Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 07-02-2014, 09:14 PM   #1
RobRiot88

Drives: 2010 SS 6m, black on black.
LS3 rebuild help

Hey guys, My turbo camaro has been plagued with problems and has yet again got a boo boo. It was saying, "low oil pressure, shut off now". The oil gauge read 0 and the oil pressure sending unit had been soaked from what i thought was the previous incident where the valve cover gasket blew out by the #8 cyl. and it went to shit like it knocked a ring off. I replaced the sending unit and then tried again. This happened...

Idk what that was but I've started disassembly so far and so far I can only tell the valve cover blew out by the #1 cyl. It did it by #8 last time.
havent taken the covers off yet though. clearing out the bay still. Anyon who has some input or suggestions maybe. I'm open to all help and advice. Thanks everyone.
Old 07-04-2014, 10:23 PM   #2
6 gun

Drives: 2010 ss 6 gear
I would say that if You are pushing out valve cover gaskets then the pressure inside the engine is way too high. Could be blowing out other seals as well. IDK.... I have a little turbo car that I play with, but never anything like that.
6 gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:33 AM   #3
GTUPONIT

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue & 2017 SS White
How much boost are you running? Might also look into the spring in the blow off valve might be too rigid. Tone it down until things work together and then slowly increase the boost.