Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-10-2012, 05:25 PM   #1
Drake Heminger

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
Ordering Questions

I had a question... going off of the 08' run, when can you start predicting a delievery date... month or weeks can some one tell me what status you must be at to figure all this out.. im in a financial issue and want to make sure i have a enough to meet the down payment... thanks for you guys help. Drake
Old 01-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #2
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Usually, a car arrives at the dealership 2 to 3 weeks after it's production. So if your TPW is January 30th (which means the week of and not the day) and the car has been in production for quite some time then you could expect it a month later. Keep in mind that TPW (target production week) means just that - "TARGET".

With the ZL1's however, expect a few more delays as all early models go through a "hightened" quality control process. Some will be subject to additional inspections from senior plant employees.

Also, add another week to the delivery time if you have the stripe option over the roof.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:26 PM   #3
Drake Heminger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Usually, a car arrives at the dealership 2 to 3 weeks after it's production. So if your TPW is January 30th (which means the week of and not the day) and the car has been in production for quite some time then you could expect it a month later. Keep in mind that TPW (target production week) means just that - "TARGET".

With the ZL1's however, expect a few more delays as all early models go through a "hightened" quality control process. Some will be subject to additional inspections from senior plant employees.

Also, add another week to the delivery time if you have the stripe option over the roof.
Thank you so much! ((:
Old 01-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #4
tmandoug1
Deep Sea

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Below is what I sent to my dealer:

This is what info I have for you at this time, the B92 is only available on allocations that were picked up 12/20/11. The ECF hood insert is on constraint until they get the vendor issue resolved. The word is that your allocation will not get picked up if it has that B92 code until the issue is resolved, that being said I would like to keep my original order because that is what I want. This may mean that your number one allocation,,,"me" may not get picked up until late January or Feb. . The strange thing is that you stated you had four allocations and none of them have moved, unless you ordered two for the floor first. My allocation should have been picked up Dec 20th but was not. Of course I base this all on rumor mill from other dealers and reps on Camaro5 so who knows.

I gave him all of that info and this is what I got back:

Okay, we will leave it alone at this time.

Should I be worried?
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:32 PM   #5
Drake Heminger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmandoug1 View Post
Below is what I sent to my dealer:

This is what info I have for you at this time, the B92 is only available on allocations that were picked up 12/20/11. The ECF hood insert is on constraint until they get the vendor issue resolved. The word is that your allocation will not get picked up if it has that B92 code until the issue is resolved, that being said I would like to keep my original order because that is what I want. This may mean that your number one allocation,,,"me" may not get picked up until late January or Feb. . The strange thing is that you stated you had four allocations and none of them have moved, unless you ordered two for the floor first. My allocation should have been picked up Dec 20th but was not. Of course I base this all on rumor mill from other dealers and reps on Camaro5 so who knows.

I gave him all of that info and this is what I got back:

Okay, we will leave it alone at this time.

Should I be worried?
Playing it by ear... pretty much leaving it the same and see if it goes through production that way... if not it will get kicked back and u will be waiting alot longe then expected... personally if i ordered it i would delete it... get the car with regular hood and see if you like it... if not then wait til u can buy it over the counter... really its a win/win plus the black insert matches every other insert and looks meaner
Old 01-11-2012, 04:35 PM   #6
DonNC

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS/2012 ZL1
If a dealer has orders for all their allocations, can the dealer "preference" one order over another as to the order in which their allocations are built or does GM pick the orders at their discretion?
DonNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:43 PM   #7
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonNC View Post
If a dealer has orders for all their allocations, can the dealer "preference" one order over another as to the order in which their allocations are built or does GM pick the orders at their discretion?

YES ... Orders can be preferenced ... Mine for example was P-1