Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #1
Gizz69
Tony

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Blk/Blk
2013 ZL1 MyLink Issue

So I just bought a 2013 ZL1 10 days ago and I have noticed that the MyLink system is exhibiting some odd behavior. Most of the time I just leave it on the Audio screen and let it show me what is playing (USB, XM, etc). However, at times I like to see the Navigation screen so I can look for upcoming roads or if traffic is slowing to see how bad it is ahead. The traffic option is incredibly accurate around me (Atlanta), so it is a nice feature.

Here is the issue however... Whenever I touch the NAV button or use the touchscreen to select the Navigation, the map comes up and will stay active for 20 seconds to 5 minutes and then automatically reverts to the audio screen. This is annoying as hell, as sometimes I am in the middle of typing in an address for the Navigation to guide me to or really keeping an eye out for something.

Has anyone else seen this issue? I have tested this more than 30 times now and it happens without fail each and every time without me doing anything. The car can be in motion or sitting idle.

I just called my dealer and the sales guy is going to talk to the shop guy there that works on this part of the car to see what he may be able to help out with. I just wanted to ask if anyone here has seen or heard of anything like this?

Thanks!
Old 06-18-2013, 06:05 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizz69 View Post
So I just bought a 2013 ZL1 10 days ago and I have noticed that the MyLink system is exhibiting some odd behavior. Most of the time I just leave it on the Audio screen and let it show me what is playing (USB, XM, etc). However, at times I like to see the Navigation screen so I can look for upcoming roads or if traffic is slowing to see how bad it is ahead. The traffic option is incredibly accurate around me (Atlanta), so it is a nice feature.

Here is the issue however... Whenever I touch the NAV button or use the touchscreen to select the Navigation, the map comes up and will stay active for 20 seconds to 5 minutes and then automatically reverts to the audio screen. This is annoying as hell, as sometimes I am in the middle of typing in an address for the Navigation to guide me to or really keeping an eye out for something.

Has anyone else seen this issue? I have tested this more than 30 times now and it happens without fail each and every time without me doing anything. The car can be in motion or sitting idle.

I just called my dealer and the sales guy is going to talk to the shop guy there that works on this part of the car to see what he may be able to help out with. I just wanted to ask if anyone here has seen or heard of anything like this?

Thanks!
Wow,

Congratulations on your new ZL1. I'm sorry you have encountered MyLink concerns as I'm sure that is displeasing for you. Please keep us updated on whether this gets taken care of or not.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-19-2013, 09:05 PM   #3
Dexter9522

Drives: SS
I haven't had that issue yet with my navigation. I have however had it freeze on a certain screen and not change sources. Like 6 cycles of the ignition fixed it. Also the ac speed on the screen stays on a certain number from time to time but it still works manually. Keep us posted on the navigation issue maybe it's just a software update
Dexter9522 is offline   Reply With Quote