Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Phastek Performance

Old 02-07-2020, 02:35 PM   #1
Kmeleon

Drives: 2018 NFG 2SS 1LE!
Track apps and overlay questions

My next step in prepping my car for the track is to get my hands on a track app with data overlay and a solid mount for my old S7 android phone. I don't have PDR in my car so I'm going to add my own. I'm going to go with the tackform headrest phone mount and an external mic ran just outside the trunk to pickup a good exhaust note. I have an OBDLink MX bluetooth adapter already that I use for reading codes on my cars, so I'll just re-utilize it to capture the data and display it to whatever app I end up using. Right now I'm leaning towards Track Addict Pro.

My only real question is about an external GPS unit. Do I really need one if all I really care about is getting a good quality video, audio and a nice overlay showing mph, rpm's, G's and gear selection? I don't care about trying to use my recordings to analyze and improve my lap times, I'm never going to be looking to run competitive events.... just focused on having some fun on a closed track and capturing it.

Let me know what you think. If there's anything I'm missing please let me know.

Mount I'm looking at : https://www.tackform.com/collections...eat-passengers
Kmeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 04:17 PM   #2
detltu

Drives: 1992 Z28 1LE; 2015 Zl1
I have the Dual XPS 160 and use Harry's and it works well. I have had one or two occasions where the XPS lost power or came unplugged and I lost gps and it makes the track position a little choppy, but probably not necessary if you just want video with overlay. I think it can slightly affect your lap time accuracy as well.
1991 Camaro Z28 1LE-
1992 Camaro Z28 1LE- 25th anniversary
2015 Camaro ZL1
detltu is offline   Reply With Quote