Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-11-2010, 11:51 AM   #1
IPS Brandon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS black
Send a message via AIM to IPS Brandon
D1SC procharger LS3 nets 736whp/633wtq

This is a clients car that we have been servicing on and off since he purchased the car. He choose a procharger d1sc kit, with a custom cam and yielded the following

After working with the D1sc kit at 8 psi noticing very high AIT temps we knew we needed to add some method to cool them down, either by meth, or a bigger IC. We chose meth injection, with a custom alky control kit which we are going to be re-selling shortly once we finish mounting plate jigs.

Back to the car at hand. Its modifications are fairly simplistic.
-Procharger D1SC tuner kit
-65 lb/hr Bosch injectors
-Custom ground cam
-Dual spring and retainer package
-Stainless works 1" 7/8ths long tubes and SW's exhaust
-160 thermostat
-NGK tr6 plugs, gapped to our specifications.

We were targeting 10 psi after the addition of meth, and are seeing about 9.1-9.3 psi currently, which is what the car is making via data logs, and dyno output readings.

As you can tell the car has a few fat spots in the tune, which we have not finished (tuning) yet unfortunately due to the lack of fuel pump flow, which we have hit maximum capacity. This is going to allow us to be creative with the fuel system, and we should be designing and machining a custom dual intake hat, and return style regulated system. As the car sits, the a/f was 12.2:1 so it wasn't far, but its tapped out.

Its interesting to compare this to the other F1C car I was recently reading about and you can see the compressor advantages of the d1 at this power level, obviously going for higher output the F1C has its advantages. What I was leading into is its important to do some math and target your airflow/horsepower with your supercharger choice.

Ill touch back in on this with the fuel system upgrade and finalized tuning, although we don't expect to much more power, and frankly can not use more boost on the stock motor with out repercussions, or comfort. (Heck we have already broke the output shaft in the transmission and drive shaft in this car.)

Photos of the build and such are found here http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipsmoto...7622083129361/

Regards
IPS Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:36 PM   #2
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Thumbs up

VERY VERY NICE!!!
See,......this why I would either do turbo or ProCharger all day long over the superchargers. Gobs of power and torque. VERY NICE!
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:36 PM   #3
Pope Designs

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Rally Yellow
ProCharger is awesome!

I have pretty much the same setup. I had them stop at 650 rwhp and 6.5 psi. I do not trust the bottom end any further. I did upgrade to the duel Fastlane fuel pump and it works great.

Bryan
Pope Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:44 PM   #4
Pope Designs

(Heck we have already broke the output shaft in the transmission and drive shaft in this car.)

If you don't mind me asking how did you do that?
Old 01-11-2010, 12:56 PM   #5
IPS Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Designs View Post
(Heck we have already broke the output shaft in the transmission and drive shaft in this car.)

If you don't mind me asking how did you do that?
No problem.

( Pope - Nice car! The Fastlane dual intake is nice, we are thinking more along the lines of a complete remodeled unit similar to units out in other markets, example corvettes.)

First we installed a set of the Nitto drag radials (20") which really did nothing decipherable for traction. Customer was out in front of the street launched the car with the new twin disc spec clutch, and banged second and the rear yoke flange on the drive shaft (where the bolts are) sheered off and made a mess out of his fuel tank. (The first graph power wise)

Following this repair we took the car to the track, he was running high 10's I believe, and launched the car on his 4th pass, and made a clean sheer of the stock output shaft on the transmission. I am not certain if this is one of the early model tr-6060's with the heat treatment issues or not. RPM transmissions whom we work with very closely worked with us on a rebuild and upgrading the transmission as well.

Now we just need spring time to see what it car run going further.

I also neglected to mention the cars current fuel system is a stock pump with a Kenny Bell boost-a-pump. (Again it is maxed out over 700hp for certain, especially with the parasitic drag from a supercharger.)
Old 01-11-2010, 03:49 PM   #6
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Old 01-11-2010, 03:54 PM   #7
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
That's a lot of power. Let's get some videos of this. I want to see it in action.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:41 PM   #8
tones2SS

Thumbs up

Quote:
ProCharger is awesome!

I have pretty much the same setup. I had them stop at 650 rwhp and 6.5 psi. I do not trust the bottom end any further. I did upgrade to the duel Fastlane fuel pump and it works great.

Bryan
Bryan, I did see that post and was amazed at your car as well.
650RWHP @ 6.5#?!?! SICK!!!
Old 01-12-2010, 09:01 AM   #9
IPS Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
That's a lot of power. Let's get some videos of this. I want to see it in action.
Well unfortunately mother nature has laid about 7 inches of snow on the ground recently, so racing is limited. Soon enough we will have some videos.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:22 AM   #10
Pope Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tones2SS View Post
Bryan, I did see that post and was amazed at your car as well.
650RWHP @ 6.5#?!?! SICK!!!
Thanks!

People can say what they want about how good stock heads flow but I credit my ported C&C heads for the power at such low boost.

Bryan
Old 01-12-2010, 09:40 AM   #11
REAPER SS

Drives: 2010 CAMARO BLK 2SS/L99
Damn!! These prochargers make some sick #s.
REAPER SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:36 PM   #12
tones2SS

Thumbs up

Quote:
Thanks!

People can say what they want about how good stock heads flow but I credit my ported C&C heads for the power at such low boost.

Bryan
Damn straight bud! I'm with you.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:38 PM   #13
IPS Brandon

Quote:
Thanks!

Bryan
We have some CC work that we do to the exhaust side, but have not tinkered with the already massive flowing intake ports.

What port work have you done to your heads, and or who has completed the work?
Old 01-12-2010, 02:35 PM   #14
Pope Designs

Total Engine Airflow did my head work. They did a great job. I misplaced the flow numbers but they were nasty!

Bryan