Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 05-09-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
AlexM

Drives: Used to be 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
2LE (Z28) fantasy?

I am dreaming to a 2LE with auto and MR (or a non supercharged ZL1). What do you guys think? Some would call this Z28.

Love to have the ZL1 front/rear, wheels, steering wheel (bottom flat), magnetic ride on an auto 2SS based car. Lighter and no gas guzzler tax, better MPG, great looks and still fast with great handling. This should be about 8K less than the ZL1. At 46K it will do very well on the market. Throw a mod or two at it and call it a day!

AlexM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:25 PM   #2
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Wade through this Section...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136

Or, better yet, start a POLL...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:51 PM   #3
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
If the Z28 had MRC then it wouldn't be allowed in SCCA, right?
Old 05-09-2012, 03:26 PM   #4
amz
Factory Correct

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
My Z28 would be an SS , lightened by a few hundred pounds [wheels-no backseat-plexiglass-carbonfiber] ,roll cage,3.91 gear, and most electronic luxury gone.
amz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:01 PM   #5
Kent2010

Drives: Camaro SS
An automatic Z28???

I know the advantages of an auto in drag racing -- but in a road racing model like a Z28?

Not sayin' you *can't* ... just sayin'!

Last edited by Kent2010; 05-09-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Kent2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:56 PM   #6
zogster

Drives: 2014 RRM ZL1 M6
Yeah, Z/28 should not have an automatic. If you want an automatic buy a ZL1.
zogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #7
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Post this in the Z28 section. But first put on your flame suit.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #8
The SwiftChancelor

Drives: SGM, 2011 2SS/RS, L99
Don't you all remember the z28 4th gens weren't just manuals and they had back seats. Same for the 3rd gen, I think.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:42 PM   #9
AlexM

Hahahaha, I see I touched a sensitive area when I mentioned the Z28. I was thinking mainly to how lots of people refer to Z28 as in 4th gen Z28 (all the V8 with exception of the SS). With this in mind, let's forget my reference to Z28 and focus on the, say 2LE with the options that I suggested. Anybody else thinks this could be a success? I am thinking to a car that can be a DD, weekend racer, tour around the country and to look breathtaking as the ZL1 looks, all in one. ZL1 was suggested, but I aim to the large general average people that can't afford 60K on a car that has insane insurance and 19MPG or less. Don't get me wrong, money aside, I would buy a ZL1 in a heartbeat, but could not afford. Camaro was not meant to be a high $ car, it was meant to be the high performance low cost that anybody can afford if you are asking me. Now, even a 40K SS is a bit pricey, let's face it (it is probably price based on the huge success of the 5th gen).
I am strongly looking at a 2013 2SS, but would buy a "2LE" with the specs suggested on the beginning of the thread.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #10
AlexM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SwiftChancelor View Post
Don't you all remember the z28 4th gens weren't just manuals and they had back seats. Same for the 3rd gen, I think.
Thanks The SwiftChancelor! My point exactly.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #11
AlexM

Bump
Old 05-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #12
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Alex, first of all, welcome to our lil corner of CamaroLand.

This section, over some considerable time and discussion, has spent a fair amount of time formulating an all-Gen-friendly (?!) version of the iconic ZEE...and the closest GM has come to creating such a version is the soon-to-come 2013 1LE which, fortunately or otherwise, is a 6-speed manual-only version...for now.

Z28 means a dozen different things to 12 people...and you can figuratively consider yourself as one of those "dozen". Where the lines get a lil bit murky is when the Gen-3 and -4 versions are regarded as the "proper" versions, for that version already exists. It's called the SS, currently...the Base V8 version with some handling, appearance and comfort upgrades from the Base V6 versions. The 2013 SS will feature further improvements/enhancements that no doubt will improve owners' experiences.

Would/will GM build an Automatic version of "our" desired version? Anything's possible...including Automatic ZL1s, whose availability surprized more than a few...

There DOES seem to be a distinct deliniation between a Z/28...and a Z28... Frame of reference is the "problem".

Again, welcome!
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:06 PM   #13
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Alex, first of all, welcome to our lil corner of CamaroLand.

This section, over some considerable time and discussion, has spent a fair amount of time formulating an all-Gen-friendly (?!) version of the iconic ZEE...and the closest GM has come to creating such a version is the soon-to-come 2013 1LE which, fortunately or otherwise, is a 6-speed manual-only version...for now.

Z28 means a dozen different things to 12 people...and you can figuratively consider yourself as one of those "dozen". Where the lines get a lil bit murky is when the Gen-3 and -4 versions are regarded as the "proper" versions, for that version already exists. It's called the SS, currently...the Base V8 version with some handling, appearance and comfort upgrades from the Base V6 versions. The 2013 SS will feature further improvements/enhancements that no doubt will improve owners' experiences.

Would/will GM build an Automatic version of "our" desired version? Anything's possible...including Automatic ZL1s, whose availability surprized more than a few...

There DOES seem to be a distinct deliniation between a Z/28...and a Z28... Frame of reference is the "problem".

Again, welcome!
Welcome to all the newcomers in the Z/28 forum! Lowdown, you have made (as usual) some excellent points, as you can see my frame of reference is Z/28, in my mind the whole heritage of the Z/28 was due to the first gens. and the very early 2nd gens (say '70/'71). I think that my ideal version for a 5th gen. Z/28 would follow pretty darn close to the long Z/28 threads that have been going on over the course of a couple of years. I would not want an auto Z/28 for myself, but I guess if enough people demand it (as they did with the ZL1) that perhaps Chevy would do an auto, then again, the 1LE is manual only, so who knows. I look forward to some good discussion with members that are new to the Z/28 forums, I would highly suggest that you read some of the long threads to get an idea of what has already been discussed.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:21 PM   #14
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
Welcome to all the newcomers in the Z/28 forum! Lowdown, you have made (as usual) some excellent points, as you can see my frame of reference is Z/28, in my mind the whole heritage of the Z/28 was due to the first gens. and the very early 2nd gens (say '70/'71). I think that my ideal version for a 5th gen. Z/28 would follow pretty darn close to the long Z/28 threads that have been going on over the course of a couple of years. I would not want an auto Z/28 for myself, but I guess if enough people demand it (as they did with the ZL1) that perhaps Chevy would do an auto, then again, the 1LE is manual only, so who knows. I look forward to some good discussion with members that are new to the Z/28 forums, I would highly suggest that you read some of the long threads to get an idea of what has already been discussed.
Clyde

I truly believe we will get our 5th gen. 2LE-Z/28.
As Clyde stated please read through some of the Z/28 threads before posting thoughts that have already been posted...........and posted.......... and posted.

One more thing......... trolls and nonbelievers, tighten your shoe strings.

Fightinfire921 is offline   Reply With Quote