn engine off, then start again A/C will not work again ( compressor clutch not being engaged).

Using OBD scanner shows A/C is commanded ON but noting but hot air.

Tried this several times and even swapped that relay with another one in fuse block of same type and same results.

What is causing the relay on shutdown not to go into proper state and ONLY removing relay just for a second, plugged back in and A/C will work just for that startup ?

Any bad lot of these relays or fuse box wiring pin or ground issues ?

Thanks
JR-Vette,

Congratulations on your 2013 Camaro. I apologize for the displeasing situation you described with the air conditioning. I recognize your attempts at solving the issue greatly, though I would encourage a dealer visit for a possible permanent fix to the air conditioning in the vehicle. I could even set that visit up for you if you'd like. Feel free to send me a PM regarding this matter. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-11-2013, 07:02 PM   #3
JR-Vette

It's not my car thus the owner will have to go to the only Chevy dealer in their area

You would have thought to prevent problems that the dealer in state of Ca who sold this new 2013 would have checked to assure everything would work since owner received the car with 200 miles on it by the dealer :(

I thought maybe someone knew of a TSB or known issue of maybe a bad lot of relays or fusebox wiring issues
Old 05-11-2013, 08:07 PM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Oh I see,

Thanks for the clarifying. If you had the VIN, I could research that issue with their particular vehicle in greater depth.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-13-2013, 08:18 PM   #5
JR-Vette

Follow-up
After seeing the wiring drawings for A/C it was found that one of the wires to high side pressure sensor had a bad crimp of wiring pin.

Once fixing that the A/C runs fine now

This means crap Quality Assurance by the build plant and worse the dealer in southern Ca in hot weather who drove the car for 200 miles before selling it had to be dumb and lack any quality in assuring a new car is checked out before taking the big bucks for the sale.
The owner only had the car less then 2 weeks and the A/C did not work from day one.